misc updates thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: misc updates thread

Post by eggmceye »

* weekly: fixed vampire conversion, re-enabled vamp statues spawning. Added descriptions to the vamp abilities.
* weekly: fixed corpses not dropping more often as intended, petrification wand has chance to not break.
* Wands in dead trees more common.
* weekly ladders bosses get truesight.
* fixed weekly water spawners
* spew spider has 4 different sprays as its only abilities
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Awesome!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh vamp is cool and there is an unintended buff where the batform works in dungeon (it's a mount) so it's pretty fast and you're flying all the time
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

a new EUO machinima

MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Nice! Where can I find part 1?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Cool! I haven't read that one in a long time and it's pretty sweet seeing the vid.
Djanno :smoke:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

MoonGoat wrote:Nice! Where can I find part 1?
doubt there will be a video made for that, part2 is more amusing
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

eggmceye wrote:
MoonGoat wrote:Nice! Where can I find part 1?
doubt there will be a video made for that, part2 is more amusing
Ok, cool video anyways
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

I've noticed the monks aspects don't do stat-based damage, will this change?
Also quests on armoury don't show total completed.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

OMG. Tint merchant on reg. How do we get "diamond coins"?
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

moa 1.3.28
mostly druids, however, the following changes are not druid related:

* polymorph no long unequips weapon & shield
* x key now unpolymorphs (unmount unchanged)
* statbox now shows theoretical damage: format is xdy +bonus +statdmg (but none of this includes the scaling up/down due to weapon speed)
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Awesome change, I can use VYR in combat now :) . Though having AS set to 35 hurts.

I noticed a bug in the first couple minutes of playing: all weapons seem to hit at the same speed when in Dragon Form (VYR), and rage gain uses the original weapon speed. Hilarious/broken with a great maul or musket.

EDIT: Pretty awesome with dual wield machetes too.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

hmm yeh poly attack speed is fixed, so I guess having a slow wep equipped and then polymorphing is an interesting oversight
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

eggmceye wrote:moa 1.3.28
* statbox now shows theoretical damage: format is xdy +bonus +statdmg (but none of this includes the scaling up/down due to weapon speed)
I would like to see "Theoretical DPS" because this is the thing that matters. Even better if it counts average damage for weapon enchants like VOG and VAM. Will this be hard to implement?

Also about DPS counter:
I love it exits but not sure how it counts damage now.... Maybe it should: Reset when player enters new map and count (damage/"time spend on map"). Also "time spend on map" should stop if player stars to IDLE like second or more. (I bet this will be hard to make.. but would be pro)
Anyways it may work eight way.. I just don't get it.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Heikki wrote:
eggmceye wrote:moa 1.3.28
I would like to see "Theoretical DPS" because this is the thing that matters. Even better if it counts average damage for weapon enchants like VOG and VAM. Will this be hard to implement?

Also about DPS counter:
I love it exits but not sure how it counts damage now.... Maybe it should: Reset when player enters new map and count (damage/"time spend on map"). Also "time spend on map" should stop if player stars to IDLE like second or more. (I bet this will be hard to make.. but would be pro)
Anyways it may work eight way.. I just don't get it.
I will forever be into dps meters and being able to see dps in every game i will ever play. It would make weapon testing so much easier.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh ofc dps is the thing you need, however, it's pretty tricky to get right
the current one examines damage reported back from the server to the client but I woudln't be surprised if it was missing some

a better way might be if the server counts dps for every player and just reports the dps figure back to each client ... I'll think about it because this is the spergy stuff I like working on rather than classes and maps

and the raft: I'll do a map audit and see what's viable for allowing rafts/floating/flying in dungeons
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

eggmceye wrote:yeh ofc dps is the thing you need, however, it's pretty tricky to get right
the current one examines damage reported back from the server to the client but I woudln't be surprised if it was missing some

a better way might be if the server counts dps for every player and just reports the dps figure back to each client ... I'll think about it because this is the spergy stuff I like working on rather than classes and maps

and the raft: I'll do a map audit and see what's viable for allowing rafts/floating/flying in dungeons
Yeh... But "Theoretical DPS" might need only client side coding? As:
Heikki wrote:I would like to see "Theoretical DPS" because this is the thing that matters. Even better if it counts average damage for weapon enchants like VOG and VAM. Will this be hard to implement?
I think this would be enough for most ppl.

But. If it is tricky. Make something important / interesting :) This is just spergy stuff for number hoards.. Can live without :)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I wrote an Auxbox script once (Chedich most likey helped me out with it) that calculated theoretical dps and other stuff based on your stats and gear. Sadly I never finished it and it is probably outdated by now.
comparison.png
To be precise, it calculated your stats based on your gear compared to other weapons or armour highlighted in your inventory or merchant.

Update: Link to the auxbox script.
P.S.: I cannot believe I haven't played for 3 to 4 years now....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

LordMortiferus wrote:I wrote an Auxbox script once (Chedich most likey helped me out with it) that calculated theoretical dps and other stuff based on your stats and gear. Sadly I never finished it and it is probably outdated by now.
comparison.png
To be precise, it calculated your stats based on your gear compared to other weapons or armour highlighted in your inventory or merchant.

Update: Link to the auxbox script.
P.S.: I cannot believe I haven't played for 3 to 4 years now....
This is brilliant. :geek:
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

LordMortiferus wrote:P.S.: I cannot believe I haven't played for 3 to 4 years now....
Join the dark side. We've got cookies. :twisted: :twisted:
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)