Ideas thread 2020

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2019

Post by Azalynn »

Hexblades does pretty underwhelming damage and if they are going to have a reduction to their hp, they should do significantly more damage than their non hexblade counterpart!

I am a big fan of having to play smarter and riskier for higher clear speed but if you don't have either and you're still squishy it feels pretty bad.

Give like 20% increased damage and increase attack speed by like 10% and youd be golden compared to other classes. I want melee necros to work damn it but it's just not quite there unfortunately.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

I noticed the Museum in Nord on PD was empty unlike the reg server which has notable items displayed within the museum
I'd suggest possibly turning the Museum in PD into a "Hall of Champions" type of memorial
Maybe replica avatar copies or statues of players who hit 1k or who are just notable people on the PD server?
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Lets discuss necros

Hexblades clearly isnt the play when it comes to playing a necromancer but what if we replaced that with a pet style build. You can keep hexblades just make your summons scale off your hexblades damage plus level like they are currently! Keep the hexblade damage where its at (which is pretty underwhelming as it is) and add this bit of damage to this build path for necro.

It would be super awesome to have permanent summons (until they die) and also to have some sort of unique interaction with them! Like an attack command to where they will single target focus whatever you have targeted, maybe one that will teleport them to the target for the weird pathing for npcs in EUO, and maybe for a 100% skill spell throwing those summons in a frenzy and them attacking 50% faster for 10 seconds and it costs your rage!

If you really wanted to get creative, when you hit 100 rage you could decide to spend that rage and it would consume your current minions to summon one super minion that would just plow through shit and maybe while this super minion is active you do not have any more summon slots, or even allow you to resummon at this time to get the army feel!

Ive always been a huge fan of "pet" type builds in other games and i think this idea would be freaking awesome to see in EUO! I love necros as an off class as they are but it would be awesome to have the whole army of the dead idea come to life in EUO!

egg; I like pet style builds too
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

A few more Runes of Recall (Bone, Brass, Silver or w/e)

I had an idea for all those special fountains when you dip a flask into them:
Radioactive Fountain - Green Potion made
Void Fountain - Black Potion made
Blood Fountain - Vial of blood (if a vial is dipped)
Slime Fountain - Slimes come out like snakes. Same thing if you activate it.
Fontana del Montor - Random Potion (Yellow, Blue, Red) Activating it heals all life, mana, and cures poison.

Klimbing Skill - increases each time you Klimb. At 100% No more falling. I'm tried of failed Klimbs.

Mercantile /trading skill - It would be nice to sell items for 90% of what they can be bought for. Getting a discount of of say 1% off NPC merchants for every 10% in the skill would be great too. Selling your crafts now to NPcs really kind of sucks.
ZUPS!!!!
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

More armour enchantments like resist lighting/fire/cold. Each + gives you 10% resist, so max you could get 70%.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Static & high loot drops from end game dungeon bosses

Would love to see loot tables with unique items from hard bosses that require a party to clear
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Sumter wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:38 am Static & high loot drops from end game dungeon bosses

Would love to see loot tables with unique items from hard bosses that require a party to clear
Give me 10 uniques to get from each boss, let me grind away my life damn it haha pls
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

that's pretty WoW :whistle:
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm that's pretty WoW :whistle:
This is most games, runescape, wow, terraria, grim dawn, borderlands, diablo, torchlight, wolcen, etc just to name a few! They wouldnt even have to be crazy good drops just unique enough for people to want to grind them.

ie, drop from blood queen, leather cap +4 nv +30 dex, increased sneak distance (just behing able to hide one block closer than normal)

Its not crazy overpowered, more so cool than anything else.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

eggmceye wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm that's pretty WoW :whistle:
Hi Egg :aus:

Also, a big fan of what Azalynn is on about. Moar grind!

I'll take a WoW Warlock T2 for my spooky necro pls!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

I understand that EUO isnt other games but a good example of a thing i wish was in EUO more than anything else is someone like OSRS collection log, its literally a book with empty slots for every single monster/boss in the game. It tracks all the rare drops, and how many kills you have no those bosses/monsters thats literally it. You can physically see your progression even end game after your character is maxed, it gives you something to work for!

For those who have never seen it, https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Collection_log

It doesnt even have to be exactly this, but this is so fucking cool.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Azalynn wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:22 am I understand that EUO isnt other games but a good example of a thing i wish was in EUO more than anything else is someone like OSRS collection log, its literally a book with empty slots for every single monster/boss in the game. It tracks all the rare drops, and how many kills you have no those bosses/monsters thats literally it. You can physically see your progression even end game after your character is maxed, it gives you something to work for!

For those who have never seen it, https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Collection_log

That may slow down the server though. Remember how the armory used to track your kills, but they had to remove it because it was causing lag?
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Thats a good question, i always wondered what happened to the kill counters, i always thought those were so damn cool. I wouldnt think it would slow it down much at all but i could be wrong, thats a question for egg
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Could use an epic phase of City of Shadows now that the level cap has been raised
AlexisMagnus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by AlexisMagnus »

Hi,

Can't say this is a bug, but got me by surprise: KOP scroll reveals you for a moment before you're teleported, which means that, if you're in range of a monster that can instakill you, you may die before escaping (other effects, such as paralyze, are also applied, but don't prevent teleport). Doesn't make much sense to me, since, when you're hiding, you can read other scrolls without this effect, as well as talk, open chests and even butcher corpses.

Maybe it's not worth fixing, but I'd add at least a note in Inscription section of the manual warning about this effect of KOP Scroll.

egg: I really like this as a feature as it is, ie the use makes you visible and then teleport - add's to the games grunginess
(aka SirNoobs)

-- "If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Azalynn wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:22 am

I've wanted to something like this for ages, inspired by GTA's 100% completion page. I've sorta flirted with it with armoury's ear list, chive list. According to my todo doc, from the first page:
euo completion checklist
* dungeons (handcrafted, rand)
* monsters to kill (base monster list + list of customs)
* altars sacrificed at (ignore those in random maps)
* Town Innes (sung at, drunk at, brought... from)
* shrines meditated at (12 total)
* Gods: sacrificed to, worshipped
* quests completed (193 total?, are some mutex (fix)) 173 max completable?
* ears
* achievements
note that item collecting is NOT on it - euo has stupid amount of variability in terms of item collecting, so I wouldn't even start with that. That OSRS list was mostly items, and some of it is stupidly grindy. exhibit 1, of 1000s
osrs.PNG
I'll do a completion list but not one that req 1/6500 chance drops

Quests are also hard to put in a list because in EUO you simply can't do them all. so you can't get 100% on quests

Dungeons are a bit of a problem: how do you declare it complete? probably easiest way is to ensure each has a boss or two that gives an ear, and just use that.

Altars: be cool if you could sac at the X known altars (50?) - but altars can appear in randomised maps, so how do you account for those?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2020

Post by eggmceye »

osrs2.PNG
this shit is fun to read but there is no way in hell I would want to participate or encourage this sort of play style

A completion list of of rare loot table items is ... well it's sort of shameful. It's a scoreboard of how many hours you have wasted in the game waiting for the RNG. The rng might be terrible in euo but no one is holding a gun to your head: having a list where you are encourage to get all the rng items is that metaphorical gun. but runescape is pay to win, so what do you expect

evil chicken feet et al would be acceptable if it wasn't a 1/300 drop ... but rather an item obtained completing a task without any random variance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Like i was saying, i enjoy the idea of the collection log within osrs, i know in euo something of the sort would be entirely different. Even if it was a book in game you could put in your house and people could look in that book to see the artifacts you have collected. Even if its something as simple as that!
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

a book in yr house is a cool idea
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

-Increase Flame Wind damage by 50% while polymorphed (like fireball)

-Have fire attacks (VF, IFH, FG, Corpse Explosion) have a chance to inflict burning - a DoT status effect like bleeding, but you gain the flaming animation temporarily. Cured by clear potions (water).

-Manashield - a mage ability that splits damage between mana and hp, reducing both, rather than taking full damage from hp (a mage tank stance), once mana reaches 0, full damage taken from hp again. Vigor/blue pots don't work while using mana shield. Add a cooldown to avoid deactivating shield, blue pot, and reactivating.

-Spirit of the Magi- Cast spells at twice mana cost, for 25% faster casting. Vigor/blue pots don't work while using Spirit of the Magi. Add a cooldown to avoid deactivating spirit, blue pot, and reactivating.

*Alternatively*

-Release Tank stance, Beserker Stance, and Agile stance to all classes. Make beserker work for all weapons.

-XC should ignore tactics damage reduction in pvp, as it is supposed to ignore mr in general scenarios.

*Alternatively*

-Make tactics a classless skill

-Mage invisibility should work the same as general stealth for backstab. (I'll admit this may be a bit much, but it just makes sense)

-Breaking lockpicks and probes all the way down to zinc ore has a wildly low return rate (like 20 from 2000), I think it should be increased.

- Replace new fans with another skill, maybe a +5% experience song?

- Increase Bard Mr gain to +10%, rather than +100

- Make black dragon pudding craftable at a slightly lower level, making cooking easier to GM.