druid thread

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: druid thread

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I thought of some druid spells:

-Greater restoration: 3x3 AOE healing over time, only works on good creatures (good for healing your party, pets, summons, etc).
-Greater charm: Single adjacent target, charms a creature and makes them heroic (doesn't work on heroic mobs).
-Fortify ally: Single target good creature does double damage for 10 seconds.
IGN: 1
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Enchanted staves with hydra OG and croc wallop is good! Gives lots of fun options.

I found some things:
-Druid restoration works when you're a vamp, I don't know if this is intended or an oversight.
-I found a bug where transferring an enchant onto a bone staff but just the regular bone staff in my inventory unenchanted? I haven't tried duplicating this again though.
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

1[WoWz] wrote:I thought of some druid spells:

-Greater restoration: 3x3 AOE healing over time, only works on good creatures (good for healing your party, pets, summons, etc).
-Greater charm: Single adjacent target, charms a creature and makes them heroic (doesn't work on heroic mobs).
these all sound like bards to me and make me want to start the bard class rite now :rebel:
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

eggmceye wrote:

these all sound like bards to me and make me want to start the bard class rite now :rebel:
doeeettttt
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

eggmceye wrote:

I feel like I'd just sit in the Nord tavern, sarenading the newbs.
Roopert
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Roopert »

I need an upvote button for the Bard idea! I need more alts!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

When are druid going in? Could use some fresh content to play on PD :)
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I played a rotting zombie on reg once. I just sat in front of town typing the \me command like:
Rots a little,
loses a piece of flesh
Scratches at flies
Eats a maggot

And i’d Moan once in a while like a zombie. Did that once for 3 hours whether people were around or not. Didn’t have pvp though and I think I was diseased. I guess disease goes away now? Pity there isn’t cursed disease gearto wear.
ZUPS!!!!
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Yer weird af.

:?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

made some updates to druids and rolled them out to weekly
you can't roll a druid on weekly but you can talk to daria and get some skill points & spells, and the tomes will drop

Druid changes:
# charge can be used by anyone polymorphed (as long as have the req rage)
# the croc pushback attack (thru Des Ort) bumps rage (so couples with charge)
# croc pushback pushes everything back (so combos with charge, whip etc)
# increased walking speed of croc & zorn
# croc stat spread now 80/10/10
# croc stat dmg ratio is 8/1 (str/dex) forced, regardless of equipped weapon, so poly gets max stat dmg
# transfer enchantment moved to circ 7 from 6
# added filler summon treants spell to circ 6 Des Kal Xen
# water pipe unavailable (except on alpha) for time being
# if, as hydra, you bolt a mob that is entangled, then that bolt can do extra dmg and split off into different chains (I'm trying to come up with ways to spice up hydra!)

I nearly put this on to the other servers but no actual rush. weekly is a good start.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

druids live everywhere

final changes for time being:
# getting into croc form gives you min 30 rage (so you can immediately charge) (but only if you would normally bump rage, ie wep req min skill)
# Des Ort knockback (croc form) on entangled enemy makes it bleed
# Des Ort bolt (hydra form) on entangled enemy makes the bolt bounce like a VOG (I know I said this yesterday but it's p good)
# I didn't state this last post but croc HP is really high now that stats are 80/10/10 and definitely the safest mode

Druid is pretty twitchy and amusing. I finished weekly with one. I def used hydra for clear and croc for bosses. The clearing is amusing because relies heavily on positioning.

A sample rotation for croc might be:
poly croc (gives 30 rage) -> charge -> entangle -> knockback (makes bleeding) -> charge, etc

A sample rotation for hydra might be:
target mob in group -> entangle -> position self for max dmg and bolt entangled target -> watch bolt bounce around -> potentially spam bolt more or finish with whip
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Oooh I just thought of a sweet Druid build. 70% druid 30% monk(or priest) 100% rogue. You basically play as pure rogue, but with 80/10 str dex and an ability that acts like wallop. You also get some nice mage spells (VOG/OG, and SL), with the potential to play a pseudomage if you wish. Sleeping fist makes for some interesting combos, though mani is also a good choice, and so is full 100% druid for XC and mothra form.

Some fun croc rotations:

Croc form->dual machete->knockback for rage->slice and dice for damage, gouge+entangle for defense->profit

Croc form-> run into crowd with foil or machete->knockback for rage->fire musket for even more rage->spray and pray.

Switch to croc form->get 30 rage and sleeping fist->backstab

Croc form->Sleeping fist->step back and fire musket->step closer and sleeping fist again (musket should build min 20 rage per shot)-> repeat until dead. If you want, you can also spam entangle.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Alright, so here we go. This is my day one alpha (live version) testing of druids.

Im not sure why but how the cast speed and damage works single target with thorn whip vs abduction, there is absolutely no contest. You can cast two thorn whips inside an abduction cast and it does 20% more damage using two thorn whips instead of one abduction cast.

The most effective build i found was 85 druid and 90 necro purely for being able to use snake poly and corpse explosion.

Hydra seemed pretty meh, i feel like it needs to scale harder than a normal OG as well as the rooted target spread (vog thing) for it to be useful beeecauuuseeee....

I just got in snake form with a vog enchant and used druid action and all of the hits on the snake skill spread count as melee hits which means lots and lots of vog procs. The only issues are, have to have high stats for it to be powerful due to how damage enchant scaling works and its 100% based off of procs so that's where necro came in. Corpse explosion, spam druid action in snake, pray for procs, kill everything on the screen once something dies. The biggest problem with this setup is, your 2-3 target is shit and completely based on your necro summons doing the majority of the work while you spam thorn whip. Your aoe is insane tho. Almost like original hail of bones plus corpse explosion insane, if your enchants proc, that is. Just make sure if you're doing super farm content ( i was just in hero ana mass pulling dragons with a 1k, which doesnt really do damage and was using a vamp staff to sustain off of the vogs) you really do need to be mass pulling, chain pulling at all costs. You can clear extremely quickly but that is completely dependant on how good you are at dragging mobs and not losing aggro due to not moving at a constant rate. (Old necro player style pulling.)

My original idea was golden but turned out to be shit because of the land rate on poison (which is why i was in snake in the first place) and using greater power word pain. So Aoe bleed, poison (druid action), then the damage off of the druid action as well as the 2 DoTs would chunk everything down. Unfortunately this is absolute dogshit due to the DoTs scaling TERRIBLY (but the main issue is...) not landing more than half the time causing you to keep recasing both spells. While you sit there and recast GPWP, you are literally doing zero damage while you cast it 16 times to finally bleed all of the targets. As well as spamming druid action, which doesnt scale for shit with intelligence either, while you attempt to apply or reapply poison.

As for croc stance, the druid action is pretty meh, pretty useless. Your staff enchant procs on this tho and thats solid.

The other stances are pretty worthless in a solo situation or very niche situations (mothra).

Summon Treants is absolutely useless due to scaling, necro summons are the only way to go.

That all being said, 85 druid 90 necro is effective but its 100% based off of procs (which you will get) but your single target is pretty shit.

You really could go 85 druid, 60 necro, 30 priest if you want 100% minor heal, that's probably better actually.

That being said, all of this testing was done on a 1k alt on alpha with really end game gear (full bone max stat +36 int gear, attack rings, attack neck, vamp staff vog). Seeing that enchants scale off of stats as well as necro summons, its a very, very max stat dependant build. So being high level is almost a must. Can be pulled off at lower levels, sure, but if youre talking about effectiveness of clear, the higher level you are, the more damage you do (duh) But yeah, its pretty dependant on being a decently high level just for the max stat scaling.

If anyone else sees some awesome builds, let us all know, i want to test everything i can. Im going to continue testing different stat builds and such and see what i come up with.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

thank you for your wonderful review
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

X-D X-D X-D

Please post screenshot of mass vog procs, Az.

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON @ egg. Druid is fun, even for min/maxers.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

LaughingCoyote wrote:X-D X-D X-D

Please post screenshot of mass vog procs, Az.

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON @ egg. Druid is fun, even for min/maxers.
So here we go, super scuffed video but heres footage of the insanity that is druids clear. In this video i have 84 druidry and polymorphism, 61 necromancy, and then 30 piety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZZhq0D ... e=youtu.be

Armory of the character i was using - http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=AzalynnXI&serv=A
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Here is another little snip of the hunt i did but this is shortly after the first clip. - https://youtu.be/xC704eSvLEg

After doing these and rewatching these in slowmo, im pretty sure your staff enchant is procing off of corpse explosion as well.

Youtube may had made it not work in your country due to me forgetting i had music on.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Azalynn wrote:Here is another little snip of the hunt i did but this is shortly after the first clip. - https://youtu.be/xC704eSvLEg

After doing these and rewatching these in slowmo, im pretty sure your staff enchant is procing off of corpse explosion as well.

Youtube may had made it not work in your country due to me forgetting i had music on.
Thanks Az, this is gold.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

druid's ents now scale a bit better, but their power level is capped
tink suggested giving them a roar like mirror images, which is a good idea, but I'm not able to add that in atm