race lore, history, etc

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

race lore, history, etc

Post by Keighn »

Was this one of the inspirations for the blood mages? Shadow Mage?

Blood Mage?

Blood Warrior?

Shadow Mage

Shadow Warrior

Blood Lord

Shadow Lord (obvsiously)
eggmceye
hello

Re: maeondir: monsters

Post by eggmceye »

It's funny you posted those as I've been enquiring myself as to WTF shadowfolk are (and next is bloodkin).

Technically in terms of development history, it goes like this:
i) I put in shadowlord, straight outta you know what
ii) shadow orcs make an appearance (extell)
iii) extell makes shadowmages and shadowwarriors, explicitly to test mage and warrior players
iv) tyler makes all the rest of the blood & shadow mobs
v) heikki suggets shadowfolk as a playable race viewtopic.php?p=60018#p60018
vi) after chats with tyler elves get shitcanned and shadowfolk and bloodkin become what would have been the dark and high elves, or something like that

Anyway I've started a shadowfolk 'pinterest' (putting it to good use other than for weddings and girly stuff)
http://pinterest.com/eggmceye/shadowfolk/

And as a really quick history of shadowfolk I'm working with:

Code: Select all

Shadowfolk are the descendants of dark elves that are refugees from another plane ... they came to new sosaria via a double phase anomoly ...
and you could change the technical history of shadow-everything into an actual lore-history - thus everything is decendant from shadowlords - or somehow combine the two.

I think this is a good bloodlord
Keighn wrote: Image
eggmceye
hello

Re: maeondir: monsters

Post by eggmceye »

bloodkin pinterest if anyone's interested
http://pinterest.com/eggmceye/bloodkin/
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Re: race lore, history, etc

Post by MoonGoat »

Are you playing Magic, Keighn? Thinking of the 1st and 3rd picture, Chandra and Arcanis.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

MoonGoat wrote:Are you playing Magic, Keighn? Thinking of the 1st and 3rd picture, Chandra and Arcanis.
I knew I saw that 3rd one somewhere before XD
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Me playing magic? No, I've knows some people that have spent a pretty penny on that card game. I do own one of 2008 or 07 books that details all the cards though. I just happened upon that picture on another forum I peruse. Now pintrest looks quite interesting.... far better than face book.

I need to reread everything available on just these two "races" or creations. Perhaps put some of my writing skills to use instead of helping my sister-in-law with her college english course. There have been some rather interesting pages on writing that might refresh my skills. I'd hate to write something that just doesn't fit though. Time to hit up Barnes and Nobles and purchase a dictionary and a thesaurus, I simple feel naked without physical books; that and I just don't like the ones available on the internet or writing programs.

Off the top of my head the listing of Shadow/Blood:

Shadowfolk (male/female varieties)
Shadow Orc (related?)
Shadow Warrior
Shadow Mage
Shadow Lord
Shadow Imp
Shadow Demon
Shadow Dragon
Shadow Prince * (Anathema)
Shadow Boss (guy in Deja Vu)*
Shadow Thief (Shadow Warrior Named Imotep)

Blood Warrior
Blood Mage
Blood Lord
Blood Hydra
Blood Drake
Blood Dragon
Blood Wyvern
The Blood Queen* (Blood Lands)

*Represent Unique Individual

I honestly thought I read each book in the game (circa 2011) and typed them out onto notepad. I guess I was mistaken. I'll have to redo this so I can reenlighten myself with the current lore. I may have to talk to every NPC again as well. If only I did this the first time, although the game has evolved so that might have been a moot action.
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

yea some of those pictures are from MtG... old times, very old :)
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Off the top of what limited knowledge I have of the game:

Small wells of shadow reveal themselves to the Orcs. Not understanding these peculiar breaks in reality some orcs are tainted with the shadow essence.

Shadow Lord in Dark Domain (now the upper part has a town and the Monastery.

Shadow Mages and Shadow Warriors in the Valley of the Trolls with Mages guarding the secret of the Phoenix (A mage working on creating an army of golems may have inadvertantly released the shadows into the known world). (Raiden & Destroyer explored here finding no trace or way into the hidden chamber of fire)

Deep in Drachentrog and in the abyss many Shadow Warriors and Mages dwell. There may have been lords there as well.

Brotherhood of the Night (BoN) has a secret prison of shadow or a void hidden from the known world (Raiden and Destroyer explored there)

Deja Vu in its weird parallel dimensions also has an outpost of Shadows including (Shadow Boss?) I ca't recall its name.

City of Shadows Seems to be a permanent Underground fortification in which all manner of Shadow Beings, hellspawn, and dragons exist. It is my believe the Shadows overlord over the hellspawn and dragons using them as slaves and grunts.

(I want to say mysteries of the Huge Crab suddenly appear and terrorize coastlines everywhere)

M.I.B. Detonates creating a rift on the planets surface sucking much of the land into a void. Speculations to the Madness of Destroyer and his "demise" eventually disappear.

Rumours of Estorrath and his experimentations seem to have come to either fruition or disastrous results. Strange Phase Beasts appear opening up pseudo realms into the shadowy void.

The Blood Lands are discovered and the nightmare begins.

Further exploration of the blood lands has revealed many mysteries including an empty lair.

The Awakening of the Blood Queen terrorize the World. This awakening has brought forth other other nightmarish beasts viying for power. Such beasing include:T
he ruler of the Seas "Kracken."
Lord of all dragons or the beast of chaos seeking to cause the Apocalypse "The Inferno Dragon."
The essence crawls from the bowls of the underworld "The Evil Slime."
Perhaps the greater creation of the evil mage "The Giant golem."
That which cannot be seen "The Invisible Stalker."
An uprising of the gargantuan giants and their master the "Minotaur Lord."
An avatar of Bovindus "Super Cow."

Further exploration has revealed that Phase Beasts can enter into the anomalies. The furthest recorded depth is 4-5 anomalies inside of anomalies. Some wonder if further breaching into anomalies could pull all of the Known World into the Realms of Shadow.

Parallel Dimensions known as Instances begin to develope. Some believe these beings are infused with both blood and shadow. It is unknown if shadow is trying to rule blood or vis versa.

Other Elements somewhere in the timeline:
Calling of the Shadow Lords and the mysteries of the Quest for the Gem of Virtue (some shards of individual virtues still exist)
The shrines - the stones ...
Maeondir found to exist again this time in its true form.
Ancient Jungle found in Maeondir
Tower of golems and the Wizard constructing them.
Lord Brownthorne found to exist and no one knows of his plans while he waits for the right time (speculation he summoned the blood being)
Half-beings found Shadow Folk and Bloodkin. Not all are evil
Lair of the Phoenix is discovered.
Lair of the Doppleganger is discovered.
New lair of the Dragons discovered.... small outpost of Shadow is here. The being in command is known as the "Shadow Prince."

I'm sure there are many things which I have neglected. Before the book competition I really should have investigated each area and took notes like I do most rpgs. Ah, the grinding became addictive and I lost site for further developing.

I'd encourage everyone who plays esp the veterans to contribute something. The best outline is probably the Updates page. Couple that with the descriptions of areas in the game and NPCs and there's a lot of meat that could be added to the game.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote:Off the top of what limited knowledge I have of the game:

Small wells of shadow reveal themselves to the Orcs. Not understanding these peculiar breaks in reality some orcs are tainted with the shadow essence.

Shadow Lord in Dark Domain (now the upper part has a town and the Monastery).

Shadow Mages and Shadow Warriors in the Valley of the Trolls with Mages guarding the secret of the Phoenix (A mage working on creating an army of golems may have inadvertantly released the shadows into the known world). (Raiden & Destroyer explored here finding no trace or way into the hidden chamber of fire)

Deep in Drachentrog and in the abyss many Shadow Warriors and Mages dwell. There may have been lords there as well.

Brotherhood of the Night (BoN) has a secret prison of shadow or a void hidden from the known world (Raiden and Destroyer explored there)

Deja Vu in its weird parallel dimensions also has an outpost of Shadows including (Shadow Boss?) I ca't recall its name.

City of Shadows Seems to be a permanent Underground fortification in which all manner of Shadow Beings, hellspawn, and dragons exist. It is my believe the Shadows overlord over the hellspawn and dragons using them as slaves and grunts.

Rumours of Estorrath and his experimentations seem to have come to either fruition or disastrous results. Strange Phase Beasts appear opening up pseudo realms into the shadowy void.

The Blood Lands are discovered and the nightmare begins.

Further exploration of the blood lands has revealed many mysteries including an empty lair.

The Awakening of the Blood Queen terrorize the World. This awakening has brought forth other other nightmarish beasts viying for power.

Further exploration has revealed that Phase Beasts can enter into the anomalies. The furthest recorded depth is 4-5 anomalies inside of anomalies. Some wonder if further breaching into anomalies could pull all of the Known World into the Realms of Shadow.

Parallel Dimensions known as Instances begin to develope. Some believe these beings are infused with both blood and shadow. It is unknown if shadow is trying to rule blood or vis versa.

Other Elements somewhere in the timeline:
Calling of the Shadow Lords and the mysteries of the Quest for the Gem of Virtue (some shards of individual virtues still exist)
Half-beings found Shadow Folk and Bloodkin. Not all are evil
New lair of the Dragons discovered.... small outpost of Shadow is here. The being in command is known as the "Shadow Prince."
In the above quote I delete a few lines but otherwise is a pretty good fictionalisation of in game develpments.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

To actually write it up in a fluid story/history is what will take time. This is where my writer's block hits as I over criticize my writing. I honestly wish more people would read the forums and brainstorm some of their creativity. Reading others ideas inspires others likes a virus or something IMHO.

My version of a timeline is off. Going through the updates will be daunting.

Note to sellf - must still read the current books in game (write them to notepad)
Write down all the monsters in each dungeon (probably use alpha for ease)
Talk to all NPCs, note locations, quests(mostly done from 2010-11), age, sex, job, avatar type, (merchant y/n)

Some further Shadow pics this one might be a good shadow warrior although its from a game Sacred 2 (technically its shadow boss)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

bumping a good thread

I have my bi-annual bug-in-ass about lore again, and I did a title search for 'lore' and this came up

also don't forget http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Co ... ew_Sosaria
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

I am really interested about Apoc New Sosaria.
As there is now shadow and blood races (Which I feel really unique). Maybe there is "green race" something like "Radiation Birth" that lives in Apoc New Sosaria?
"Rad Births" might have own powers (Mutations?) maybe even psionic powers?

Example crappy ideas:
* Jack of all trades --> Can use fighter weapons, have some rogue skills also have limited priest and mage spell lists?
* Have different mutations that can player can buy as special skills? (Like: Thick Head -> +10% str -10% int..... OR Tentacles --> Randomly cast AEP on melee)... Just fast examples.
* Are master of buffs / debuffs?
* Can wear exotic items like "Radiation rifles" :shock:
* Looks like shadowfolk and bloodkin but green
Last edited by Heikki on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Please for the love of everything holy make a map named "the nightmare" and make it super difficult with ALL hyrbrids and 2x2s. Good lord please.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

eggmceye wrote:bumping a good thread

I have my bi-annual bug-in-ass about lore again, and I did a title search for 'lore' and this came up

also don't forget http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Co ... ew_Sosaria
I would love to see a bit more lore from Brownthorne and Farimond. Perspectives from each of them. Brownthorne has a quote about how rude Farimond is and how he's imposing on his own lands and chopping down the "peaceful" treants. I'd like to see entirely how Brownthorne sees Maeondir and then how the Farimonds see it.

I'd love to help with some flavor and lore for many of the portions of that history page that are blank. The only concern I have is stepping on toes where there were already half-ideas about backgrounds for specific characters that weren't laid out on that page. I don't want to suggest a background story that completely counters one that was already existing, just not publicly shown.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I've had the idea of maybe making a new dischord channel just for lore. The prob with that is it can get lost, so I guess posting here is best. It won't get deleted here.

As for toes being stepped on, there aren't really any ... It's about working with what is in the game (ie books, npcs, places), and in my novel which I hereby declare canon. If you write something good then I will assume it's ok to be used. How it gets used is a mystery, but updating that complete history page is a start. Note that it is locked, so you'll just have to post it here so I can edit it.

The way keign wrote each ingame development as a one-liner as lore-flavour is really good.

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

would anyone object to me renaming shadowfolk (the playable race) to dark elves ? since they are basically drow from DnD arrived to EUO via double phase anomaly might as well just call them dark elves. But they aren't related at all to the other shadow mobs, eg shadowlords & shadow warriors etc! So a rename would help with the lore.

I kind of want to rename bloodkin as well, but their lore is finally settled and they can rest in parallel to all other blood mobs.

Once upon a time in (to be Apoc) New Sosaria there was a bunch of really stoned eldar druids that summoned a meteor that landed smackbang in the middle of the bloodmoss infested Bloody Plains, and what life on that continent (ie future apoc new sosaria) that didn’t get obliterated became tainted forever by the lingering, irradiated red mist that was dispersed widely. The impact was so terrible the land became barren, apocalyptic even, and the eldar became crimson skinned, indeed the colour of bloodmoss, and so became known as the bloodkin of Apocalyptic New Sosaria. Many other creatures became crimson skinned and extremely aggressive and dangerous, such as once harmless Apocapheorean drake.

In the meantime the God of Blood created the blood lords (along with their mages & warriors) who managed to wrangle all of the now bloodmoss-tainted ie bloodscourged dragons, drakes & hydras into their sphere of control, except of course the so called bloodkin, for being descendant from eldar (space elves) they were too clever by half and pure of heart to be corrupted further by any stupid crimson god of blood, or whatever.

euodopesmoker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Eldar are a nifty name. Are shadow orcs tainted from the shadow lords/spawn? I won't object to anything really but I do love unique names instead of canon dark elves from various rpgs. Dark Eldar, Night Eldar, Eldarkin. We have dwarves so if elves come in it doesn't change much imho. Even old book or map entries are fine since the common folk would be a tad prejudiced into thinking "shadowfolk" are related to the evil "shadows" rather than being a space race. Makes me wonder if sharkface was engineered by a one of these aliens.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yes I love eldar, it's actually tolkien but of course warhammer use it for their space elves, which is a literal interpretation of tolkien
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundering ... lves#Eldar

re shadow orcs: I think would be tainted by the 'shadow god'

shadowkin, ie the playable race, aren't tainted by shadow as such so that's why i want to lose the word shadow. I don't love elves perse but have always liked drow. So they could be renamed to anything like drow, dark elves, night elves, night eldar, dark eldar, etc. The lore about euo's shadowkin being refugee drow from DnD arrived via double phase anomaly is one of my few good ideas
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ah yeah, the phase within a phase. (what's the record 4-5 deep)?
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

there is more lore in this elder scrolls meme's butthole than there ever could be in euo LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

(right click, open in new tab, or save, etc - it's probably cropped here)
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueSTL/commen ... ot_reveal/