official Bards thread

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: bards

Post by Eclips »

Show Stopper-. Either circle 8 using 100 rage or a foil special that requires a lute offhand.
Taunts all nearby mobs for 5 seconds. Increases reposte chance to 90% for duration.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

is that a bug report or a feature request :2cool:
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

10% damage, Mr boost, loot boost and rage boost are all auras that last until you change.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

is that a
a) fact
b) bug report
c) feature
d) feature request
e) all of the above
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Show stopper is a feature request

Second reply was meant for Mcdeath and his question about length of aura buff.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Eclips wrote:Show Stopper-. Either circle 8 using 100 rage or a foil special that requires a lute offhand.
Taunts all nearby mobs for 5 seconds. Increases reposte chance to 90% for duration.
Show stopper isn’t working for me even with 100 music and foils. Is this a feature?
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

:fp:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

good shit in the bards thread today
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

eggmceye wrote:good shit in the bards thread today
is that
a) genuine
b) sarcasm
c) trolling
d) all of the above
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

e) all of the above and more
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Yes, I noticed odd things with the auras yesterday. Sometimes they don't go away and I had all of 'em listed on the screen, other times there would be only one listed.

Also, the new fans doesn't seem to do anything, maybe because Djunior is low level... is it level based?
Djanno :smoke:
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

New fans worked fine on PD with 1k char , one of my favorite. It works on summons.
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Charm is a weird effect in euo in general. I would suggest maybe looking at another ability to replace it with.

Maybe an AoE sleep song? No clue what to suggest, but new fans feels like a definite placeholder.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Rage buff is kind of useless. With the dmg buff I seem to be generating rage at the same rate.

MR buff is way too low to be viable.

Possible replacements are AS buff and a % based MR buff.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

For lowbie newb levels its ok. Saved my bacon a few times. Mostly testing out the loot bonus. I'm not sure if that's mob-based, chest-based, both or works with loot artifacts?
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Is magic parry/riposte based on AS or just skill?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't suppose I can get an explanation on how +loot works with the lute. Does it stack with the +loot on artifacts? Is it mostly for chests or bosses? Is it working on all servers correctly? I ask because I'm not sure if say a mob drops oh +7s weapons (non tint), then should it with +loot drop say +8s or more tints?
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Keighn wrote:I don't suppose I can get an explanation on how +loot works with the lute. Does it stack with the +loot on artifacts? Is it mostly for chests or bosses? Is it working on all servers correctly? I ask because I'm not sure if say a mob drops oh +7s weapons (non tint), then should it with +loot drop say +8s or more tints?
Chests and Drops appear to work on a scale of 1-16. Sort of like treasure maps lvl 0-15. +9AS weps come from level 15-16 drops (maybe 14,15,16), +8s from (13,14,15) etc. Loot bonus works bumps up the level of the drop, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a normally +8AS drop becomes a +9AS drop.

It has, as far as I know, no effect on artifact drop rate. That seems to be flat rate chance, around 1/200 drops is an arty, regardless of the level of the drop.

Also as far as I know, there are no artifacts with a +loot bonus - at least none that I've been told or reported on the new artifact thread.

Loot bonus does not stack with other loot bonus auras - so having two bards with loot bonus aura on is redundant. If +loot aura exists in the new arty weps, I would assume that it wouldn't stack either.

Can't say if it works on all servers correctly, but it definitely works on Reg.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
DannyOrange
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by DannyOrange »

Eclips wrote: I think you made stealth and music mutually exclusive bc Backstab would be OP on the build. I agree with that sentiment, but think there's no reason a bard couldn't also be stealthy. I suggest switching stealth with short swords..
Started as a newb bard. This is how I thought the class would play. I assumed assassin moves wouldn't be available but I didn't expect no stealth at all. Seems noticeably more challenging just starting out compared to the other classes I've started. Definitely for Eclips' suggestion here :)

Important EDIT: After playing a classic rogue builds with stealthy capabilities for years and years, it was awkward to get used to going without at first but now that I've gotten into a groove with the build I honestly don't even miss it, and am having a blast. So, I didn't want to delete the post because it's still feedback - but basically disregard my initial concern. This class build is cool and I like it.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Out of curiosity, what's your build, race, subclasses, gear and tactics with your new bard?