Weekly PD Builds

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Weekly PD Builds

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Now that the Weekly PD server has been reset, I'd like to have a place for everyone to theorycraft about efficient/fun/interesting/etc builds for the server. Here is a breakdown of the server:

425 Class skill cap for humans and 350 for non-humans (same as NG)
Features:
* permanent death, NG levels, 1000 stat cap, but stats worth 3x (so effectively 3000 cap)
* one overworld combined town/continent that is static with 48 random levels below
* additionally, vaults spawn inside dungeons, which are mini static map-segments lifted from regular euo
* not sure how you win ;)
* when you kill a ladder guardian (which is boss at end of level) you get a rune which teleports you to the beginning of next level (for fast future travel)
* statues spawn or mobs can be petrified: you can kick statues for fun/dangerous rewards, but not pick them up
* you can fly in dungeons
* you can ride mounts in dungeons
* can search most map tiles for fun/profit (eg barrels for food)
* artifacts are much more common
* you can buy anyone's sold items back (for a while, limited stock life) from the "treasures" merchant
* there are secret merchants, pawn shops etc
* you can but GWOTS for 1 mythical material
* you should be able to drop un-id cursed items on altars to reveal curses
Here is the first build that I'm going to try:
Skeletun (XMP resist is incredibly good against hybrids)
878 Str, 97 Dex, 25 Int (typical 90% str/10% dex ratio for weapon damage)
25 Maces or Polearms (enough to build rage)
55 Block (spiked shield bash for single target DoT)
70 Magery (enough for recall, invisibility, blink)
40 Divinity (AMT is a strong single target DoT spell)
50 Necro (MPT is another single target DoT spell)
80 Sanctity (sense, seize, levitate, and snake aspect)

This build focuses on staying in tank stance and burning down high hp targets with damage over time. I'll try to find a runed mace or polearm for more shield bashing. Snake aspect + Spiked Shield Bash + AMT + MPT does quite a bit of damage even in tank stance. Magery will help get through dungeons without having to fight everything over and over again.
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Weekly PD Builds

Post by Keighn »

Mine is pretty simple:

Dwarf for Dwarf vision, HP boost, booze, and if needed mithril (didn't use it this last time).
10% sanctity for seeing what's around me (i did use this even with dwarf vision)
50 dex
50 int + eating delicious salad (I"m a vegetarian dwarf)
Rest STR

100% Maces
100% tactics
10% sanctity
30% piety
76+% Divinity
Was considering some ranged but I never found any barbed weapons just some crummy ones to lure.

Gear, I went with Great maul and used tanking mode when I needed it. Earlier I used shield to build up str. Most gear was str orientated with the except of enough Vig for 20-30%.

Sword Golem made a good companion, bleed helped since I couldn't find a barbed. All in all it was pretty successful. I spent perhaps too much time crafting but that helped with stats as well. There was also a bit too much afk as I was watching TV.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Pretty neat build Keighn. Dwarf vision is incredibly strong on weekly since you never know what lurks behind the door/wall of a random dungeon.
Keighn wrote:Was considering some ranged but I never found any barbed weapons just some crummy ones to lure.
I've been thinking a lot about ranged weapons and the ability to fire a shot without switching weapons. You could have made a venomous ranged weapon and WoTed it to +8/+9.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

My build was simple too.

250 str/725 dex/25 int
90 sanctity
90 foils
50 block
30 piety
90 traps

90 foils for disarm, which is helpfull agaisnt 2x2
90 sanc for mirror inages, helps distracting a group of mobs for either fighting or fleeing and seize which is basically 1v1 PvE
30 piety for selfheal
90 traps for building your gear quickly
50 block for that x% damage decrease in and shieldbash in emergency sirtuations.

Misc
Inscription Got alot of sl scrolls for invis travel
Healing bandages for easy recovery at low lvl.
Get atleast 20 vig, and use dex gear.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Rumper wrote:My build was simple too.

250 str/725 dex/25 int
90 sanctity
90 foils
50 block
30 piety
90 traps

90 sanc for mirror inages, helps distracting a group of mobs for either fighting or fleeing and seize which is basically 1v1 PvE
30 piety for selfheal
50 block for that x% damage decrease in and shieldbash in emergency sirtuations.

Misc
Nice, love some foils builds, especially with sanctity. What race did you select?

My problem with foils + shield is that I feel like shields are blocking things that could be riposted. I'd select tactics with foils but that is a pain to train unless using a fighter weapon.

20 vig is overkill imo, especially with the 75 starting mana on weekly; but if you seize a lot then I can see how you'd need it.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

1[WoWz] wrote:
Rumper wrote:My build was simple too.

250 str/725 dex/25 int
90 sanctity
90 foils
50 block
30 piety
90 traps

30 piety for selfheal

Misc
Nice, love some foils builds, especially with sanctity. What race did you select?

My problem with foils + shield is that I feel like shields are blocking things that could be riposted. I'd select tactics with foils but that is a pain to train unless using a fighter weapon.

20 vig is overkill imo, especially with the 75 starting mana on weekly; but if you seize a lot then I can see how you'd need it.
Skeletun so I won't die of hunger, get diseased or poisoned.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Also you had reduced blood magic damage from say wyverns or any old xmp.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Also you had reduced blood magic damage from say wyverns or any old xmp.
Does it reduce damage from XMP? I thought it just meant it wouldn't heal the monster casting XMP.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'll have to check that. I'm unsure. But, that by iteself, is a good help since some mobs regen so much with with vampy attacks.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:I'll have to check that. I'm unsure. But, that by iteself, is a good help since some mobs regen so much with with vampy attacks.
I know for a fact that skeletuns make it so monsters casting XMP don't heal. It's very, very useful for hybrids with XMP.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I came up with a few high HP builds:

Draconian, Str 90%, Dex 10%
90 Axes (to be able to use cleave)
25 Polearms (better str/dex ratio and can use cleave)
90 Magery (useful spells: light, recall, blink, invisibility, clone. paralyse/charm/confuse may be good too)
70 Sanctity (useful spells: sense, cleanse, yeti stance, seize)
45 Divinity (useful spells: uncurse, power word pain, identify, protection)
30 Piety (heal self)
Build thoughts: This build is useful as a DoT fighter with a ton of HP. Using cleave after clone will let some magic casting clones deal more damage. Draconian will let you fly over water obstacles you may encounter in the dungeon without relying on sky blue potions. Cleave and Power Word Pain together will let you deal plenty of damage even in tank stance.

Dwarf, Str 90%, Dex 10%
90 Blessed Maces (thunderclap, reduced cooldown on greater heal self, divine hammer for +6 mace)
70 Block (spiked shield bash is a good alternate special)
100 Divinity (useful spells: uncurse, identify, protection, detect traps, banish, divine hammer, greater power word pain)
80 Piety (useful spells: heal self, curse disease, greater armour, greater heal self, improved fortitude)
10 Sanctity (sense is a useful spell that is worth 10 points imo)
Build thoughts: With Dwarf being able to make mithril armor and divine hammer making any blessed mace +6, an early set of good gear should be easy. Blessed maces can be swapped out for maces if you don't care about VM cooldown and rather have access to tank/berserk stance (remember you can use cursed uncurse scrolls to unbless maces).

Shadowfolk, Str 90%, Dex 10%
90 Longswords (to be able to use flurry)
40 Maces (better str/dex damage ratio and can use +6 divine hammers after cursed/unblessed)
100 Divinity (useful spells: uncurse, identify, protection, detect traps, banish, divine hammer, greater power word pain)
90 Sanctity (useful spells: sense, cleanse, yeti aspect, seize, snake aspect, astral travel, mirror images)
30 Piety (heal self)
Build thoughts: A tinted great maul flurry with sanctity aspect on is an amazingly strong combo. An addy great maul VF would probably be the highest damaging, but a copper great maul +6 would be easier to obtain. Yeti aspect is good for crowd control while snake aspect is good DoT (would be good to combine with a barbed great maul). Shadowfolk's shadowmeld ability can be used if your astral travel runs out in the middle of a large group of monsters.

Half Orc, Str 100%
90 Polearms (for bloodbolt, does the same damage as VOG/Chain Lightning now but uses Str instead of Int for damage)
100 Block (for tankiness and spiked shield bashes)
100 Tactics (for tankiness)
40 Divinity (useful spells: uncurse, power word pain, identify, protection)
20 Sanctity (useful spells: sense, heal. also you can train this higher for yeti or snake, then trim it back down and get to keep it as long as you don't reset aspect)
Build thoughts: This is a very tanky build that shouldn't have any problem even without heal self. Bloodbolt does great damage regardless of 1-handed or 2-handed weapons which makes a shield a good choice. Not to mention that trident is an awesome weapon.

Half Troll, Str 90%, Dex 10%
90 Axes (to be able to use cleave)
90 Polearms (main weapon and also to use bloodbolt)
100 Tactics (for tankiness)
40 Divinity (useful spells: uncurse, power word pain, identify, protection)
30 Piety (heal self)
Build thoughts: This is a versatile build that allows two different specials to be used. The half troll's HP regen is handy and the dual wield lets some really good tint combos possible (venomous/barbed, adamantium/vampyric, etc).

Here is a bonus stealth build:
Gnome, Str 25%, Dex 75%
100 Traps (for treasure chests, you'll have to bash or use skull keys for locks)
100 Stealth (running through the dungeon to avoid wasting time)
90 Shortswords (backstab and access to gouge and slice and dice)
30 Piety (heal self)
30 Unarmed (enough for sleep fist)
Build thoughts: This is a cheese combo build. Also works with half trolls for unique dual wields or half orcs for rage build. The trick is to have a machete and a UA weapon/gloves hotkeyed. Here are your two combo choices:
UA equipped first: stealth to enemy, attack UA to build rage, sleep fist, equip machete, back up, stealth to enemy, backstab for 20x damage.
Machete equipped first: stealth to enemy, backstab for 10x damage, equip UA weapon, attack UA to build rage, sleep fist, equip machete, back up, stealth to enemy, BS for 20x damage.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Dwarf, Str 117, Dex 83, Int 800 or full Int for max benefit from +15% Int brew (start as necromancer for free points in bonecrafting)
(Bonecrafting, not a class skill, doesn't count towards cap)
100 Necromancy (extra hp from crafted bone gear, useful spells: soul xfer, death missile, cone of acid, hail of bones)
80 Tactics (a little more tanky and it will help with melee staff attacks)
70 Magery (useful spells: greater light, speed, recall, invsibility, blink, lighter load)
70 Sanctity (useful spells: sense, cleanse, aspect of the yeti, levitate, sieze)
30 Piety (heal self)
Build thoughts: Use your hexblade until you find dark ritual and then use a fighter weapon to train tactics until you get death missile (CP). Get a shovel and start digging graves to create the bone gear, then you can dip that. Sense works great with seize and dwarf infravision should give you a great idea where to use sense.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Some treasure hunting builds!

Gnome, Str 278, Dex 697, Int 25 (this is close to the 25% str/75% dex ratio after 10% dex gnome bonus and 10% from the easily craftable apple pie)
The first three skills are pretty core on a treasure hunting build and they are 100 stealth, 100 traps, 30 piety. The remaining 120 point options for non-human are:
90 shortswords, 30 unarmed (access to slice and dice, switching to unarmed allows crowd control with sleep fist and 20x sneak attack damage if you're fast)
50 shortswords, 40 unarmed, 30 ranged (same as above but only gouge for shortswords, having a xbow/musket bound lets you fire without equipping)
50 shortswords, 70 sanctity (combat spells and utility with yeti stance, seize, levitate, and cleanse)
50 shortswords, 70 magery (utility with soul trap, mark/recall, INVISIBILITY, lighter load, and the incredibly useful blink)
40 shortswords, 80 divinity (combat spells and utility with power word pain, uncurse, identify, protection, banish, sword golem)
50 shortswords, 50 necromancy, 20 tactics (extra HP with necromancy and also soul transfer for light healing/damage over time, 20 tactics since 70 necro doesn't give much)
50 shortswords, 70 tactics (durable without giving up dual wield)
50 shortswords, 50 block, 20 tactics (durable and access to shield bash at the cost of dual wield, make sure to put shield spikes on for chance to bleed target)
25 shortswords, 95 foils (swapping to a foil after a backstab gives parry/riposte, works well if trained sanctity to yeti and trimmed it, can also disarm with shortsword)

Here are some experimental rogue/mage treasure hunter builds I've come up with:
Gnome (full int, str/dex from gear optional) 100 stealth, 95 traps, 70 sorcery, 30 piety, 30 unarmed, 25 shortswords (sleep fist + VAM or Vampyric Bite does great damage)
Human (full int, str/dex from gear optional) 100 stealth, 100 traps, 30 unarmed, 25 shortswords, 70 sorcery, 100 sanctity (useful spells: cleanse, yeti aspect, levitate, seize, snake aspect, astral travel, mirror images, turtle aspect, phase shift)
Human (full int, str/dex from gear optional) 100 stealth, 100 traps, 30 unarmed, 25 shortswords, 70 sorcery, 100 magery (useful spells: unlock, soul trap, speed, recall, blink, lighter load, charm, confuse, greater invisibility, clone, polymorph)
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Weekly/Monthly PD Builds

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Was able to beat the weekly/monthly server this month. It wasn't hard once I came up with a plan. You can earn some gold with crafting now, which I used to make plenty of SL scrolls when I needed them.

http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=OneI&serv=W - 15 hours to beat it. I'd say 5 hours were spent afk training block/Str, a few hours were spent crafting/prepping, and the rest was spent going through the dungeon. I crafted most everything and didn't spend time messing with loot or searching this time around.

Skeletun, 891 str, 84 dex, 25 int
Tactics 100
Polearms 90
Sanctity 70
Block 60
Piety 30

The main difference this play through was that once I was in the dungeon, I wasn't planning on coming back to town. Worked out well and I didn't have to return to the surface to resupply.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Here are some builds for those who may like traditional classes:

Fighter - Half Orc - 90 polearms, 100 block, 100 tactics, 60 magery
Fighter - Skeletun - 90 axes, 90 longswords, 70 sanctity, 70 tactics, 30 piety
Rogue - Gnome - 100 shortswords, 100 stealth, 90 sanctity, 30 piety, 30 unarmed
Rogue - Shadowfolk - 100 foils, 90 sanctity, 100 traps, 30 tactics, 30 piety
Mage - Draconian - 90 staves, 100 sorcery, 100 magery, 30 piety, 20 tactics, 10 sanctity
Priest - Dwarf - 100 blessed maces, 100 divinity, 100 necromancy, 40 piety, 10 sanctity
Monk - Half Troll - 100 unarmed, 100 sanctity, 60 magery, 40 divinity, 30 piety, 20 tactics
Necromancer - Bloodkin - 90 hexblades or staves, 100 necromancy, 100 magery, 30 piety, 20 tactics, 10 sanctity

Caster - Human - 100 sorcery, 100 necromancy, 100 divinity, 95 magery, 30 piety

It's easy to get some points in tactics if you get start as a fighter; easier to train magic outside of combat. Grabbing 10 sanctity for sense is worth it when looking for stairs.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Here are a couple of builds I thought up that should be pretty easy to beat weekly PD with:

Draconian - 90 maces, 70 sanctity, 70 magery, 50 block, 40 divinity, 30 piety
Dwarf - 100 unarmed, 100 sanctity, 70 magery, 50 necromancy, 30 piety
speed
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by speed »

Dwarf - 100 unarmed, 100 sanctity, 70 magery, 50 necromancy, 30 piety
My build is pretty close to this one: 100 sanctity, 90 unarmed, 60 magery, 100 stealth/traps/other, 425/425/150 str/dex/int

Monks need a 50/50 str/dex ratio, so a skill which increases dexterity is necessary. To be safe, avoid creatures that cast VOG, and don't take on more than one wyvern at a time.

You can probably trim the dex skill for hexblades and piety once you have enough dexterity.
-Speed(COG) = [Grandmaster Stafffighter idk...]
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

here's a challenge inspired by a keighn post: (hard to enforce/measure so it's a self imposed challenge)

peasant build
0% in all class skills
no magic
equipped weapon: anything that isn't a weapon
rely on consumables for healing and everything else
stat spread is 70% str 30% dex, which is optimal for non weapons
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:here's a challenge inspired by a keighn post: (hard to enforce/measure so it's a self imposed challenge)

peasant build
0% in all class skills
no magic
equipped weapon: anything that isn't a weapon
rely on consumables for healing and everything else
stat spread is 70% str 30% dex, which is optimal for non weapons
Oh wow, this would be a tough one. I think it would be possible. You'd have to get stats from non-class skills. Skeletun would probably be the required class because of the XMP resist.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

GOOOOOO PEASANTS!!

Yeah, looks pretty cool. I could play at the library to test it on PD. MammaJamma or whatever my alt with the frying pan is probably like that.

Nope.. she's a zombie summoner. Vooduo man!
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=MammaJamma&serv=PD