Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Kynt
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by Kynt »

or do it a la diablo with paragon levels post 1000, aka a different variable altogether.
CumfartPrincess
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by CumfartPrincess »

While talking about how I accidentally deconned a veno yew longbow and couldn't use the tinted mythic mat, Cin had a pretty neat idea. Using tinted mythic materials to craft tint wands. We could buy the blueprint in the crystal coin shoppe and use multiple GM skills to craft them like mythicing or transmuting an item.

puts tint wands into circulation within reason and simultaneously creates another item sink.
Aliens have been watching over our existence for longer than we can even comprehend. All for one reason. To eat ass.
-Sparcmac
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

Fighter class specialization (subclass) :

1st Fighter weapons are based 90/10 str / dex , then you can go to NPC Greyson in Cammerata Keep after you have done all his quests he should ask you if you want to specialize your class . You can choose yes or no , with no you just continue 90/10 fighter and with yes you become Fighter Kensei base is then 75/25 str/dex (same weapons 2 builds, is this hard to make?) , it adds Ox Guard stance wich uses increased critical chance 10% and a counter attack every successfull melee dodge (but it uses 15% rage). No berserk-stance for Kensei.

Maybe another sub classes can be added this way.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

make sigils dip-abled? lotl would love this........jussayin
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

It would be interesting if some NPCs had some other utility. I'm still not sold on this 75/25 over 90/10 thing. Sure, i have alts of odd stats but they'd be odd stats probably in the long run anyway since i don't min/max every alt. if i did min/max then i would probably have 5-6 remorted alts only.

.... Well maybe. Crap, i've been playing old sega gen rom of lunar silver star with 1 dude using bare hands (sadly won't let you progress ofc 1st part but i'm like lvl 45 punching zombies in the nude. )
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Open up dual classing to all races. Remove classes from humans all together and let them be set up more like NG for classes. Let them pick up to 400% or whatever in class skills and then use the verse shrine to increase it further.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Estorraths bum bag / fanny pack
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

eggmceye wrote:Estorraths bum bag / fanny pack
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Then he will get accosted whilst on the bus and a movie will be made about him... maybe two movies. (I'd reference this irl incident and the movies but more fun to google about old man going rock balboa on some saps as while defending a ladys honor.... All while on the bus).
ZUPS!!!!
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

since no one really PVP's anymore, can mages go back to being able to use shields? i remember something about pvp being the reason to nerfing that for some reason..
eggmceye wrote:

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I don't think that was the reason and also mages are the reason why all those pretty orbs and shit exist
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

that's true, but non of them are as pretty MR as a sentri. haha
eggmceye wrote:

EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

new BR item; BR Magic Magnifying Glass. can and will ID anything and still give skill to item lore, but won't break.
eggmceye wrote:

DUTCHMAN
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by DUTCHMAN »

beating that semi dead horse time.

MAGES DO ABSOLUTELY NEED A BUFF.

Couple of examples and my own logic behind it.

EVERY level 500 class can make it a good amount into heroic COS (which after 350 becomes the spot that gives anyone the best XP, minus the small blood queen map).

Every Level 500 MINUS Pure uncut mages. They have low hp, virtual no physical attack armor, and even with their high MR, it may block some or a lot of damage but that small amount of HP given to them does not help their survival chances at all. Their attacks also do not help them, cause confuse can be extremely useful....if it works....and so does sleep and XC....if sleep works and you don't die to quick from what 500-700 hp that mages get at level 500, especially when everything is doing 200-300 in one hit....but Sleep and XC combo does not work in a party situation when everyone is focused on one mob.

Now some may say "this is a community game Dutchman we should rely on the community, If a player cant beat something Call upon the vast hordes of players playing all the time."

This is a community game and the community has spoken out about the HUGE unfair disadvantage that mages have. Tonight on the discord channel 2 players who have been playing for approximately 9 years and 12 years respectively, (players who have put years, and offered any help they could when ever you have needed it.) spoke up and it seemed like their opinions are going unheard. Idk if this post will be outta line or whatever but this is how I felt about tonight.

Speaking of community, You cant really call upon anyone when normal 1-4 people are playing and most of them are afk or level 40. As I'm writing this EMOMAGE is the only player on reg. Also with the community it doesn't help when your operating on a system with horrible lagging problems, basically there are some players (who are mages) that cant party with other people which puts them at a horrible horrible disadvantage to playing the game and actually progressing through the levels.

Its time, Its time to end this under-powered mage era. I think because we are all ADULTS here we can come to a rational and clear headed way to better mages.

So I call upon you great EGG of the skies. I want you to take a level 500 mage character, ask someone for their stats, and see how far you get into heroic cos before you die. I bet dollar to doughnuts that Me at level 350ish as a priest can make it farther, and if I'm really bold, I will say that that priest can make it tremendously farther than a character 150 levels higher than me.

I have never played a mage, I have no idea how they operate, I am not the answer for the problems. I am telling you there is ABSOLUTELY A PROBLEM WITH MAGES, I have tanked for so many people, and all mages suck. (not the players...mostly, it is the under powered aspect that makes them suck). You have an entire community that can help bring mages back to equal footing. Please listen to us and help us make mages great aga.......nope.....nvm..im American :-D

P.s. I am not a writer and are not gudz with grammar so I apologize if it all seem chaotic
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

I noticed some problems with my Fighter specialization idea, cause no need to change the 90/10 str/dex stat base , it can be done with stance alone .

updated Kensei subclass:

- no Berserk stance
- you get the Alber stance

in Alber stance:
- gets 1 AS/dmg for every 20 dex
- 20% counter attack chance for every dodge , counter has high critical chance.
- needs a fighter weapon equipped
edit: - no shield in stance allowed , you wont dodge anyway

Advantage : better dualclassing with Rogue , maybe good with enchant or aspect wich triggers with counters.
Disadvantage : no tanking like regular fighters, shield would reduce counter chance . no berserker.

new Knight class:

that is a bit different , you get 3 or more armor items of same tint some (5% per item)of your def will be added to a resistance.

- gold for cold
- silver for vampiric
- copper for electric
- blackrock for clone
- adamantium for sleep

- 5% more def on a horse
edit: - 5% less walking speed (get a horse)

no berserk stance , i fear it will be OP together.
Last edited by SanJorge on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I would ho more classic mythology:

Sun:gold:fire
Moon:cold:silver
copper is fine
Death:bone:vampyric
Void:blackrock:absorb magic dmg

I can't think of an awKening tint vs sleep or purification vs poison(guess venomous to block venom as corny as that be.

Knights should gain a bonus vs dragons (classic mythology right there)
A similar abity like stoneform but only vs spells (can't move but could attack at 1/2 rate).(must be in full heavy armour and kite or greater shield)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote: Sun:gold:fire
Moon:cold:silver
copper:shocking
Death:bone:vampyric
Void:shadow:blackrock
dunno about the rest of it but these words look interesting
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

-Ok so I think I may have a solution for the blessed maces/thunderclap/wallop issue: with more and more consideration being given to opening up dual classing to all races, how about allowing some cross-class weapon specials if you have the requisite % in both the equipped weapon skill and the special attack weapon skill, i.e. 90% blessed maces for your equipped blessed mace and 90% maces for thunderclap. This could extend to allowing, possibly, disarm with longswords, charge with blessed maces/foils, flurry with foils/shortswords, slice n dice with longswords/axes.

-Also, still haven't seen anything that's wowed egg as far as a new racial bonus for humans to replace dual classing if that's allowed for all races. Possibly the extra 25% to class cap so they don't have to spend as many levels at versatility? The XP difference between humans and other races should be scrapped, IMO, or replaced if you hit lvl 500 with a human. Maybe add another 25% class cap (150% class cap for humans with 200% max from versatility shrine). Honestly I hope this leads to all the Maeondir shrines being opened up for all races.

-And yeah a food that increases skill gain would be nice
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Mackey wrote:-And yeah a food that increases skill gain would be nice
yaasssss
eggmceye wrote:

LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

I think its because mage spells dont scale that well at that end - without a MR breaking spell like HoB its really difficult to be pure mage. XC is too slow to dps well against high heroic+ level mobs.

On the other hand if you are willing to invest 50 levels in HP mages arent that squishy. It sucks, but even on my necro 50 levels of HP meant a huge amount of survivability.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D