Help needed :)

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Help needed :)

Post by Heikki »

Hellos all people. I have been away for a years.
Now I am considering make little comeback. As old "power player" I am ofcourse interested best stuff on game :)

So:
1) What is best build for solo hunting (I am now human fighter 100% priest 100%)
2) How about best weapon. Now running with Vampy XJ claymore / Vampy XJ tomahawk.
3) What is best + on stat or + in weapons nowadays? How about other bonuses like MR and NV?
4) How about other gear? Got now +8 br rings and +8 br neck. Also Estrorrat west and Irofist cap. Also NV +5 and Vig +15 gear. What I should change?
5) New artifacts to consider? I still have plenty old Band rings.. But is there better one?
6) About crafting: Is there way to craft +9 attack items? Something new I should know about crafting? I read something about making artifacts to new items but not sure. Links?
7) Best hunting places nowadays?
8) Any interesting bosses for real challenge.
9) What other things I should now nowadaays?
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heikki

Re: Help needed :)

Post by Heikki »

Few more:

1) Where to find "upgrade wand" for "Fel", "Dun", and "Bal" mythic items? Cannot find from cash shoppe?
2) If I use "Greater wand of transcendense" does it save original + only with 20% chance? Does normal "wand of transcendense" loose always one +?
3) Can I make rings and necklases mythic as armours said here: http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Advanced_Crafting

Joke of day:
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Hey Heikki! Welcome back! I might be able to answer a decent amount of your questions, and hopefully others will be able to answer the rest!

1) The most common build recently seems to be primarily necromancer. Priest is almost always a must secondary for classes now. I've been hearing rogues are top of the list as well.
2) Vampy is still the best of course, or for rogues that want to backstab, Addy. +9 is the highest for weapons. If you want to stay as a fighter, I would suggest Vampy IJO or just getting a Vampy +9. Claymores are the strongest longsword still I believe.
If you want to try a necromancer, a must have weapon is a Vampy staff of leeching +3. Gives you life and mana.
3&4) If you use any magic at all, esto's should give some kind of vigour I believe. That'd be plenty. I'd focus on the band for each ring and MR +5 gear. Crystal artifacts are in high demand. You might also want to find or WoT sigils of attack +8/9. That'd I've I the extra attack strength unless you switch to necromancer.
5) no new arties. Those are still the best for rings.
6) Crafting can make up to +7 weapons (no Vampy or Addy) and +5 Def (no Addy or crystal) but I'm not sure about stats. Cannot craft NV or MR or vigour to my knowledge.
7)Heroic Anathema is our favorite.
8) Blood Queen if you get enough people!
9) Plenty!

Part two
1) the portal near the scavenger hunt turkey!
2) I urge you're right about upgraded. Normal though has a 10% chance to stay the same.
3) I don't think you can mythic jewelry. Could be wrong though!

I'm glad to see you making a return! Hopefully I will see you in game and can help answer more questions then!
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

VAM/VF are viable weapon enchants now.
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Super nice thanks!
Considering my stats if I continue with fighter/priest. How they should be in lvl 500 if I use mainly claymore?

Joke of day:
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

If you're not mainly using maces, I'd have 100 int (or 100-150 mana from the Maeondir shrine for mana) and the rest split 75/25 str/dex.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Thanks.

Found something also about bonecrafting. What bonus bone give? Where I can find skulls & bones?

Joke of day:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You can mystic/mythic/astral and fel/bal/dun any item you wield. (Except sigils)

An example...
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Granamyr&serv=PD

Might have changed since May of last year my last playtime.

I never gave my fighter (pure so different than fighter priest) best gear but here is an example:
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=PUNISHER&serv=PD

Yes i have a similar vampy great maul and a copper ijo greatmaul. Rarely i switch to cleaving weapon and my specials swap from flurry to thunderclap (gotta love the stun and splash damage).

Fighters MR MR MR MR MR. Strenth for raw stats in accordance to weapon (90/10 maces/poles and 75/25 swords/axes).

Manual gives good ideas on specials used with which weapons. Vog can be good or bad if it pisses off some mob that can take you out... Less of a perm worry on reg so knock yourself out).

I have another alt on pd named targetdummy who is fighter/priest and she does good healing up and fighting..
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=TargetDummy&serv=PD

Seems she has 100 int. Uses all strength and i was working on getting solid +35/36 str gear including sigils and fel/mythicing for more str. Bone helm/torso and jewelry for more hp (slight bonus but not much). Fighters wear regeneration belts (that shit helps a lot or did in may 2017).
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Keighn wrote:You can mystic/mythic/astral and fel/bal/dun any item you wield. (Except sigils)

An example...
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Granamyr&serv=PD

Might have changed since May of last year my last playtime.
Hellos Keighn!

Super. You know also about bonecrafting as I asked before?

Joke of day:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Bonecrafting was necromancer class only. I changed Hephaustus pd into a necro/priest i think. The manual should have info on it but i'd make a necro or see if anyone has some gear on reg to grab. Bones can be gotten by using shovels on graves in the many dungeon graveyards (i should have compiled a list but going to pit has a nice few, the dungeon under the monastery foe priest quests has some, the graveyard to do vampire quest for mon-ferrato... Probably others.

Bone crafting knife is the tool. There are some other odd ingredients but generally bones and skulls get you far.

Looking for the guide on bonecrafting but in mean time

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4985
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Thanks so far!

Can somebody confirm this:
If I use "Greater wand of transcendense" it transfer original + with 20% chance? (So loose +1 with 80% chance)
If I use normal "wand of transcendense" it transfer original + with 10% chance? (So loose +1 with 90% chance)

Joke of day:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sounds correct. Then again, i haven't tried more than a dozen greaters.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Hello :)

I have my own 2 cents to add though :)
So if you forgot how to myth: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4985&hilit=myth

Now to answer your questions I have slighty different opinions.
For best weapon I would suggest an addy weapon + enchant. Enchanted weapons now do damage according to your level. So an enchant is more precious at later lvls :) Also you're a priest, you don't need the leech from weapons with the small heal.
As you are lvl 500, you get more damage out of faster attack speed than small damage boosts, so be sure to take the fastest weapon. For 2-handed weaponry this is a glaive and for 1 handed this is a club.
Best stats on weapons are +9 AS and as for enchants sound reasoning would say XC is preferred :D. So I'll give you a mission to find as many addy (xc) weapons as possible.
For amour these are +9 def, +36 str/int/dex, +16 vig or + 5NV/MR.
NV isn't as important as it once was cause of enhanced lighting effects. You can still turn this one off in settings for older gameplay :)
As for MR, go up to 3K MR as that is how much MR is needed to fully tank heroic red dragons. Anything more is like unneeded. Take +stats items for more damage or hp.
Your gear is good as it is. +8 br rings increase more than just 8 AS as the tint takes effect too :) However if you seem like you want more hp I would recommend wotting bone rings and bone necklaces. Else use bands as the increase in MR is always welcome :)
Did you check out postapocalyptic Sosaria yet? Lots to explore :)
As for wotting Gwot has greater chance to transfer without losing +1. I think it's like 80% as for the original I don't remember.
Also another thing to note. You can now dip not only weapons, but armour and jewelry in fountains. Max stats are +3AS/Def, +15int/str/dex/vg, +3MR/NV.

As to what to do is to check out the new weekly PD.
It's not weekly as the name suggests but monthly. And if you clear it you can expect a small bonus at the start of each month :)
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Thanks for super answers!

"Your gear is good as it is. +8 br rings increase more than just 8 AS as the tint takes effect too"
I did some testing and I cannot see difference. Not in AS in GUI or damage (tested about 100 hit bit br +8 set and bone +8 set)
Is this bug that BR does not work?

Sooooooo.... I got even more further questions about dex, str, movement speed, special moves and armours. So : More pro tips needed.

1) Back from old days only reasonable armours was UA armours (Because no moving speed loss)... does heavier armours still give penalty?
2) Seems like special moves are not bound on weapon type. So why to use longswords anymore if you can get flurry with mace (90% str and 10% dex split)? (Cleave is alost useless in lvl 400+)
3) Does dex affect movement speed anymore? If so how much needed for max speed?

Joke of day:
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

1) heavy armour still gives penalty (orc racial bonus useless otherwise)
2) 5) There are HEAPS of new artis since you last played, but most for lower level characters. Check out the Glass coin shop. Also ones that aren't available for special coins, drop only.
3) egg raised the base minimum speed (ie dex =25) so its not as crucial anymore, but you still walk faster with high dex.
Last edited by LaughingCoyote on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Ty LG :)

Only this:

I asked :
2) Seems like special moves are not bound on weapon type. So why to use longswords anymore if you can get flurry with mace (90% str and 10% dex split)? (Cleave is alost useless in lvl 400+)

U said:
2) There are HEAPS of new artis since you last played, but most for lower level characters. Check out the Glass coin shop. Also ones that aren't available for special coins, drop only.

I think this was to other question :P

Joke of day:
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Yo again.
Is it true that VF can be added to weapon somehow?... If so how is it possible?

Joke of day:
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Heikki wrote:Yo again.
Is it true that VF can be added to weapon somehow?... If so how is it possible?
Enchanting! Vermilion can be applied to any weapon with +5 or higher attack stat!
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I believe it has to be exactly +5. Been a bit since i made vermillion. It is alchemy to make essence of fire then enchanting to make the vermillion?

Enchants give dmg according to level now? When this happen? Did i not notice?
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Keighn wrote:I believe it has to be exactly +5. Been a bit since i made vermillion. It is alchemy to make essence of fire then enchanting to make the vermillion?

Enchants give dmg according to level now? When this happen? Did i not notice?
Yeah its a mixture of alchemy and enchanting.

Enchants are based off your stats, and it got put in last year in June roughly.