facebook and twitter

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: facebook and twitter

Post by Devlin »

Turtle wrote:you should configure your facebook settings to only e-mail you when you find appropriate. it's highly configurable.
It's not just about annoying emails, but their shady business tactics, such as frequent changes to privacy policies (and the subsequent reset of privacy settings to *public*)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

treos wrote:just saw this thread (was checking forums as its been a while since i last played >.> not that much seems to have changed this time) and given how much i dislike facebook for various reasons...no, i will not "like" the page, sorry but no. get enough spam mail due to registering there for like 1 day or so and am not going back again for any reason.
yeah I can't stand it either. I don't use it for my own personal stuff - I use it for strictly euo marketing. However it is a good way to get a message out to old players about new stuff. Not everyone checks teh forums every 5 mins like I do.
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

Egg, could you do something with your twitter so it automatically tweets when someone buys the 1.5xp bonus?

Thanks for stopping doing that with PD deaths by the way...!
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

kusofthevalley wrote:Egg, could you do something with your twitter so it automatically tweets when someone buys the 1.5xp bonus?

Thanks for stopping doing that with PD deaths by the way...!
Great idea: just implemented it - so now everyone playing euo should follow my twitter ! https://twitter.com/euotopia

Re deaths: it was actually broken :o I fixed it in order to get the above working, but it won't tweet unless the player who died was at least 200
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I just cracked 50 followers on twitter :2cool:

https://twitter.com/euotopia
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:I just cracked 50 followers on twitter :2cool:

That might have been me actually. What do I win? :D LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Master Stalker of EUO title?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

1[WoWz] wrote:
eggmceye wrote:I just cracked 50 followers on twitter :2cool:

That might have been me actually. What do I win? :D LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
I think you were 49th actually, if you are R S .. the 50th I know IRL

the problem with twitter is that I don't have enough banal shit to spam it up with while I'm being unproductive trying to sell fucking tshirts!
I have this self imposed twitter rule: no being negative about anything or complaining about 'my boring 1st world problems' that it doesn't leave much to tweet about LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

How about we host another event for an item (like the former Brazier.png) to hepl boost the Facebook page to 500+? :cool:

This may be of some use because lately I have seen many new comers and this obviously helps out the game.

*** Side note I re-read the first page of this thread and LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON'd so hard at reading
eggmceye wrote:Just posted all that from my tablet and it took ages... the things I do for this rotten game

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anyway- have a good day everyone :aus:

-Colt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I hate facebook and consider deleting the euo page but I think it might the best way to get old players coming back, rather than getting new players

I post a little on twitter https://twitter.com/euotopia so follw meh!! it's not often euo related though

I also actively collect pics on the internet of stuff on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/eggmceye/pins/
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

liked the page finally X-D you're up to 403!
"All things end in judgement."
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

BlackMage wrote:liked the page finally X-D you're up to 403!

Good! :geek:

-Colt
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Do you still check the forums every 5 minutes? Actually, hadn't seen much activity or haven't been paying attention. Thought you might be ill or loaded with work and overtime. Stressing the bills.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh still skim forums, but very lazy atm with reading properly and fixing anything. I did however do some very good changes to crypt wiz so will post all that soon.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That's good. I thought you were either ill or depressed or possibly so stacked with work that you had to neglect your hobbies? Or vacation.

People keep asking me what your job is and I shrug to myself and just say you work for an internet business. Honestly I have no idea.

Maybe you're like these villains in a bond movie with your cat on your lap looking for world domination.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

BUMP so I have a question, what would be required income wise to have some more development. I love this game and find myself on and off again every 6 months because I do what I always enjoyed then hit a lull.

I know coding and all that stuff I'll never understand is time consuming and left to only a few of you guys BUT! More people more money (get these people on pd, res stones make money!).

Is there any way to get euo advertised for free through players on Facebook? For example "entertain your nerdy ass" private group on Facebook I'm in, what comes from some simple conversation starters about a bad ass retro RPG? One person can't do this and get the exposure we need of course.

Rewards for people who share bad ass videos on EUO page showing cool mob desimation, that way when someone clicks the link it doesn't look like a nostalgia Facebook but an actual playable game (no hate just saying)

I don't honestly care if more people play but if that gets people paid to expand things more maps or whatever (I'd make some but yea no way I'm computer retarded)

Ideas? Thoughts? Is this totally out of reach? Im gonna start blasting Facebook anyway I need help with simple shit though like how to paste a link with an image so it doesn't look like spam/virus
†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

Update currently spamming the hell out of random retro game pages and have some people already asking me what's up with the game (and various slurs) but it's going well! LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... &source=48 that's a link to FB euo sight with screen shot. Have no idea how to post a picture while using my phone
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Basically youre going to have to make good entertaining videos to get the word out.

There are lots of NOW famous youtube gamer/gaming personalities out there. Reach out to them.

Here is an example of a new one i follow:

†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† »

Couldn't hurt to try. I'll email some people with some links and steal some screenshots and videos from the mainpage and Facebook page
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Anyone know Colt IRL? I messaged him on facebook to see if he'd advertise the birthday party on the EUO facebook page, but it probably ended up in the "other" spam inbox. :(

He should add others as admin if he is not active. :(
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D