Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Ideas Thread 2018

Post by Comet »

Some endgame changes for Mages:

-MR should be rescaled for heroic/epic/2x2 mobs. As it stands, some mobs can reach 20k+ MR, and even 30k MR, making them completely immune to anything mages can throw at them, even with MR cleave. Maybe even make 10k MR the hard limit.

-MR cleave should at the very least be dropped to 50 rage. You have to build 100 rage, just for a tiny few second window to even hit properly, when most of the aforementioned creatures can drop you in one or two hits.

-Mages need more ways around MR immunity. As it stands, the only offensive spell unaffected by MR is IVPY, which doesn't affect flying creatures. Compare that with necros, whose HOB bypasses MR, and whose Acid Wind spell drops mr by 30% (0 rage req, multitarget, and lasts longer than MR cleave).

-Probably something to help survivability (but that's true with all low str builds). Maybe update magery? Lots of the summoning spells have become obsolete. It would be cool for a mage to rely on summons for defense, though how that would work I'm not sure.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Ideas Thread 2017

Post by Rumper »

10k MR is the hard limit :p
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Some of them epic mobs can almost 1shot a tanked hp tank so a mage is going to pop easier than a zit.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Ya! Epic Balrons at 2200+ damage a hit is nothing to joke at :p
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

1) Increasing player base ideas:
Announce weekend server bonus on the armoury page.

"EUO Armoury

Current server time: Thu Jan 4 23:54:01 GMT 2018
Next weekend bonus is 2x XP on Reg starting on Sat Jan 6 00:00:00 GMT 2018"

Encourage older players to come back:
Schedule DM events. Possibly every fifth weekend? 3-4 times a year. Again, announce ahead of time on armoury page.

Advertise on twitter/facebook accounts - could be automated like PD deaths :D

This would a) make it easier for old players to share on social media and remind friends to play again. b) older players who would come back to play for DM events would be more likely to start playing again. c) Announcing events ahead of time would encourage current players to plan play ahead of time.

2) Encourage interesting player housing:
a) Increase the range of tiles available for purchase at IKEA/Dryden shop. We are missing:
Stained glass windows
Blocked dungeon entrance tile
Crenelated wall tiles
ladder tiles
Light house/town/ruin/castle/dungeon/mine tiles
Ship tiles
Stocks I am blind, thanks Sephiroth.
Signs
Shrines
Roast spit tiles.

b) Lower the addy coin unit price for terrain tiles - mountain tiles are prohibitively expensive - all the other terrain tiles are 2-5 coins instead of 15-20.

3) Encourage more addy/cash purchases:
Rotate Weekly PD server reward so its not always 50 addy coins. 1 diamond coin, 10 crystal coins, randomly generated novelty items etc. Would fit quest line (instead of hearthstone in the box its a glass egg of NV+1 which Lord Eggleton chucks at you).
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Ruez and I have been thinking on your first part all day at work haha! We stumbled upon the reddit page, which was quite empty, and I checked out the Twitter page too. We were trying to think of ways to get more people to play the game.

Ruez and I will be trying to put together some scheduled dungeon hunting this weekend for the 2x XP weekend. I'll be posting about it later tonight once I get home.

Glad to see you're thinking about this too LC. I love the ideas. Keep them coming!

Edit* this is link to one post on reddit I had found. I don't know who posted this but I was really happy to stumble upon it!
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comment ... it-android
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

To add on to LCs post, I think experience from all mobs should be boosted by 50% or more across the board. It'll help with player retention and some people might even make a come back.
Zilverlight

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by Zilverlight »

I know most Necromancers on reg will hate me for this post, but:

I've been noticing two major problems with HoB:

1) It's become the staple to grinding. If you're not a necromancer, you're not farming as fast as you could be. With a vampyric staff of leeching + 3, you gain life and mana back with every hit. It's very powerful, and while I don't think it needs to be nerfed majorly I have an idea in mind that could bring it down just a notch, but hopefully not make it useless.

2)HoB is spammable. You cast the spell over and over again in an area, and instead of damage every second for 5 seconds (I'm not entirely sure the duration) it doubles, triple, quadruples etc... every second. This effect has also created a TON of lag for the community. One necromancer in a party is bad enough, get two or three together casting HoB and you won't be moving for a solid minute. The same idea is mainly to help with this.

The idea is, and I'm pretty sure this may be a coding nightmare, If you cast HoB on a monster, it'll cast the AoE in a square centered on the monster. Cast it again, it only refreshes the duration. If you cast it on a monster 2 tiles to the left of the first target, it will refresh the duration on the 3 columns of tiles of HoB that are already affected. (IE: Instead of stacking multiple HoB on the same tiles, any tile that already has HoB on it when targeted by another HoB, will simply be refreshed it's duration.) This would prevent the spell from being cast 8 times on the same tiles, hopefully prevent the lag caused by such, increase the use of other necromancer spells (Such as since you know you have 5 seconds until you need to cast HoB again, maybe switch over to plague wind or some other damaging spell until you need to cast HoB again.) The damage on HoB will need to be increased though, to maintain it's usefulness and not render Necromancers useless.

Thoughts?
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Agreed with @Zilverlight as I have heard input from other players. (Some like OP spells but somebody also said it becomes very boring class.. just span one spell continously in chain) I have just started own necromancer so I got not so much experience on it. Need make char for alpha and test myself more. Maybe nerf bone spell and boost other skills?

There is also major problem with fighter weapons nowadays. Stat ratio.
I love to see that weapon types have not "One bound" special move nowadays.. makes them all usable.. but not.
Stat ratio forces every fighters to use mace weapons if they want to optimal benefits from stats. I would like to see same stat ratio for every weapon classes.. Will it be like 90/10, 85/15, 80/20 or 75/25 does not matter until all have same. Making players LOT more combinations for damage types (slashing, piercing etc) and combined with different special moves. After this also hunting more interesting when you can actually found usable weapons.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Heikki wrote:There is also major problem with fighter weapons nowadays. Stat ratio.
I love to see that weapon types have not "One bound" special move nowadays.. makes them all usable.. but not.
Stat ratio forces every fighters to use mace weapons if they want to optimal benefits from stats. I would like to see same stat ratio for every weapon classes.. Will it be like 90/10, 85/15, 80/20 or 75/25 does not matter until all have same.
The patch long ago that allowed all fighter weapons to use 3 of the 4 specials instead of just the 1 for that weapon type was a very good addition. It allowed the fighter, which could spec their stats to match the favored weapon of choice, but make use of many different abilities depending on the situation.

I see what you're saying though and it does suck, because once you spec for maces (90/10) you're not as proficient with axes (75/25) even though Fighters are supposed to be "masters of weaponry" and you can't alter your stats without paying money. Basically forces you to use either maces or polearms/axes/longswords. This is countered though with +stat gear. You can spec for maces, but if you want to use axes, wear a single gear +36 dex. It's one piece less for MR or something, but it will help you fix the stat problem.

Honestly I'd like to see away with the spec for weapon types entirely and find a new source of balancing stats with weapon damage.

Such as: Strength increases physical damage, constitution and defense, Dexterity increases movement and attack speed, evade/dodge chance and crit chance as well as Backstab damage and foil parry/riposte chance (and would like to see parry be added as a chance with longswords, not riposte though) and Intelligence increases all things magical. Fighters would still want to focus heavily on Strength to give constitution and damage. Rogues will still want increased strength for damage and survivability but would need the dexterity for their specializations, and mages would still want the intelligence for more magical prowess. It wouldn't require classes to spec for specific %/% though, and the stat amounts would depend upon which build you want to actually play as.

Backstab Rogue would be pure dexterity, but squishy as heck to counter the amount of damage that they do with backstabs.
Tanks would deal a lot of damage and have very high hp, but would attack and move very slowly.
Rangers would put in mixed stats to raise damage from str and crit chance and attack speed from dex.

This is a very raw idea and would to be smoothed out tremendously, but would get away from having to specifically put your stats at exact amounts to get the "most out of your character" or otherwise would have wasted stats.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Maybe add a feature for taming like a command that could be used to mark your current pet as bound to you or something (not bonded) so that you don't lose it as easily? In case you were practicing taming for whatever reason?

I had a pet dragon that I transfered from another character on my account (paid the $3 to transfer to someone else, then $3 again to transfer to new character) and paid the $8 for the wands of blanking, happiness, improved HP and improved Int.

I usually use my pet rune to stable it, but must've had it out and sitting at my house this morning when I went out to train taming up. Realized afterwards that my dragon was completely gone. Kinda upset at the loss of a legacy black dragon (still had heal self spell) that cost me $14.

A partial rant, but having some way of preventing pets from being tamed over when they're an intended pet might be beneficial?
stegos

Post by stegos »

Couple of ideas:

1. Potion, scroll, or food of infravision. Limited duration. Maybe a liquor brewed by dwarves?

2. New fairy/sprite/pixie race:
a. Small chars with colored wings. Each family has a diff wing color.
b. More magic but lower strength.
c. Leveling up on STR is at a disadvantage, say -2 or -3.
d. Leveling up on INT or DEX is perked at say +1 or +2.
e. Cannot wield heavy or 2-handed weapons. Are staffs 2H? Maybe small 1-hand wands act like staves.
f. Can fly for short distances proportional to level. In danger of falling in water and drowning when time runs out.
g. Some spells come naturally to the race. (Need ideas here.) Light? Blink? Charm? Summon creature?
h. Natural tinkers? TinkerBell, anyone? (Not serious about this point.)

Uhhh...
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Nox Wis - Coats rogue weapons in poison for 5 minutes. Similar to snake aspect for monks. Requires shortswords, foils, and ranged at 100.

Quas Sanct - A vanish in smoke ability thats usable one every 10 minutes. Requires 100 stealth.
Omnidescent
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Omnidescent »

Onyxt wrote:Nox Wis - Coats rogue weapons in poison for 5 minutes. Similar to snake aspect for monks. Requires shortswords, foils, and ranged at 100.

Quas Sanct - A vanish in smoke ability thats usable one every 10 minutes. Requires 100 stealth.
How could I have forgotten these? (How could've anybody forgotten these...)

+1 for both.

If I may add, I've run into lots of MMOs where the smoke bomb ability is AoE, as in every party member in a 4x4 tile range turns invisible, might be a great addition to rogue.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Noticed a lot of people have been looking for books lately on regular, and I cant even remember the last time I got a book from just hunting monsters. Maybe add in the search bookcase function from Weekly onto the other servers and up the chance of books a little bit.
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

Will we ever be able to spend these radio active cookies?
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

TheOneGuy wrote:Will we ever be able to spend these radio active cookies?
Glass armour shop in Apoc uses radioactive cookies as currency...
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

I just posted this in the class identity thread but i got super hyped when i thought about it. Monks aspects really so suck, BUT what if their damage on their aspects scaled off of STATS just like enchants do! That would increase clear speed substantially! :lesson:
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Comet wrote:Some endgame changes for Mages:

-MR should be rescaled for heroic/epic/2x2 mobs. As it stands, some mobs can reach 20k+ MR, and even 30k MR, making them completely immune to anything mages can throw at them, even with MR cleave. Maybe even make 10k MR the hard limit.

-MR cleave should at the very least be dropped to 50 rage. You have to build 100 rage, just for a tiny few second window to even hit properly, when most of the aforementioned creatures can drop you in one or two hits.

-Mages need more ways around MR immunity. As it stands, the only offensive spell unaffected by MR is IVPY, which doesn't affect flying creatures. Compare that with necros, whose HOB bypasses MR, and whose Acid Wind spell drops mr by 30% (0 rage req, multitarget, and lasts longer than MR cleave).

-Probably something to help survivability (but that's true with all low str builds). Maybe update magery? Lots of the summoning spells have become obsolete. It would be cool for a mage to rely on summons for defense, though how that would work I'm not sure.
This is actually great feedback! It's a real issue for me. I have top tier gear on a lvl 500 mage, and refuse to go to most heroic maps unless im playing my level 125 fighter. I know full well my mage is essentially useless against so many heroic mobs.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

LaughingCoyote wrote: Encourage older players to come back:
Schedule DM events. Possibly every fifth weekend? 3-4 times a year. Again, announce ahead of time on armoury page.
So much yes