about lag - or something else?

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

fabgrass
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

about lag - or something else?

Post by fabgrass »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<shame>
EDIT : there are chances that the problem was... the battery of my keyboard. Then no troubles with 'notmal', 'strange','network' or 'server' lag...
I think this topic can be deleted -- sorry (!!)
</shame>
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello

I died again on PD - :(. So I accept my destiny, it's not a topic about the great injustice of lag.

I was killed by lag (too much lag, sure, from europa. I m in france), but by a strange sort of lag : it don't looks like lag.

I have 'normal' lag : screen frozen, and events stacked during lag suddenly happens at end. Like everyone I suppose, I anticipate the lag, striking empty tiles that I know a monster will come on. :)

But in this case, I m only frozen, not the monsters : my keyboard is frozen, I can't do anything, but monsters are not. they continue to move, cast,strike, strike, strike. I just can see death coming - but no actions can be executed.

Then I suppose it s not lag, but perhaps a consequence of lag : my actions don t reach the server, but I receive server (deadly) events.
Or perhaps 'normal' lag is a network lag, and this 'strange' lag is a server lag?

Someone had the same trouble?

I m in france, french keyboard, dual core. I seen topics about some keyboard problems with multi-processors - I had these problems last year. But here it s different.

Someone have an opinion about that?