placeholder

faq
how i make bard
1) roll one
or
2a) have stealth<90, visit 'school of rock' in uni, get 10% music
2b) aquire lute (seftonvale)
2c) visit pubs (skip nord) and ask about song

remember, music is mutex with stealth. as your music goes up your stealth goes down, and vice versa
eggmceye
hello

Re: bards

Postby Keighn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:06 pm

School of Rock. Jack Black comes into my mind. Which is ironic because I just bought a game with him in it for nostalgia value. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Eclips » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:24 am

This thots thoughts on bards so far.

Overall the class seems well balanced. A nice balance of party utility and individual play viability. Also enjoyable gameplay.

Fear and confuse is broken. Right now it makes you invincible. Seems like a bug but feared mobs will run for the duration and never attack. Casting the spell when there are multiple mobs eliminates all aggro on you. Id suggest fear wear off when mobs are attacked by players.

The MR aura is all but useless. 100 Mr across an entire party might seem like a decent boost, but the MR system in the game is more or less all or nothing. Only useful if a certain player is close to the MR needed to defend against a certain mob. I purpose switching it with a small magic damage reduction or chance to dodge.

I think you made stealth and music mutually exclusive bc Backstab would be OP on the build. I agree with that sentiment, but think there's no reason a bard couldn't also be stealthy. I suggest switching stealth with short swords.

I haven't used New fans much, but I've never gotten the charm effect to work. In any manner, it seems like a less effective ability than fear and confusion. At a minimum of switch their circles.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Postby LaughingCoyote » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:56 pm

Confusion (mage spell) works almost the same as Fear and Confusion (bard aura) - because the latter isn't really an aura. You have to cast it to have an effect instead of being on all the time. Its not OP, just annoying.

On the other hand bard buff auras aren't really "auras" in the sense that once the bonus is applied to you - it stays on even if you leave the vicinity of the bard. You don't even need to be in their party to have the buff applied. So you could have 4 bards afk outside nord with different buffs activated, and everyone gets their bonuses just by walking past them.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.

eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Postby eggmceye » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:15 pm

fear and confusion isn't an aura and isn't on all the time !

also the auras (should) wear off when you leave the vicinity so if that isn't happening, that's a bug
ps: just tested, it's busted :fp: you know what happens? if you equip a lute then you pick up auras and never lose them. try moving in and out of a bard radius with and without lute equipped.
eggmceye
hello

Postby LaughingCoyote » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:18 pm

So, its only busted if you are a bard? That isn't too bad I guess? Although then everyone would want to be 10% bard, like how everyone wants to be 12-24% druid.

Also, thanks for clarification re debuff songs not being auras.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.

eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Postby Eclips » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:30 pm

I fully admit I may be wrong here, bc I dont think I ever used confusion for anything other than skill training, but the issue I'm talking about is that Confusion can fail, Fear and Confusion cannot (Everything thats not confused is feared, either way neither mob will ever attack you for the duration).

If you can cast Fear and Confusion every 5 seconds or so, you're invincible, unless you're fighting 1v1 and the mob gets confused instead of feared. If a lvl 10 were to invis into a group of Epic shadow lords right now and use fear on confusion, they would survive and could potentially kill them all until the last one (Unless theyre hard coded to be immune to either status). The biggest restraint would be having the time to wear them all down.
Eclips

Postby CinisterD » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:15 am

Eclips wrote:I fully admit I may be wrong here, bc I dont think I ever used confusion for anything other than skill training, but the issue I'm talking about is that Confusion can fail, Fear and Confusion cannot (Everything thats not confused is feared, either way neither mob will ever attack you for the duration).

If you can cast Fear and Confusion every 5 seconds or so, you're invincible, unless you're fighting 1v1 and the mob gets confused instead of feared. If a lvl 10 were to invis into a group of Epic shadow lords right now and use fear on confusion, they would survive and could potentially kill them all until the last one (Unless theyre hard coded to be immune to either status). The biggest restraint would be having the time to wear them all down.

This is probably the one spell I have more experience with than anyone else. I use confusion more than I use chain lightning.

Confusion (the mage version) is actually much better in my opinion. Not bashing the bard version at all, just stating it isn't quite as OP as it may seem. Both confusion spells last about the same time. The mage version has a much larger range, but it INT and MR dependant. The bard version seems to ignore MR (as it should imo), but has a smaller range.

I think the downside to the bard version is the range. Ive gotten killed already by mobs outside of the song range, that didn't get confused.

I agree it can be a pretty strong spell, especially for low level. I guess my counter arguement, is backstab is just as powerful. Seems like a fair trade-off.

I should also note I'm mage/bard, so I can confuse regardless. I don't lose anything if the spell gets nerfed, but I don't think it should. Just my opinion.
CinisterD
Here for the lesbians.

Postby Keighn » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:03 am

Just starting a newb bard. Started out with a lute, rapier, and the +10% damage song. But I wanted to try out the stealth first (got up to 20) then tried the bard song. Yep, that works fine.

Wondering how long the song lasts since I don't see a counter. Guess I'll figure it out.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Eclips » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:22 am

Show Stopper-. Either circle 8 using 100 rage or a foil special that requires a lute offhand.
Taunts all nearby mobs for 5 seconds. Increases reposte chance to 90% for duration.
Eclips

Postby eggmceye » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:04 am

is that a bug report or a feature request :2cool:
eggmceye
hello

Postby Eclips » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:34 am

10% damage, Mr boost, loot boost and rage boost are all auras that last until you change.
Eclips

Postby eggmceye » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:37 am

is that a
a) fact
b) bug report
c) feature
d) feature request
e) all of the above
eggmceye
hello

Postby Eclips » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:52 am

Show stopper is a feature request

Second reply was meant for Mcdeath and his question about length of aura buff.
Eclips

Postby Mackey » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:56 am

Eclips wrote:Show Stopper-. Either circle 8 using 100 rage or a foil special that requires a lute offhand.
Taunts all nearby mobs for 5 seconds. Increases reposte chance to 90% for duration.

Show stopper isn’t working for me even with 100 music and foils. Is this a feature?
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby Eclips » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:58 am

:fp:
Eclips

Postby eggmceye » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 pm

good shit in the bards thread today
eggmceye
hello

Postby Eclips » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:09 pm

eggmceye wrote:good shit in the bards thread today

is that
a) genuine
b) sarcasm
c) trolling
d) all of the above
Eclips

Postby eggmceye » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:59 am

e) all of the above and more
eggmceye
hello

Postby Djanno » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:51 pm

Yes, I noticed odd things with the auras yesterday. Sometimes they don't go away and I had all of 'em listed on the screen, other times there would be only one listed.

Also, the new fans doesn't seem to do anything, maybe because Djunior is low level... is it level based?
Djanno :smoke:
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Next

Return to EUO General