Ideas thread 2016

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2016

Post by Keighn »

Bugbo wrote:
eggmceye wrote:avians/garuda is the next race going in (but I don't see them as elves)
they are even euo-canon :2cool: since they already appear in my euo novel https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/452011
Where did you get the pic for this? Do you have an unedited copy without the bird head?
Yeah I need to buy a copy and get it printed and bound ... but is HAS TO BE AUTOGRAPHED!
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

Also from fighter qol change thread:
newmagna wrote:Maybe weapons could have more than one attack type, like swords that could have Slashing and Piercing types, even Bludgeon if we could half-sword it(grab it by the blade and striking with the guard points. This technique may also refer to grabbing a zweihander by the ricasso, an unsharpened part of the blade, and using it as a spear). So ctrl+dir would be a swinging motion, but shit+dir a piercing motion(of course there are curved swords(a weapon type missing from the game, but whatever, it's not like I wanted my scimitars and messers and tachis and fauxes and cavalry sabers and falcatas and khopeshes and kopises and sickles) but they could have, say, bludegeon attacks for striking with the blunt edges.). Some of the polearms could be also mace weapons, and vice-versa( I'm looking at you, Lucern hammer and all handed maces), as well as polearms axes, such as the as-of-yet nonexistent poleaxe. Also spears should really have a longer reach. Heck, most 2 handed weapons should.
Also, how about weapons with special effects that activate when they are selected on the hotbar, or appear as an item that gives said effect when equipped? Self buffing weapons could be a thing. Weapons/Armour that cast a spell could cost mana or have a limited number of uses per day/ high cooldown time.

pistol blades.

Summoning consumables.

The ability to sell our souls to the devil.

A gathering ability that let us get fruits and herbs for cooking/alchemy.

Give alchemists to make dual metals, that have the properties or two metals.

Do you think I'm posting too much and have lots of free time and should be sleeping? Well, as a wise great man once said: Consider the following: you are correct.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Posting too much? Hah......

Not even close. And i should know. Just click on members then posts a few times. Itll show total postage champs.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Noticed sometimes town portals are terribly crowded. Perhaps to easily notice your own is to have it glow like a phase beast or something.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

Keighn wrote:Noticed sometimes town portals are terribly crowded. Perhaps to easily notice your own is to have it glow like a phase beast or something.
I never really had this problem, but it seems the implementation of this feature could be very useful.

Also:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote:Noticed sometimes town portals are terribly crowded. Perhaps to easily notice your own is to have it glow like a phase beast or something.
that's a good idea. even if they aren't crowded, I don't know which is which
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Oh, I should have said when in a party and you all have a portal in town. Sometimes you don't want to Look at each portal and just want to jump in your own. Sometimes its trial and error for the impatient.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Make daggers equipable as offhand with foils and give small + to parry/reposte chance? That's how they were traditionally used, I dunno
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

Mackey wrote:Make daggers equipable as offhand with foils and give small + to parry/reposte chance? That's how they were traditionally used, I dunno
They were used as offhand for lots of weapons, hell, 1h weapons like arming swords were used as offhand for polearms.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Mackey wrote:Make daggers equipable as offhand with foils and give small + to parry/reposte chance? That's how they were traditionally used, I dunno
Esp the main gauche. Even ultima 5 had a +1 def bonus using them.

I still wish to be able to dodge in addition to blocking.
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

just tested with Griffith on PD , i could block and dodge with bent buckler against Ogre

i didnt test heavier shields , because why should that work?

I hope its like that , shields are like armor : light,medium and heavy

with heavy armor you should need loooooots of dex to dodge a melee from Ogre

I really wanted to a 1h swordsman with high dex, but i would get stuck on golems and minotaurs because anything stronger uses magic mainly wich you cant dodge.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Heroic pets for PD.

Level requirement of 500 to tame a heroic pet. If you want to make them acquirable on reg then lower the level requirement to 400 or so.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

SJ I would love for you to turn combat messages back on and try that again with buckler. Hell, I just might try. I can easily drop my str down and raise up dex higher. Wish I had other shields but I can buy or make some I guess.

I agree about bucklers. I still wish there was a UA shield for block like wonderwomans bracers but that's a different mechanic I guess. Monks don't dodge enough and many forms of martial arts use blocks, deflects(a riposte), holds, dodging, parry etc....

Won't even get into kicks...throws etc..
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Monks class should get an increase chance at finding gloves of attack rather than normal gloves with some kind stat bonus. I'm only suggesting this because gloves of attack are so rare to come across.
Last edited by Sumter on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

And undippable I believe.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, mobs either don't drop chests or a tinted chest. All I'm gonna say again. Annoying to die to what you think is a boss chest and isn't.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

When I use shift+g it doesn't pick up quest items, even when it picks up everything else around me.
Also when I drop unidentified items in a pile and use a MG on it it attempts to ID every one of them. Doing one by one, picking the ID'd ones from the pile and IDing again is as much of a chore as it was writing this comment.
stegos
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

alternate music

Post by stegos »

Don't get me wrong, I really do like the "garbage style" tune that EUO plays. I think it's cool. Whenever I play EUO I leave the music on.

But is there any way we can plug some additional tunes in also? The original Ultimas had a different tune for each environment. So I wonder if it would be possible to map each environment/terrain/map type to a different MP3 file. Sorry, can't think of the right word. You know: continent, underground, town (not continent). Not sure if other types could be inferred by the map contents, like shrine. The client.cfg file would have an entry for each map type and the name of the associated MP3 file. The stock EUO installation would simply have the stock tune for each one. If the stock tune is not a separate MP3 file, just use a keyword, like [DEFAULT]. If the user wants to customize, simply copy their MP3 files to a "music" folder and modify the client.cfg to name to them.
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, it would be kind of cool in the old school way to have an EUO music box script. One where you can attach maps, actions, (buying, selling, fighting, etc) to different songs. I generally don't play with music except once in a while on my mp3 player but that's a different story.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Due to all the vampire talk of parasols and stuff (and I mentioned darkness roof squares) and even a necromancer darkness spell. So here's another solution that doesn't add much but a feature for the awesome stopwatch.

DAYTIME

NIGHTTIME

Notice I colored the Time in yellow for day and a skyblue (couldn't go too dark) for nighttime).

In the top right corner is a sun or a moon (doesn't have to be the phase just a crescent to depict nighttime.

All relevant so you don't accidentally take sun damage. I had another idea for treasure maps where on your mini-map it shows a blinking white dot for the treasure.

And note.... it displays this underground but ONLY if you have a stopwatch. Thus the importance of such an item.

Sextant coordinates imho should be ORANGE IMHO.
Last edited by Keighn on Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.