New Weekly PD: revamp COMPLETE, totally roguelike

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

for a weekly pd ladder, do you prefer NG style level-less or alt-f2 levels?

NG no levels
70%
alt-F2 levels
30%

Total votes: 30

EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: New Weekly PD: revamp COMPLETE, totally roguelike

Post by EmoMage »

Kracky wrote:As it is it is
6 times to get it right.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Vault 29 with Ixgenkar the imp didn't seem to register as a vault guardian. Might want to make sure.

Seems like once you max your spell casting ability (ie class skills maxed or just plain 100% in a category); your intelligence doesn't increase anymore.

Maybe fix this so that any time you cast a spell int has a chance to go up.

Also, maybe since searching for useful stuff is kind of a brain activity, then a chance for each "successful" search to possibly bump up int.

Not a big deal but Necromancy teacher only comes out at night. Not sure if that is intentional or accidental.
I know why he/she/it only comes out at night. Heh, I'd only come out at night too if I were it.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Fun game!
Last edited by Djanno on Thu May 26, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Djanno :smoke:
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Typo: "... I have gavin to you ..."
20160521-180822.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

added winner list to scoreboard:
http://euotopia.com/scoreboardPD.php

interestingly, no one else has completed it. I was wondering if 3x stats is too good and maybe put it back to 2x (like NG)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

OK, someone else who had vampirism told me you have to relog. You get your abilities after. I was just too dumb to realize this and never hit shift c to see them. OK, kick away at vampy statues. :P
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

For some reason I lost ability to hide once, relogging fixed that too.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I finally finished it. My terrible time does reflect so much afk. (or is that the server time you finished... Me and Cruor walked in the chamber at the same time).

I've went and killed all the vault Guardians. Only Ixgenktar (Imp) did not leave an ear nor register on my ear kills. So... besides what has been mentioned already; no bugs.

Comments:
Rogue will get maximum stats the fasted.
Fighter + combo is probably the best bet for survival.
Mage - takes forever to get max skills. Actually, I still don't have maximum int (left str/dex at 25).
Necromancer definitely a must for a mage class. Hell, I'd use necro as a 2nd and if you have any left then get the priest mani.
Race; human for more skills IMHO. Though each has its perks. Dwarf with vision is a + and draconian is mega + for flying.

I think I found all the items except maybe ship in a bottle if that is in there. I didn't find each artifact but I found enough to keep me alive. I'm not sure if I found every statue or not. I wonder... does a Hearthstone work in an antimagic zone?

Was a great romp.

eggmceye wrote:I was wondering if 3x stats is too good and maybe put it back to 2x (like NG)
You can always try that on the next ladder reboot. I still don't know if the scoring in the end is how fast you did it or not? Do keep a perma best SCORES. People love beating the clock.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote:
Can't become a monk if you didn't start out as one. You can cast reset stance though so I suggest Reset stance grants sanctity points up to at least 10 or 15 or 20.
there is an ironfist recruiter near the res-circle stones, plus there is a way to get the watch
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote:
Seems like once you max your spell casting ability (ie class skills maxed or just plain 100% in a category); your intelligence doesn't increase anymore.

actually it will still bump your INT if you cast lvl 8 spells (which always bump int)
alternatively you can limit/trim your magery to anything sub 100 and if a spell has less than 99% chance to succeed your int will bump
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

UPDATES:
* removed vampire statue (may replace with npc in future)
* made Nevanevaland no-pvp
* fixed KPY so you can mark in no-pvp dungeons (eg nevanevaland)
* altho there is a way already to get the watch, added it to rarity drops to weekly only
* hopefully fixed brazier on ladder in the CA-cave
* fixed gavin typo
* fixed Ixgenkar not giving ear/coins
* being blind impedes searching most of the time

I'll think abt the stats value and wipe it soon, after making sure old winners are saved or something
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, I should have amended my post on watch and if recruiter. Total mind fart on the recruiter. And later I found out how to get the watch. Its a pity about the vamp statue as I know most people in a dungeon setting would have loved it. You basically avoided it after finding out you starved later on. Course, now that everyone knows about it, it made sense for removal.

Yeah, someone told me about the spell casting limit idea and I did finally notice an increase in int. The only other part was that lower down all you run into is blood wyverns. There's some tough mofo apocalpyse mobs that would have been great (beefed up perhaps on some) Glass dragons, mega fel mobs (those bastards are practically made of razor blades), void mephit and void balron, void dragons, void reapers, etc.

I should look and see if Mort posted the stats on thos mobs. I love custom engineered mobs (even found out the dragons were mega nasty).

On the lowest levels (for mage and probably others) it comes down to stealthing/invisibility to get to ladder guardian. Kill it via w/e method and get to next level rinse and repeat. The ending was a total surprise. I honestly expected something mega-nasty.

Other nasty ideas:
Instant reveal hidden/invisibility traps
More Death traps (or floor traps period)
Anti-magic zones

I'll tell ya. The water levels really brought me back to another random game (Dungeon Hack). Was a good thrill.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

taking out the vamp statue was the lazy fix, but since no cure (or maybe you kicked a 2nd vamp statue?) and since I forgot vamp-spells, I thought best to do it via npc (without the quest)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Later on I kicked as many as I could. Probably best out for now unless you really want to fix it. It was a nifty idea though like wolf form.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Just finished, took 11 hours of playtime but some of that was spent leveling spells/skills. Now that I know what to do, I could probably do it in half the time.

My thoughts:
-Really fun getting all the artifact drops, kicking statues, vaults, everything else.
-Getting lycan is really annoying, couldn't figure out how to cure it, had to make sure not to be in town on a full moon but hunting that way isn't an option really either.
-Had a bug where level guardian didn't spawn, had to leave and wait for a new random dungeon to spawn.
-Evil bunnies are killer on earlier levels, should be deeper in dungeon closer to balrons.
-VSL and stealth are really strong here, makes it easier to bypass a lot of levels.

It would be nice to retire characters from there onto NG (maybe if the quest is completed).

Also the ending is confusing, not sure if I'm stuck or if I can get out of the room with lord eggleton. EDIT: logging out and waiting until it resets you back to town works just fine
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

If you search all the items like trees, bookcases, etc you will find you won't have to worry about contracting lycan as the silver potion will appear. Searching was the first thing I wanted to try and was thrilled. Not every object is searchable (beds, alchemy benches, chairs, tables, bones, cow skulls, rocks, anvils, vanity mirrors, mirrors) but most stuff is (book cases, jugs, barrels, trees..).

Yeah, I hope a modified version of such becomes available on all servers. I might make a suggestion post of what I think could be possible to find but the weekly is pretty awesome. So many wands....
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

How about to give LadderBoss truesight ?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

SanJorge wrote:How about to give LadderBoss truesight ?
Not a bad idea. The truth is, stealthing through a majority of the levels is the fastest way to beat it. That's how I did it but I only resorted to that because I'd get lost and have to fight the same respawned monsters over and over again.

My suggestions to discourage stealthing through entire levels:
-Scrolls of mapping might be useful. I only found 1 or 2 so maybe make them craftable or more common?
-When entering a level, maybe you get a message "You sense the direction of the stairs down to be Northwest."
-Enemies don't respawn or are slower to respawn to encourage people to fight them.
-Smaller levels and/or levels that easier to get around, the water levels were difficult to navigate since a drake mount doesn't seem obtainable. Fly potions are nice, but I didn't get many of them. Rafts work but are cumbersome to get on and off every time while monsters are attacking you.
IGN: 1
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

What's wrong with stealthing? Seems like fast time would be a good thing. Or is xp gained the thing to beat?

The levels reset themselves too after a while, if you get an awkward one you may do better with the next version if you don't care about adding time.

Besides the flying pots, and making a raft, there are a couple of other things you can find to fly if you're lucky.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

When casting KOP it says "Recall failed. Try Remarking."

I tried several spots and it still fails.