Should PD be wiped?

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

like 3 years ago when old PD got "brought back", there was a huge influx of new people wanting to try their luck at being on top.
Influx of newbs if a wipe occured; yeah right!
completely opposite of this quote.

OLD (as in old, not the one thats on now.. the one like 5 years ago) pd was perfect. the only thing that was wrong with it was people got bored because slowly less people started playing as often and it was mostly those of us in the US. so that means during the hours of 2am-9am or so, you were lucky to have 1 person on.

but, mindless chaps, look and see! the same fucking thing was happening with the reg server. everyone was getting bored. then egg put 2 more DMs into the mix and now its fun as hell because theres actually something to look forward to other than grinding and talking with people.

SOOOOOOOOOOO, if we did this stuff on PD also (dont really see how that would be hard because 1. theres 3x as many DMs now, and 2. both new DMs OBVIOUSLY have an interest in PD seeing as they are/were gods on there for awhile), along with a wipe, that would bring the influx of newer players for the scoreboard challenge and KEEP them there because of the fun.

and the way we could do this, so that people dont get pissed when arty or crush spawn a whole bunch of balrons where people can die and lose their characters, we could do what i suggested before:
all the stuff you're doing on reg is great, but itd be fun for pd too. maybe during one of the DM's mass spawning escapades they can take off the no-XP out of the arena. that way people can have fun killing monsters in the arenas for a temp period of time but not have to worry abt dying and losing stones/chars.
honestly what the fuck is so hard to understand abt this?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I think reg needs a wipe before PD does, and reg isn't getting wiped anytime soon.

I don't care if people play PD or not, I consider it a luxury, an amusement, whatever. The argument that wiping it will bring new players means to me 'bringing players from reg' which I don't particularly want anyway.

I'm sick of hearing about 'old drops' and 'old enchanting'.

Then there is the big prob of bought res stones, I don't have a record of who bought what. I'd assume there wouldn't be many though. Magrock has a shitload of stones. And what about bought res's - ion just paid a fair amount for a res for example.

However, if the top 10 people on the scoreboard unanimously post for a wipe then I will do so.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

eggmceye wrote:Then there is the big prob of bought res stones, I don't have a record of who bought what. I'd assume there wouldn't be many though. Magrock has a shitload of stones. And what about bought res's - ion just paid a fair amount for a res for example.
Well, it's your own fault if you spend bux on pixels. You could've lost them anyway (for an example: server crashing / data loss et cetera).
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

I vote yes(apparently) And I've also spent a lot of money on EUO, latest being yesterday...and I still want to see a wipe.
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Keighn wrote:Influx of newbs if a wipe occured; yeah right!
As in new players? No.. But more people may come to PD. And with a possible scheduled wipe, there'd be no worry for anyone wanting a wipe, because one would be coming around anyways.
TheCrusher
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by TheCrusher »

Currently hold 1, and 3 on SB and vote is No.
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

What if we ran the current PD server and used NG to host one that had old drops OR just the current PD setup -- wiped. Just to see what it did, because if Crush has DM status and 2 places on SB, then without a 2/3 vote I think we're fucked
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

TheCrusher wrote:Currently hold 1, and 3 on SB and vote is No.
May I ask you why? I though you are a bit bored, since you are the highest level and there is no competition. Or is it about the +40 str stuffs? :cool:

I'm looking for a fresh start, with dramatic changes.
Instant /pvp 1 would be schweet too.
And make it permanent, if people really can buy stones they could donate aswell without getting anything in return.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

As Gandgolf from the scoreboard I also vote no on the wipe. If it's about bragging rights why not just list the top 100 players on PD like the way it is done with regular? Or the scoreboard for PD could be removed entirely. Either of these would be better than a wipe.
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

Top 100? You know the majority of people on it would be around lvl 20? Anyways, the people who want the wipe are not fucking retards, nor the ones that don't. So if reg has a 100 person scoreboard, and if it was only about bragging rights, wouldn't we have already suggested that instead of wanting our characters wiped? :?
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

People worked so hard for their levels, even if it is pd. You just saw number 1 and 3 on the PD scoreboard post, and he said no. Plus he's a DM. So he has a stronger word than anyone else.

What I am coming at is that PD is unlikely to get wiped.
~Mario
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

wishIwasDM wrote:because if Crush has DM status and 2 places on SB, then without a 2/3 vote I think we're fucked
Already said that too
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Just because crush and bugbo say no doesn't mean you can't schmooze or bribe or convince them other wise to change their vote ...

That's not my job however - I'm neutral (leaning towards no but I will do it if there is a consensus). I prefer you not to argue here about it though. Use email / pm or talk in game. Try and be rational.
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

All I have to say is thanks for not just throwing the idea out.
Luchipher
on lolpatrol

Post by Luchipher »

Beh... new monsters. Go stronger than the Shadow Lord with some twists.. May give those level 500+ players something else to do, and may eliminate boredom.
My new name is now Kova!!!
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Cant you just make your char die and then all you stuff would be wiped and theres your solution. =p
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Percival
How do I attack?

Post by Percival »

giving extremely hard dungeon would make hardcore players to move their asses again:D, maybe few new mobs:P
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

wishIwasDM wrote:Where as if it were wiped there wouldn't be the "1 other player online" message anymore.
Just read this, not much of a PD character, but you think a character wipe will bring in more players? That's completely retarded. People don't think exactly like you. They'll say "WHAT!? My level 647 character is GONE!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? I HAD FULL ADDY + 6 AND A DIAMOND CLAYMORE + 9!!!!! I'm not playin this anymore because I don't feel like having to start al over again. I QUIT!" INSTEAD of seeing that "1 other player online" message, you won't be getting ANY message, you'll be the only person on.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Bk

Post by Bk »

Zilverlight wrote:
wishIwasDM wrote:Where as if it were wiped there wouldn't be the "1 other player online" message anymore.
Just read this, not much of a PD character, but you think a character wipe will bring in more players? That's completely retarded. People don't think exactly like you. They'll say "WHAT!? My level 647 character is GONE!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!? I HAD FULL ADDY + 6 AND A DIAMOND CLAYMORE + 9!!!!! I'm not playin this anymore because I don't feel like having to start al over again. I QUIT!" INSTEAD of seeing that "1 other player online" message, you won't be getting ANY message, you'll be the only person on.
He may be retarded, but he's more right than you. Probably not even 50% of all the Reg. Server players ever get onto PD. Then maybe about 10%, maybe less have a char that's remorted and like lvl 200+, so that'd account fo the people that'd be like, "WTF!", and the other people, who just want to be on a scoreboard would come in.

What I'm saying is a wipe would drive certain people away, but bring attention from alot more.
But the easiest solution would be to stop selling revivals and stones, that's why the people are pretty high lvls now, they can buy stones to stay alive, and if they do die, they can just res their care, and never worry about losing a top spot, but only worry about how much money is left to pay for it all.

And adding new dungeons and harder monsters won't fix anything. Most people would be stupid to go hunt there on PD, even the Top 10, if it were soo hard, why would they risk having to buy another res stone or a revival to go there? I stay on minotaurs and stuff until I get really good, and can do about 300+ dmg BS and stuff before trying to take on dragons...
princeuda33
How do I attack?

Post by princeuda33 »

as most of u know jamaal im tryin to come back i play reg and pd my guy on pd is still alive and i like pd and my opinion is it shouldnt be wiped not even reg...