Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Bugs Thread - kinda updated feb 2010

Post by Keighn » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:54 am

the egg/chive mountaineering fail doesn't work on PD. PIty. egg: it can be done with a res stone

I also noticed a few rooms in seers tower that can't be accessed. egg: there are plenty of rooms IRL that can't be accessed either
ZUPS!!!!

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:25 am

Perhaps a bug or something I didn't read but if you dip a regular non-magic sigil (ie one you disenchanted) into a fountainit just disappears. Each time the sigil disappears.
So I'm not sure if that's a bug or not. Seems like it. I'd expect a "You can't dip that!" or something or same rules as gloves.

Edit... It doesn't dip it applies it uses it on self. So can't dip sigils.

Diood
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Diood » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:27 am

Hi,

I have a litle problème i think, my keaboard won't function on the inventory menu ...
Every where else is't okay, so i look to the key atribution and i try the "num lock trick" but nothing change .
So what i made wrong ? ^^

Okay i now my probleme it's juste because the game think my num lock is "lock" but absolutly not ...
And when i try to trigger it, nothin change .

MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Try pressing ctrl+shift, it changes the keyboard language for some computers.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson

Diood
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Diood » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Yep i now, i have a qwerty keaboard with no numpad so i try with an american laoyout a UK layout and a french one but it's useless.

Shino
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Shino » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Machetes get faster attack speed when wearing UA armor or going naked, didn't notice this on other weapons, not sure tho didnt test all there is

Shino

Post by Shino » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Necromancers can train taming by just feeding undead pets, they keep eating all the time and never get full.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:04 am

Thats a feature not a bug. Undead race and pets cant drown, be poisoned, diseased, choked, or get full. And you still need to use the chart i provided to raise taming quick. Otherwise, have fun feeding them thousands upon thousands of charms just to get taming to raise.

Your average golem doesnt get full either i believe.

Shino

Post by Shino » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:48 am

maybe its not a bug but seems kinda cheesy way to GM taming

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:41 am

Innefective imho. Then again, ive never tried to feed zombies until 100. Too much digging and waste of bones.

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:47 am

For some reason Lvl 9 - Ixgenktar (imp) on Ladder is NOT giving up glass coins. Odd.

And Fishing doesn't seem to work in NevaNevaland nor in the dungeons. I found an addy rod.. was hoping to fish up some DS boots. But 0 fishing.

Comet

Post by Comet » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:45 pm

I found a bug involving the raft in the Lost Jungle map.

For those of you who don't know, if you are on the raft in the lost jungle and read a scroll of truesight, you'll see a neutral sea serpent tugging the raft along. The sea serpent is unable to be revealed or hurt by attacks. I think mechanics-wise, the sea serpent makes the spot next to it a wooden floor tile and teleports you to it. As the sea serpent moves it continues to teleport you on another wooden platform, and when you are no longer on a wooden platform, the spot is reverted to water. The problem is, the sea serpent can be messed with. Here's where things get problematic:

Casting charm on the sea serpent makes it good aligned, and it will start attacking enemies along the way while remaining invis, and also dragging you off course.

Casting hex on the sea serpent causes it to despawn and leave you stranded in the middle of the river.

Most damaging, however, is clone. If you try and clone the sea serpent, and are close enough to land, it will create a clone of that sea serpent on land. The original sea serpent then despawns, you are teleported next to your clone, and the square you are standing on converts to a wooden floor tile- even if you are on land. Waiting until your clone despawns causes the terrain to stay as a wooden floor tile, and stepping off of it will turn it into a water tile, even if it originally was a land tile. This enables the player to grief the map by converting parts of the map to water. I'm pretty sure seize can also mess with the terrain in this way- and it's probably more destructive because it lets you repeatedly seize the serpent onto a new spot on land and convert more and more of the ground into water in the process. I waited until the server reset to see if that map would get fixed, but the damage done to the map stays, probably until the game gets updated or something.

I wonder how this applies to the invisible croc that HOB is centered on- maybe that should be tested as well.

Minor bonus bug: While on the raft press ',' to see the large map and you'll see that your red icon leaves a trail behind.

Melk
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Melk » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:51 am

Hello,
i died (PD server) on Lonewolf char. I log in on my fighter (Taron) in order to get some gear back but once in the game it says "sync error" i see Taron wearing the weapon of my death char. i relogged and Taron was naked and without attack sigils (2+8 and 1+9). Could i have them back?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shino

Post by Shino » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Melk wrote:Hello,
i died (PD server) on Lonewolf char. I log in on my fighter (Taron) in order to get some gear back but once in the game it says "sync error" i see Taron wearing the weapon of my death char. i relogged and Taron was naked and without attack sigils (2+8 and 1+9). Could i have them back?
this happened to me too about a year ago, was too pissed off to make any posts about it.

i lost atk sigils and all my gear also

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:14 am

Here's a cutie that I've finally figured out. And its damn annoying considering how I have my binds. At times when you are alt attacking using a special.. or its alt attacking and a special then hit say f4 to use heal or w/e.. the game QUITS.

egg: I'm not sure I'd want to fix that - good being able to rage quit
alt f4 is standard for closing programs in windows

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Thu May 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Keighn wrote:Clanhall bug:
If you search on a barrel you don't have permission to pick up that food. I don't know if it stays hooked there or not. And yes I'm a clan member. A picture is unnecessary.
do you remember which hall/barrel it was? more likely it was to do with a hook than being a hall perse

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn » Fri May 26, 2017 4:26 am

I wish I remembered. I'm betting it was my own in MIB hall since I have an alt member there. Its in my food locker area where I put descriptions on just about everything. It could be the hook and description is causing the error. Not a huge deal as long as the food decays but if it doesn't I see items stacking there if others search the barrels (kind of like the old hook bugs where people died and items stacked back in the days.

EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:42 pm

i killed Zerinyth for the vampire quest on PD (character BlackCherry). i even got the ear for it. but i didn't get the quest? not sure what happened?

edit- quest giver lillith in kernigsburg.

also. when i did this "blood of a child" quest for Melisadre, it took something out of my inventory that was taken out in the previous quest already.
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass

Comet

Post by Comet » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 am

I was trying to be helpful and retrieve Old Henry's fishing rod for him, when suddenly the conversation took a darker turn:
OldHenryVamp2.png
Edit: This was on the NG server.

LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Post by LaughingCoyote » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:47 am

Not sure if its been reported already, but MPT gets "stuck" if the mob you use it on drops an item when it dies. Instead of stopping it continues for the full duration of the spell.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D