Ideas thread 2019

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas thread 2019

Post by Mackey »

To expand on McDeath's ideas, make non-athame hexblades viable:

Allow parry/riposte with krys
Allow dual wielding/offhand of stilettos
Give sickle the reduced mana use and faster cooldown of staves
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Looks good to me.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Regardless of your calculation, ingame I'm doing the same damage with a 1h my 2h is doing.

Why would some one lose out on an offhand to use a 2h for no gain? Using your logic I feel like fighter 2h should do the same damage as 1h fighter weapons. But it doesn't because you're trading out using a shield and defense with a 2h doe more damage..

If that's what you intended all good, I'm just pointing out something that feels wonky as a player.

The hexblade blade synergy with the other classes could be kind of cool re: Mackey and the other guy. That would be fun for hybrid builds. Like you'd need rogue class skill to get the bonus. And maybe sickle could get wallop?
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Tink wrote:Regardless of your calculation, ingame I'm doing the same damage with a 1h my 2h is doing.

Why would some one lose out on an offhand to use a 2h for no gain? Using your logic I feel like fighter 2h should do the same damage as 1h fighter weapons. But it doesn't because you're trading out using a shield and defense with a 2h doe more damage..

If that's what you intended all good, I'm just pointing out something that feels wonky as a player.

The hexblade blade synergy with the other classes could be kind of cool re: Mackey and the other guy. That would be fun for hybrid builds. Like you'd need rogue class skill to get the bonus. And maybe sickle could get wallop?
The class combo thing is kinda meh. I like the idea of them having different properties so you can switch between them to do different roles, ie a sickle if you're supporting and mostly casting, a kryss if you're facing a melee mob, etc.
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Mackey wrote: Give sickle the reduced mana use and faster cooldown of staves
If Necros get a staff buff, and druids can activate staff enchanthments from a distance, but a mage cant get one single mage exclusive weapon......well nothing would happen; but I'll be very jealous.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

CinisterD wrote:
Mackey wrote: Give sickle the reduced mana use and faster cooldown of staves
If Necros get a staff buff, and druids can activate staff enchanthments from a distance, but a mage cant get one single mage exclusive weapon......well nothing would happen; but I'll be very jealous.
Simple solution there is somethin I've been thinkin about: Adding one property/enchantment to a weapon.

Original Idea I had and haven't refined yet: Craftable or purchasable item that grants a property/enchantment to a weapon or piece of jewelry, such as +protection, +trap detection, XJ, AEP, etc and soulbinds. If uncraftable, either gold or crystal coins. Possibly allows for naming of weapon? Feel like it fits in the vein of "Make your own artifact" that named weapons was supposed to be.

Idea for mages: 8th circle sorcery spell that allows a mage to make a staff into "Magic Staff" and it gains either a random property/enchantment or a specific one, and soulbinds. Kind of like blessed maces. Maybe rework stat ratio for Magic Staff to be 100% Int or 9:1 INT:STR like hexblades. This would also open up Staves as a monk weapon skill that could be mutex with magic staves the way maces skill goes down as blessed maces goes up. That would make for easy conversion for Mages with 100 staves already.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I think the best buff for mages staves would be if casting a spell while holding a staff with that enchantment buffed the spell or added an effect.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Mackey wrote: 2 handed weapon with dps very close to 1 handed, no berzerker stance, no offhand. One handed is the better choice, and the dps of an athame is best one handed necro weapon.
ok good (tho the 2h still has higher dps), but the stilletto is actually slightly higher than athame

what's considered the best 2h? I can just bump the sickle's stats to that - or make it 1h and bump the dps down a bit
I personally don't really care - what's most versatile? does anyone even like 2h?
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

CinisterD wrote:I'd like to see artifacts named after older players as well.
the Emo... I like it.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Alternative for mage weapons: Allow mages to conjure melee weapons with int based dmg "Magic sword," "Magic Axe", etc.
Tink

Post by Tink »

I'd like to see the sickle on par with a claymore as far as damage output. Making the sickle 1h would make it feel like Athame which wouldn't offer a variant setup.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

eggmceye wrote: what's considered the best 2h? I can just bump the sickle's stats to that - or make it 1h and bump the dps down a bit
I personally don't really care - what's most versatile? does anyone even like 2h?
The best 2h is a great maul. Most people seem to agree. Claymore is often a fan favorite too, due to specials.

I love 2h weps. Beserker stance is a blast (although it wont be on a necro)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

*this post was very wrong* deleted! :fp:
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Halberd was a good 2h weapon , but i use it with thunderclap because bloodbolt doesn't give much , even with the improved damage. Maybe let it use tint again ? vamp tint got nerfed later so it shouldn't be so OP.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

*deleted by egg*

Slower weapons proc enchantments more too, don't they? I swear by my claymore not because of the tint, but because of the AEP enchant it fires off.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yes, 'slower' weps proc more

I'm actually a bit confused by it all - doing spreadsheets atm to figure it out and confirm ... its all such a dog's breakfast of mods, revisions, improvements over the last 15 yrs that it's really hard to nut out how it works

my prev post about slower weapons not actually being slower and getting more stat dmg was wrong ...
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

While we're on the subject it would be cool if copper increased speed without reducing chance to proc. Gives copper more viability.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Anyone ever figure out if attack speed affects monk stances firing?
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Mackey wrote:Alternative for mage weapons: Allow mages to conjure melee weapons with int based dmg "Magic sword," "Magic Axe", etc.
This would be pretty cool
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I always thought wand weapons (aka Heretic/Hexen) would have been good mage weapons... of course they are ranged as not everyone is a Gandolf with some Uber elven blade of goblin killing. Int based damage? Op maybe? I recall I used some of the wands in tournaments but they weren’t all that effective being disposables. Magic commonly are your artillery and very squishy. Int/dex 75/25? Most mages i played skipped dex seeing it a waste. In the arts arcane hand gestures, movements are also important as the symbols and words of power.
ZUPS!!!!