FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by Mackey »

DUTCHMAN wrote:So I just started hammering out some necro for my DrRockzo. I had to summon 10 creatures to go from 0%-1%. that seems really slow. Is that how it is, or is this a bug?
The part that makes it really slow is the summon slot limitations when you first start out. We've been saying Dark Ritual should be the first circle spell and Summon Undead should be second circle since necromancers came out
DUTCHMAN
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by DUTCHMAN »

i agree with that.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, with summon in circle 1 you can Uber multi class and utilize that summoning at 100% more than if it was at circle 2. You’d then have to decide what class % to limit more if it was at a higher circle.

Imho, the necro needs more spells and dark ritual and summoning should share circle 1.

I’m really in the camp that each circle for any spell user should have a minimum of 3 spells to choose from. Ideally:
1. Utility
2. Defensive
3. Combat

Not more than 2 of one type though and suggest 1 offensive max. Filling that in... well that’s going to take brainstorming. I mean do mages, priest, monks, druids fill that idea of 3 Magic’s a circle?
ZUPS!!!!
DUTCHMAN

Post by DUTCHMAN »

So I am not good with code. I recently just got Chedichs auxbox and wanted to change up the displayable ratios, the standard right now is STR/DEX. I just wanted to modify to show int/dex as a test to see if I can actually do coding things. I got the INT/DEX to appear in the auxbox options. but it does not actually work. can someone help me? Ill post the original code set and then ill post the modified code set. also im really looking to do the remining combos of stats, so finishing int dex, and starting/completing int str. THANK YOU!!!!!

Original:

ched_addon_register("STR/DEX", "Chedich", "2013-06-20", "ched_strdexratio_1", "auxbox_ched_strdex_ratio()")

function auxbox_ched_strdex_ratio()
local str = string.format("%.1f", (me:get_str()/(me:get_str()+me:get_dex()))*100)
local dex = 100-str
auxbox_prop_line("STR/DEX:", str.."%/"..dex.."%")
end

Modified:

ched_addon_register("INT/DEX", "Chedich", "2013-06-20", "ched_intdexratio_1", "auxbox_ched_intdex_ratio()")

function auxbox_ched_intdex_ratio()
local int = inting.format("%.1f", (me:get_int()/(me:get_int()+me:get_dex()))*100)
local dex = 100-int
auxbox_prop_line("INT/DEX:", int.."%/"..dex.."%")
end
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

You removed string.format and made it inting. String not strength related. Make it string see if that fixes your issue. I'm not claiming it will but a string is basically how you define a word to a computer if that makes sense.
DUTCHMAN

Post by DUTCHMAN »

Im about to try it. THANKS TINK :-D

Update: it still does not work
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Code: Select all

ched_addon_register("INT/DEX", "Dutchman", "2019-01-10", "dutchman_intdexratio_1", "auxbox_dutchman_intdex_ratio()")

function auxbox_dutchman_intdex_ratio()
  local int = string.format("%.1f", (me:get_intel()/(me:get_intel()+me:get_dex()))*100)
  local dex = 100-int
  auxbox_prop_line("INT/DEX:", int.."%/"..dex.."%")
 end
Try this. If I remember correctly the function is get_intel() for intelligence.
DUTCHMAN

Post by DUTCHMAN »

Chedich I love you...LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON It worked thank you so much...

im trying to make INT STR ratio: i treid making ti and failed again...what am i missing

ched_addon_register("INT/STR", "Dutchman", "2019-01-10", "dutchman_intstrratio_1", "auxbox_dutchman_intstr_ratio()")

function auxbox_dutchman_intstr_ratio()
local int = string.format("%.1f", (me:get_intel()/(me:get_intel()+me:get_str()))*100)
local str = 100-str
auxbox_prop_line("INT/STR:", int.."%/"..STR.."%")
end
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

--INT/STR auxbox script by Chedich
--Last edited 2019-01-10

ched_addon_register("INT/STR", "mackey", "2019-01-10", "mackey_intstrratio_1", "auxbox_mackey_intstr_ratio()")

function auxbox_mackey_intstr_ratio()
local int = string.format("%.1f", (me:get_intel()/(me:get_intel()+me:get_str()))*100)
local str = 100-int
auxbox_prop_line("INT/STR:", int.."%/"..str.."%")
end
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I will get off my ass and move these auxbox posts to here

viewforum.php?f=20
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

This looks promising (and yes its on reg)

edit... ah that's a good map for old timers. Brings back the deadliness of old reapers when I first played. And nifty extra after.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's sort of a lame, half finished secret project
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, it brought back good reaper death memories.
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Do piles of items despawn as you are actively deconstructing them?

I lost a stack of about 1500 fire wards I was actively working on deconstructing.

Thats a TON of fire essences to lose :/
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Did you do them in your house?
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Anyone having forum/armory/log in issues at this minute?
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't suppose anyone knows exactly how glass armor works. I know it reflects some damage back similar to how undead take damage from silver armor but the actually amount always seems unclear. In fact, if I recall if you had a high def I seem to recall the creatures would take very little damage to nil where if you have a low def they inflict a little more. I have the aux box on where I can see how much they inflict. Unless its a really low mob like a rat or a goblin it hardly seems effective aft all. Can someone enlighten me on silver and glass armors?
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Keighn wrote:I don't suppose anyone knows exactly how glass armor works. I know it reflects some damage back similar to how undead take damage from silver armor but the actually amount always seems unclear. In fact, if I recall if you had a high def I seem to recall the creatures would take very little damage to nil where if you have a low def they inflict a little more. I have the aux box on where I can see how much they inflict. Unless its a really low mob like a rat or a goblin it hardly seems effective aft all. Can someone enlighten me on silver and glass armors?
Sargeant?Sergeant? player SargeFr who is currently inactive figured it out. I have his notes on my home pc somewhere, but don't have access to it for a while. Its good for lower level mobs, but the damage reflected doesn't seem to scale well, so for high hp mobs its pretty much useless.

From what I can remember.
1) Each glass item you wear (excluding shields + jewellery) increases % chance of damage being reflected. Its something like 5% per item.
2) Damage is reflected based on damage taken - so if you want to maximize damage reflected high def glass or high mr glass is probably counterproductive. Glass reflects half the damage that silver does.
3) Glass shields only reflect damage if they block.
4) Glass armor procs monk stances - so if you have snake or yeti it can inflict poison or slow on mobs. This seems to be the best use for it really, but glass UA armor doesn't drop.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

All that effort to get a set and it’s nigh useless. :/

Ah well.
ZUPS!!!!
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Is there any way we can get the pvp server back online to test out level 500's and/or practice pvp?