Ideas Thread 2017

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas Thread 2017

Post by Onyxt »

Add a small merchant area into Weekly PD. Might go against the point of Weekly, but I'd rather put stuff on a merchant for cheap than sell it to a npc.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Its getting fall time here.

How about:
growing pumpkins
Making cider
Haystacks
Harvesting hay with scythe + cradle (awesome vids on scythe haying)
Barns
Hen houses where hens lay eggs maybe turkeys too
Rooster
Ducks in ponds
Fall leaves (seasons period)
Leaf piles & burning
Chimneys and burning smoke
Chirping birds
River sounds
As the sun sets and raises perhaps more red/orange hues before darkening.
Harvest festivals
Scarecrows
Crows
Dogs
Cats
Pigs
Bulls

Fix the day/night cycle to more slowly ease into dusk to night to dawn to say.
Change merchant hours. They work some crazy hours. 7am to 6pm perhaps (except special merchants)

More townfolk and people with sleeping cycles.

Community gardens owned by npcs.
Jobs from npcs even picking crops.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Onyxt wrote:Add a small merchant area into Weekly PD. Might go against the point of Weekly, but I'd rather put stuff on a merchant for cheap than sell it to a npc.
I would implement whatever system that helps items get recycled to other players. So having a player merch might help that, but it wouldn't if prices were set stupidly high like they are on other servers. Maybe don't allow custom pricing on player merch ? (or only allow it to be cheaper than default) That way you can see if you can sell it for the 'buy price' and not the 1/10th sell price.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Random ideas:
1. Drake form for draconian could work like vamp's bat form in dungeons.
2. 2x2 Mobs should drop larger amounts of monster parts, say 1-4.
3. Lighthouse and other towers should be a lightsource on the continents.
4. Random flavour messages while meditating at shrines when leveling and res sick. Eg. Shrine of Honesty: You feel as if the world has been bought into sharper focus... as if you are becoming more intelligent.
5. Food bonuses should apply to pets - ie feed bone fish to pet to give it protection against poison, etc.

Not really bugs:
1. The "copper" item in brewing should probably be "copper still" unless later was intentionally left out?
2. Crystal Iron Fist Sandals were dropped as "crystalhide" when it should be "silk" as its an UA item?
3. Flam Grav Por should show up as an effect status when monsters are marked by it.
4. VIMJ similarly.
5. VIMJ effect is at least 1 square wider than the visual effect shown when cast.
6. Bunch of items are missing an in-game description like scrolls of protection.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:
Onyxt wrote:Add a small merchant area into Weekly PD. Might go against the point of Weekly, but I'd rather put stuff on a merchant for cheap than sell it to a npc.
I would implement whatever system that helps items get recycled to other players. So having a player merch might help that, but it wouldn't if prices were set stupidly high like they are on other servers. Maybe don't allow custom pricing on player merch ? (or only allow it to be cheaper than default) That way you can see if you can sell it for the 'buy price' and not the 1/10th sell price.
That'd work, I honestly didnt even think of people being douches and setting a high price. I was going to just put anything good on it for like 1 gp per gear.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Auto-set to 1gp because people are lazy. Hah! So? would this be a ladder you climb down into a room set up for merchants? Since people die a lot I imagine it wouldn't have to be too big.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Add sky blue potions from Weekly PD to the other servers so things like this wont be a problem anymore.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5340#p91703
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

What do sky blue potions do? Walk on water? :D
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

LaughingCoyote wrote:What do sky blue potions do? Walk on water? :D
Flying for a small amount of time, just a way to get through water maps on weekly pd.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Between Maeondir and other places with newer towns the NPCs don't have much of anything to say.

Here's an idea:

Implement a schema that will allow players to create simple keyword-driven dialogue that can be used by EUO development to add more personality to some of the NPCs?

Aside from the fact that there are some pretty creatively bizarre regulars in EUO this might make it more interesting to check in regularly with NPCs because there's no telling what they're going to be saying. Just like with the books it's also a way to spread more EUO legends and lore because it's coming from the players.
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

New bonecrafting items:
Fighter and rogue weapons,
Bone golems,
More mini artifacts for a full suit of armour(including light and medium),
Mini artifact weapons and shields,
Wand of bone transmutation(turns weapons and armor into bone),
Undead ring of communion(undead don't attack you),
Undead ring of false life(When you die the ring breaks and you get 10% hp back, plus double Def and MR),
Wand of minor death(single use disease-like effect in a single target(or maybe a cone)),
Shiled of undeath(bone, +def, +mr, +elem res./poison&disease immunity)
Last edited by newmagna on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

stafs that give mr
cloth armour(or jewelry) that gives cast speed
and a question: does dex affect cast speed? if not, maybe make it so? could give necros some edge(from what I gather they became kinda unpopular)
"bosses" that always drop artifacts(but you can only get each once, any other times you get a random magic item or rare item so long as you are not overleveled)
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

from this
to @eggmceye :
Ok, so here's a obnoxious and uncalled for idea for a new server with a new character progression because I have a few grievances with the current ones:
PD level up system(because I'll be damned if I'm ever forced to wasting time travelling to those shrines instead of wasting time actually playing the game)
normal class cap system that you can spend an entire level for +1% in the cap, allowing for a nice trade off of strenght-versatility(because all the others are actually too restrictive unless you single class every character, yes, even remort)
humans still get 100% exp but instead of starting with 125% cap they get +5% to all stats, which stops humans from being the "cleric dip" race(which is honestly fine im just annoyed this last one isn't even all that serious)
its just an idea i had which personally its kinda selfish of me to propose i guess but i still think people are going to like this system if it ever becomes a thing
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

i wouldn't mind a new server. but none of that sound different enough to make a difference?

What about a new server with the Blue Tiles. Everything's blue, NG skilling/leveling (x4 stats up to 1000 points), only apoc new sosaria, all races start with 100% with chance to med at shrine for 25% towards class cap of 200% (once at 250 stat points, once at 500, once at 750, and last one at 1000).

somethings just way out there and different.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I was chatting with a guy from England who has a server just for pdfs, maps, and a forums and it cost roughly 4200$ a year back in 2006. You have to wonder how much a forum and these servers run egg a month. I don't know how large the traffic is but I don't believe egg is a well off multi-millionaire.

My idea is to donate to the EUO by buying from the CASHE SHOP! Support your local Australian FREE GAMING TODAY! :aus:

:cow: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god that paradox... but still. Stop slapping myself... :fp: :fp: :fp: stop slapping myself :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :? :? :? :mad: :mad:

:--;:
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Flamberge should be a IFH enchant, now that vermillion means you can make your own Claymore VFs.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

LaughingCoyote wrote:Flamberge should be a IFH enchant, now that vermillion means you can make your own Claymore VFs.
What about changing the VF on the hoe of destruction artifact to IFH?
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Bugbo wrote:
LaughingCoyote wrote:Flamberge should be a IFH enchant, now that vermillion means you can make your own Claymore VFs.
Hoe of Destruction has the priest fire spell (cant remember the acronym). Its the blast radius one, with the recent enchant update it isnt bad.
Xophias
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Xophias »

I second this statement :P.
Onyxt wrote:
Bugbo wrote:
Hoe of Destruction has the priest fire spell (cant remember the acronym). Its the blast radius one, with the recent enchant update it isnt bad.
Flam Grav Corp, come back around Sephy </3!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Always wanted a bow with FGC enchant. GO RAMBO!!