FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Kracky wrote:Okay just got into a discussion on glass/crystal coins dropping in game and NOT from the scavenger / statue hunts.

I have 49 crystal coins on my PD/LOTL alt now. I know there is almost no way I have done anywhere near the hunts for all these coins.

So question is this :

Do glass or crystal coins drop from things other then the kraken/crab ? They kinda must since I would never risk going after those things on my PD/LOTL alt. Someone know whats going on ?

Was there something added/changed for lotl alts because scav hunt was very difficult doing when living off the land ??

NOTE : The alt all these coins are on is so old its possible I did a wacky amount of statue hunts in case I wanted or needed crystal coins. Egg said the drops for the glass/crystal coins is very specific , and I doubt he is wrong , so meh my error I guess.

I appeared to have got a crystal coin from a a normal daemon in the Abyss. Has anyone figured out what actually causes a drop? Is it purely random? I find scavenger hunts very annoying. :(
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's a bug: and I haven't worked out why - it's so rare and kinda useful it's not worth fixing
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

I noticed that I had in one of my chests a Vampyric Log + 1, but was unable to actually craft anything out of it. I used an ordinary pocket knife (I believe I remember the tinted ones no longer do anything?) and even dug around to find an old vampyric pocket knife, which didn't work either.

Are you not able to craft vampyric weapons or armor? Can you still deconstruct vampyric gear?
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

nope, haven't been able to craft vamp for maybe 10 years?
and that log would be pretty collectible

if you can't craft it you can't decon it (I think, because a crafting recipe needs to exist to decon) - just try it and see
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Its usually a drop from a boss mob. There are times a boss doesn't appear to drop an item (instead a coin goes into inventory). Not sure if they are also from bosses with no name also (some alts kill so much stuff in 1 hit or en masse its hard to tell).

Maybe i am wrong but thats how i saw it.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Zilverlight wrote:I noticed that I had in one of my chests a Vampyric Log + 1, but was unable to actually craft anything out of it. I used an ordinary pocket knife (I believe I remember the tinted ones no longer do anything?) and even dug around to find an old vampyric pocket knife, which didn't work either.

Are you not able to craft vampyric weapons or armor? Can you still deconstruct vampyric gear?
You could make vampyric and venomous shields with them logs back in the day. I still have a vampyric buckler in my house.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

I've been fiddling around with the avatars from the btiles, and noticed that every time I change something and save over the file, every avatar on that page starts to show the pink background ingame. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or what's causing it. Anyone know how to fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

You messed up transparency.
Just download a new client and replace the graphics files with fresh ones.
Make a copy of the tiles before making changes.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Tink wrote:You messed up transparency.
Just download a new client and replace the graphics files with fresh ones.
Make a copy of the tiles before making changes.
That's just it though. When I put the original back, it's transparent again. I name the file exactly the same as the original and I only alter the tiles in a single sprite grouping. What makes the pink transparent?
Tink

Post by Tink »

Are you using paint?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

the pink needs to be exactly 0xff,0,0xff or 255,0,255
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Tink wrote:Are you using paint?
Yes
eggmceye wrote:the pink needs to be exactly 0xff,0,0xff or 255,0,255
Used the "color picker" tool that lets me copy a color from the page. It says the pink is exactly 255,0,255.
File name exactly "btiles24"
File type: PNG file
Dimensions: 272x272

I wonder if it's because MSPaint does something funky to the saved file, even though they are all PNG Files.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Theres usually a message that states you'll lose transparency or something if you save a file that exhibits it.

Use something like GIMP that should solve the issue.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

i don't think you have to worry about transparancy perse (ie the alpha channel or whatevs) - pink has to be 255,0,255 and euo handles the transparency from there
I strongly suspect paint is fucking it up
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

eggmceye wrote:I strongly suspect paint is fucking it up
Yeah, I'm just gonna stay away from it LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. I made what I wanted to make anyways and tested it out.

I appreciate the help anyways! Now to just figure out this maped part a little better. :D
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Alright, i hate myself. I litearlly have been running around for over 2 hours trying to remember where the circle 8 necromancer spell is. Can anyone atleast give me a hint? :roll:
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Azalynn wrote:Alright, i hate myself. I litearlly have been running around for over 2 hours trying to remember where the circle 8 necromancer spell is. Can anyone atleast give me a hint? :roll:
You haven't checked the Monastery/The Domain? You have to kill a certain little someone there.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

LaughingCoyote wrote:
Azalynn wrote:Alright, i hate myself. I litearlly have been running around for over 2 hours trying to remember where the circle 8 necromancer spell is. Can anyone atleast give me a hint? :roll:
You haven't checked the Monastery/The Domain? You have to kill a certain little someone there.
Wasnt the place but i got it haha
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

As an LotL character, can you drop an item for a non LotL character to pick up? Just found an addy mach +9 on my mage thats lotl which i would love to have on my rogue. :?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Azalynn wrote:As an LotL character, can you drop an item for a non LotL character to pick up? Just found an addy mach +9 on my mage thats lotl which i would love to have on my rogue. :?
Pretty sure you can, but it makes it so the LoTL cant pick it back up.