Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by EmoMage »

i'm a little late this whole mage talk. but the only thing i see wrong with them is that i loved HOB because it could hit everything. VOG doesn't do shit against shadow warriors, but HOB was amazing. What about some sort of "VOG II" or something that ignores MR altogether (like XC). knock VOG back to level 5 or 6 spell, and bring it back to 5 bounces? (scale back so it doesn't do as much damage too), then VOG II (or whatever name) can act like HOB where it can hit anything ,level 8 spell (so it needs more mana to spam all the time, slightly slower cast speed, and can only bounce 4 times.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

SanJorge wrote:Physical (blunt,piercing,slashing) attacks wont hit mana shield maybe and hit direct HP, better for PVP .
Now ur talking :aus:
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

CinisterD wrote:
eggmceye wrote:yet some how the mana ball tank stance is more intriguing than simply a gift of more hp - how mechanically could "mawr hp" be done anyway without bumping everyone's hp? surely the vig thing could be tweaked such that it all balances out
Maybe during this "stance" you become immune to vigor?
Spell that gives intelligence-based bonus (with a cap) to HP (similar to dex bonus spell mages get)and constantly drains mana (think sunlight to a vampire's hp) disable vigour for this stance/spell. "Vitality"
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Mana shield shield "tank" could work even vs melee. If it functions exactly like tank then it will cut damage in half.
So:
1. Costs mana to cast mana shield er tank w/e
2. Cuts damage to mage in 1/2
3. Mage inflicts 1/2 damage spell or otherwise.
4. Damage is taken from mana.
5. Can be turned off (stance then??)
6. Loss of all mana shuts it off

If 1/2 damage is too puny then 1/3?

Essentially a mana fueled Tanking stance.

--------
Mentioned 1 handed wands/rods for mages. Good for fighter mages that want to block with shield.

Allow off hand wand/staff to affect casting (i believe only primary works effectively - test on troll off-hand if you think i am wrong)

Troll dual staff/wand gains double effects esp tints "IF" dofferent (ie vamp & addy, venom & barbed, etc)

Dispell magic spell to temporarily disable spells from mob or reduce their effectiveness (maybe a different name for spell).

Anti-magic shell. Can't move. Can't attack. Similar to mana shield except NO damage just soaks up damage reducing mana. Can down potions. Bandages.

Better strength summoned monsters. Similar to how undead are pretty strong for necro.

Increase effectiveness of EU (simalar to VEU Max)

Think on more later.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ranged wand that uses some sort of crystals like heretic/hexen damage? Not sure a 100% int is a good idea. Could be OP.

Also, if offhand stave/wand fuctions at optimum ability then rogues could had shortblades in primary hand to backstab or foil or w/e weapon.

Priest gets a holy might spell similar to EU.

Chain-spell attacks or combine spells.

Spell research to create spells like the elder scrolls.

Meteor swarm maybe for large aoe.

Death wind or lightning/energy wind.

Create/destroy walls of force.
ZUPS!!!!
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Tons of ideas with mana shield:

Technically speaking, Vas Yelm Rel isn't polymorph to dragon isn't it? The magic rune words literally mean something like Greater Matter/Substance Shift/form. VYR could be reworked as a mana shield defensive form or something.

Defense should be lowered when in this form, to reflect either that it's hard to concentrate on melee or that your physical armor no longer matters as much. [EDIT: Or like SanJorge said- Physical damage bypasses this completely and hits normal hp]

MR also shouldn't apply as much against spells that deal damage. Thematically, instead of resisting a spell, you're choosing to take the full brunt of it and negating it by burning away your own mana pool. However, status effect spells like paralyse should use your normal MR, since they target your willpower rather than go force against force.

This also means a mid level mage might not want to use this form when fighting dragons- sure you get extra 'hp', but now you lose your MR and take the full spell damage, since a mid leveled mage probably has enough MR for dragons. However, when running into a hybrid, or at later levels, it suddenly becomes a viable option.

So yeah, a mage now can deal with these high powered mobs, but that doesn't mean you can go all kick in the door style like fighters do - you don't want to get caught by a hybrid without your shields up. But wait, you're the lucky class that gets invis and greater invis anyways - shouldn't you be scouting?

I also like the idea of a mage throwing this up as emergency protection when close to death, which should give enough time to run or finish the fight. Hopefully this will mean mage/priest multiclass no longer is as important.

Oh, and in PVP, overeager mages really should try not to go after any higher level mages - IJO will utterly wreck you. It makes sense that this mana shield based form would be vulnerable to a spell that burns away mana.

Last thing - when using this form, there is no way to replenish your mana with anything. Casting spells will eat away at your mana, and therefore survivability, so that puts another limit on how long you can keep going. After reverting to normal, either by casting the spell a second time or mana reaching below 0, there's a 7 second cooldown like with potions. If your mana did reach 0, I hope you have good panic buttons/vigour/blue potions ready. To make it harder, you can also slow mages who expend their shield to reflect that they are exhausted from burning up their lifeforce casting spells and tanking damage.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Armoury page should show when a player last logged in. For nostalgia value.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

on new updates, can it not include the pics folder? the past 2 updates i've lost a few custom tiles i've put into the game. might just be an annoyance on my part, but nonetheless.

please?
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You don't keep a copy/back up folder called pics2 or pics backup(date)?

And/or upload to googledrive, dropbox, etc?
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

i do now, but it's still an annoyance that i have to go in and do it on ever update that runs a patch. it's not a lot, and i know it's just a simple copy and paste.. just annoying.
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah gotcha.

I don't think it resets auxbox... Or does it?
ZUPS!!!!
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

eggmceye wrote:nominate 3 things (that I agree with) that would help mages late game and I'll add them,
What about putting a cap on mob MR (except for special bosses like blood queen or phoenix)?

Also a nomination for a spell that does cold damage (maybe circle 7 or 8).
EmoMage wrote:on new updates, can it not include the pics folder? the past 2 updates i've lost a few custom tiles i've put into the game. might just be an annoyance on my part, but nonetheless.

please?
Perhaps the updater could just check which graphics set has the newest dates, so if the graphics were recently updated in the game then yours would be overwritten, but if the game graphics have an older date then you get to keep your custom graphics.
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Bugbo wrote:
eggmceye wrote:nominate 3 things (that I agree with) that would help mages late game and I'll add them,
What about putting a cap on mob MR (except for special bosses like blood queen or phoenix)?

Also a nomination for a spell that does cold damage (maybe circle 7 or 8).
Ice Wind as a spell players can cast would be incredibly powerful, probably too powerful to give mages. It would be awesome as a druid capstone though, since druids are in tune with nature and seasons. EUO druids are lacking in the "AOE nature blasts" department. I'm thinking HOB/Corpse Explosion/Black Lightning as Necro Capstone, XC/VOG/IJO/[something defensive] as Mage capstone spells, and Ice Wind/???/Polymorphs as Druid capstone.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Comet wrote: Ice Wind as a spell players can cast would be incredibly powerful, probably too powerful to give mages. It would be awesome as a druid capstone though, since druids are in tune with nature and seasons. EUO druids are lacking in the "AOE nature blasts" department. I'm thinking HOB/Corpse Explosion/Black Lightning as Necro Capstone, XC/VOG/IJO/[something defensive] as Mage capstone spells, and Ice Wind/???/Polymorphs as Druid capstone.
You're right about ice wind, maybe just a single target ice blast then?
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I think a MR cap in combination with improved MR cleave would be good.
Furthermore, I remember using 10k MR for mobs that are spawned within a script to prevent "banish". I have to check if ToLS is effected by this... Maybe there could be a special immunity against banish to lower MR otherwise there is a need in special cases for high MR.
If I am not mistaken most of the spawns for Defend the Keep can be banished (looking at the script), here an immunity would be good imo.
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

One thing I am wondering about with 10k MR is 1K mages on PD. MR cleave reduces MR down to 5k which is untouchable on reg but easy to a 1K mage on pd, and I'm worried that with extra survivability boost and better MR cleave 1K mages will be too strong. I don't think you should be able to charm, hex, or clone shadowlords, for instance. The main problem with current MR immunity rules is damage being completely negated, but I don't think people care as much about status effects like hex. I don't have a 1K mage on PD, so does anyone have experience on this issue?

Maybe MR cleave halves MR except when mob has 10k mr, in which case it drops it to 9999. No longer immune, but high enough to resist everything (though XC can now affect mob, and spells do 25% damage instead of 0%).

On the flip side, Mana burn does same damage vs normal/heroic/epic mobs, even though the latter have increased int. That seems like a bug, and I think it should be fixed because Mana burn is an awesome spell that should get more use.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

TBH, i never bother cloning shadow lords (maybe try heroic or epics if in a party but regulars...nah).

At 1k a few shadowlords aren't a huge problem. Smack smack mana cleave xc xc xc.

Problems occurs when shadow warriors cleave and bleed ya while fighting shadow lords.

Hell, i just clone my pet if need be. Does give pause for thought like trying a pet with clone while fighting and mana cleaving a shadow lord. But clones disappear quickly.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Add pet avatar scrolls to the cash shoppe. I've always wanted to have a werewolf that casts VOG.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Onyxt wrote:Add pet avatar scrolls to the cash shoppe. I've always wanted to have a werewolf that casts VOG.
that's one way of fixing boring pets
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

re the 10k MR thing:

The suggestion to cap a scaled mob's mr to 10k is probably the best. So an epic shadowlord, which starts with 10k mr before being scaled 5x, stays at 10k mr - and thus can be cleaved. pretty easy to poke that in here and there and should help out a lot.

I think that is the first/easiset thing to do - and we can see where to go from there.