FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Sarge
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by Sarge »

You're kidding or ?

Vampyric adds life leech to the weapon, vastly increasing its value.

Adamantium adds base damage, increasing its value.

Each tint offers something that makes it better than vanilla, thus increasing its value.

I have no idea why you're talking about damage and explaining rounding while I'm asking about value.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Sarge wrote:You're kidding or ?

Each tint offers something that makes it better than vanilla, thus increasing its value.

I have no idea why you're talking about damage and explaining rounding while I'm asking about value.
The default values are pretty meaningless - dont sell tinted items to npc merchants if you feel like its not what they are worth. Make a merchant in Bartertown and sell it to other players.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

LaughingCoyote wrote:

The default values are pretty meaningless - dont sell tinted items to npc merchants if you feel like its not what they are worth. Make a merchant in Bartertown and sell it to other players.
This is exactly what I am trying to do, but I need to get an idea of the value of an item somehow and since the economy is pretty much dead, there really are very few ways to establish value.

Honestly though, even then it should not be an excuse for such a 'mistake'.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Ooops as economy is so dead, I didn't even consider you were talkings about money....
I thought you were asking about values, as in parameters of the stats of the item. :)
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

REEEEEE
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

The tint has a value ... but dunno why it is not showing here. Might only kick in when there is some magic on the item ..?
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

eggmceye wrote:The tint has a value ... but dunno why it is not showing here. Might only kick in when there is some magic on the item ..?
It seems that may very well be the case.

Something's odd with 'of leeching' weapon values too. From what I can see the 'of leeching' weapons are all +3. A blackrock long sword +3 has a value of ~20k gp but a blackrock long sword of leeching +3, which is better for all intent and purpose, has a value of only 1550 gp.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Leeching +3 has more AS than a +3 weapon. Is it 7? Something like that. If you look at the weapon in your inventory it says. The +3 is the leech effect
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Eclips wrote:Leeching +3 has more AS than a +3 weapon. Is it 7? Something like that. If you look at the weapon in your inventory it says. The +3 is the leech effect
So the leeching weapon should be worth even more and currently it's worth less than a tenth of a +3.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Leeching = +3 weapon
Leeching +1 = +4 weapon
Leeching +2 = +5 weapon
Leeching +3 = +6 weapon

I know I know ... no leeching up to a +10 weapon.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

so I had a look and 1) tints only increase a value if there is a + on it ... 2) leeching counts more as a material in this way, so you might get a good price on a leeching item if tinted ... but the leeching pricing looks stupid anyway. whole thing needs a rewrite.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

eggmceye wrote:so I had a look and 1) tints only increase a value if there is a + on it ... 2) leeching counts more as a material in this way, so you might get a good price on a leeching item if tinted ... but the leeching pricing looks stupid anyway. whole thing needs a rewrite.
Thanks for taking the time man.

If you're going to re-do the values it might be worth it getting input from the seasoned players on their feelings on how much more valuable one tint is over another as I believe it to be quite significant as there is a relationship between NPC merchants and player merchant prices.

I hope that doesn't make it sound like I'm insinuating that you don't know the practical values of each tint in relation to each other, but I can't imagine you re-doing it again if perhaps you valued silver the same as vampyric and addled as much as adamantium as examples, so I'm speaking up now. :)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

As a hoarder and marketer. I keep items in storage bins and when in need materials; I convert to raw elements for crafting. Keeping a hearty amount of high ingot making weapons and Armour for dipping is a good way to go. Generally I like claymores. Pack em, dip em as you go or bounce between heavily fountain laden maps.

Deconstruct to ingots and make rondel or something to sell. I used to have a spread shit on the whole loot to coin model via crafting now gone
ZUPS!!!!
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

So I have a question - I have a char that has spend three levels in versatility shrine, therefore increasing its class cap by 6% (char is human obviously). Now I want to change race. What will happen with those three levels wasted in versatility shrine? Do I automatically get them back?
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

you'll have to go talk to the dude in the humility shrine (black stone) and get your levels back before you can do a race change.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Where do you get the name eggmceye?
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

he stole it from me. i want it back.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

my friend said "egg mackay" randomly as a joke, not even applying it to me - he just said it, I don't know why, and he doesn't remember it. It's a play on the name "Ian Mackay" who is a punk musician I used to really like and still do - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_MacKaye

been using it (specifically EggMcEye) since 1997 - it was my warcraft 2 name when I played in Ozwl - which was a pre battlenet warcraft 2 league played over kali when I was 22 (in 1997)

when warcraft 3 came out in 2002ish, there was talk of restarting ozwl - that is actually the reason why this forum exists - that is why my reg date is 2002, not 2003 when euo started proper
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

What kinda punk music do you like?

What kinda music do you like in general?
I've seen you post some...power metal? in a few lore threads.

Is this too inquisitive? I'm a curious guy.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

eggmceye wrote:when I was 22 (in 1997)
We're the same age.