Ideas thread 2015

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2015

Post by Keighn »

It's a nonmonk skill. Basically it represents gathering calm and insight to reach that inner nirvana peace and clarity. You can only "see" when sitting med. the sense ability works different for actual monks.

Even priests, mages, fighters, rogues, and jesters need clarity.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

That 5 seconds is quite fun, becuqse for most monk skills you need to mediate 3 to 4 seconds. Meaning getting 60 rage. Combine it with Astral Travel then we got another nice combo for the monk :D. I mean sleepfisting any mob from invis state is something that only occurs when highspeed hunting :D
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

In my opinion longswords and axes should do more damage than maces or at least attack twice as fast or something. Right now, there is no benefit of using longswords or axes at all, and i would love to be able to use claymores again effectively. On PD, after level 500 longswords and axes fall off HARD, it would be difficult to balance but it does need some fine tuning. :-S
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

make all fighter skills 90/10. boom. fixed. not hard at all.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wrong! Cleave comes to mind. Go pound on an epic shadow lord and see what progress you have without cleave (well back in 2013 I guess)

Oh sure there are rogues. Hammers and pole arms are heavy. Drop a knife and drop a hammer.... See what does more impact damage.

But if ease is 90/10 then I don't care. But changing base weapon damage is ridiculous. Now if there is a comparison of every game and historical vantage on damage of blunt vs blade please post.

I had created an idea for expanded weaponry lists and they were relatively equalized in damage.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Keighn wrote:Wrong! Cleave comes to mind. Go pound on an epic shadow lord and see what progress you have without cleave (well back in 2013 I guess)

Oh sure there are rogues. Hammers and pole arms are heavy. Drop a knife and drop a hammer.... See what does more impact damage.

But if ease is 90/10 then I don't care. But changing base weapon damage is ridiculous. Now if there is a comparison of every game and historical vantage on damage of blunt vs blade please post.

I had created an idea for expanded weaponry lists and they were relatively equalized in damage.
The thing about it is, if you go 3:1 with a dunmythic copper clay +9 vs a dunmythic copper great maul +9 the damage is considerably less, and also youre not even close to as tanky as if you were being 9:1. If all fighter weapons were 9:1, i feel as it would be balanced or as easy as it could get to balance. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a difference between weapon types just to where one isnt so out weighed by the other.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Hah, I never noticed base delay for longswords was same as for polearms and even slower than maces by 10ms.

So it should be true about Long Swords being up.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, I'm not entirely disagreeing with the 90/10 set up. It's better than 75/25 but the problem is old fighters set up for the 75/25. Easy solution is a Christmas item package to each alt for a free restat allotment. A jingle bell or something.

I forgot the other advantage for various weapons.

Swords for slashing daemon kind
Spears for piercing dragon kind
Maces for smashing undead kind.

Btw, we need a lance or some mega piercing weapon for dragon slaying.

Class based % makes things very much easier IMHO.

So
Fighter 90/10
Rogue 25/75
Monk 50/50
Mage n/a since staves are nonclassed ( which is awesome for a non class player)
Staff 50/50
Priests maces 90/10

What's necromancer weapons %

Maybe I should divide weapons by strength/dexterity/intelligence

ie maces 90/10/0

Anyone thought of pure wizard weapons?
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Keighn wrote:Well, I'm not entirely disagreeing with the 90/10 set up. It's better than 75/25 but the problem is old fighters set up for the 75/25. Easy solution is a Christmas item package to each alt for a free restat allotment. A jingle bell or something.

I forgot the other advantage for various weapons.

Swords for slashing daemon kind
Spears for piercing dragon kind
Maces for smashing undead kind.

Btw, we need a lance or some mega piercing weapon for dragon slaying.

Class based % makes things very much easier IMHO.

So
Fighter 90/10
Rogue 25/75
Monk 50/50
Mage n/a since staves are nonclassed ( which is awesome for a non class player)
Staff 50/50
Priests maces 90/10

What's necromancer weapons %

Maybe I should divide weapons by strength/dexterity/intelligence

ie maces 90/10/0

Anyone thought of pure wizard weapons?
Even if stats are 100% class based it would make it better and more convenient. It just doesnt make sense to me that youre a fighter but you are steered away from a weapon because its not the right ratio for you, even though your a fighter. :shock:
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Yes, I think the ratio's should be within the damage increase of weapon advantages.
Meaning, say you have a 75/25 ratio and you use swords to hunt undead, then when switching to tridents to hunt drags, damage should stay more or less the same.
Because you were using an optimal ratio weapon to hunt it's non-optimal targets. This should be the within a certain range of using a non-optimal weapon to hunt its optimal target. In numbers, with a 75/25 ratio you hit undead and dragons for 100 damage and hellspawn for 110 damage using swords. Using a mace with this same ratio would be able to hit undead for 100 damage and hellspawn and dragons for 91 damage. Using polearms to hunt using 75/25 should hit for 100 on dragons and 91 for undead and hellspawn.
This setup would provinde no additional benefits.

However if we set ranges on stuff like this we could get some interesting features.
Using a set ratio with an optimal weapon/target, your damage could be between 105 and 110.
Using a set ratio with an optimal weapon but a non-optimal target damage could be between 95 and 105.
Using a set ratio with a non-optimal weapon and optimal target (for weapon) damage could be between 100 and 105, effectively raising your min damage by 5 but not max damage.
Using a set ratio with a non-optimal weapon and non-optimal target (for weapon) damage could be between 91 and 95.

These numbers are strictly fictional and are used to give an idea.

If this were to be implemented, then there has to be a certain balance between ratio's. We could say a 25 point difference in ratio would provide no additional benefits, this is favourable for fighters because they have only a 15 point differnce in ratio's.

I hope you can make something out of this stuff, because I can't explain it well enough.

Btw necro is 10/90 str/dex
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Really? That's one freaky ratio for a Mage subclass. A rogue subclass I could understand. Foils used to be that way.

90/10/0 fighters is fine with me. My heavy slayers boss rush mode in a berserk fury using halberds or great mauls.

A more tank like fighter would be part priest and use a shield and whatever 1 handed weapon per type of enemy was convenient.

Again I'm thinking 2013 and haven't played in a while.

While on the subject I think silver should have a % chance based on damage inflicted to make the undead flee or be stunned. As is I use adamantium usually... Or did.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Keighn wrote:Really? That's one freaky ratio for a Mage subclass. A rogue subclass I could understand. Foils used to be that way.

90/10/0 fighters is fine with me. My heavy slayers boss rush mode in a berserk fury using halberds or great mauls.

A more tank like fighter would be part priest and use a shield and whatever 1 handed weapon per type of enemy was convenient.

Again I'm thinking 2013 and haven't played in a while.

While on the subject I think silver should have a % chance based on damage inflicted to make the undead flee or be stunned. As is I use adamantium usually... Or did.
Exactly, and i wish it were like this with all weapons, i have a few longswords and axes i would love to try but with how they are now i would have to make a fighter specially fitted for them. And not only that, they would do less damage and the character would be less tanky, atleast make them do more damage and be 75/25 to compensate. :-S
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

IRL one of the few advantages a sword has over other weapons is in it's agility and flexibility, that is the reason why it should be faster that other weapons.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, then that would be argument against all fighter weapons a certain percent.

One way or the other one group will be screwed either
Maces/pole arms or axes/long swords

Unless barbarian subclass comes into play but many think of axes and hammers for barbarians and pile arms and swords for knights.

Perhaps fighter stays as is and optional subclass
Knight uses 75/25
Barbarian 90/10

Both can use all fighter weapons but they function differently for the subclass.

It opens the way for special abilities and restrictions as well.

I'd say knights utilize shields more and perhaps parry or feint.
Barbarians berserk frenzy or something.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

What you are actually describing in more like a complete overhaul of classes which a few people would like.
I think a system like this could actually work.
So we got the 5 main classes: Fighter, Rogue, Mage, Monk and Priest
And every main class has different sub-classes:
Fighter -> Knight & Berserker; knights use shields and 1H-weaponry while berserkers use 2H weapons.
Rogue -> Swashbuckler & Assasin; swashbucklers uses foils and ranged weaponry offhand while the assasins use dual ss.
Mage -> Elementalist & Necormancer; elementalists can use a wide range of magics each with their attributes of nature while the necro summons undead and sows plague.
Monk -> Only monk but an added shaman or warlock as suggested could be quite cool. So monks use their inner power through their fists while Shamans and Warlocks release the limits in their body channeling huge amounts of mana through ritual daggers or guns while weakening their foes.
Priest -> Only priests but I heard that there is a chance (rumors) druids class could be implemented. So priests pray for the well-being of their comrades while druids channel the forces of nature and thus have all AOE spells.

But this makes this game actually less interesting that it is. The key that this game has is in it's skills system. A level based skillcapped (like NG) server would be off-charts. Multi-classing while not being limited to 1000 stats (2000 effective) is simply epic. Reason in my eyes why NG despite it's huge potential isn't that frequently visisted is because there is no sense in grinding. Only goal there is to search for elders, 2x2 and hybrids. Thus spending the majority of time hitting each and every mob once to check if it's a boss mob before swiftly passing through stealthed or invisible... That is after maxing out your stats and skill build.

I strayed off-topic
The advantage that swords have over maces/polearms is their damage type. But axes deal the same damage type and are faster (both 1H and 2H) and thus there is no reason to actually use swords. So maybe there could be a chance to debuff swords even more but make them able to parry/roll. This would be then the ideal tanker weapon. So every fighter wouldn't need 12 weapons in its arsenal but 16. (4 tints and 4 differents weapons).

Now for the monk OP-upgrade of the post:

Monks have a problem with AOE damage as in that doesn't exist. That is quite annoying but we got a monk alright :D
Would there be a chance to get a monk version of charge? Call it quick attack or something. Basically you designate an opponent using TAB and use the skill that could cost like 40 rage. After using the skill it would be a reverse seize basically. Instead of pulling stuff near you, you get close to them. But they may not be hamstrung. Using the skill in succession would work like a combo. First quick attack deals 1 damage while the second deals 50% AS and the third 110% AS. Each time you get on a different corner of the opponent. Like when using seize on an enemy that stands next to you. This could make dungeon bashing a lot more fun. (Provided one is using runed gloves). Skillfull usage of this skill let's you waste less time moving around and more time fighting.
ParadoxOfChoice
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by ParadoxOfChoice »

Some things that might help noobies:
[L]ooking at something suggests a list of interactions/keys (talk, activate, kick, etc.)
Base HP up or base stats or equips.. anything to add generally easy combat early, since interface/controls are being learned (even though this is a little boring for vets on new characters)
nventory - enter uses/equips selected item. this is used in so many games that almost everyone will try it

less useful: Default skill on [shift] for each class ?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Love POCs avatar.

On subclasses. Some of that I agree with. I think there is a thread about subclasses. I'll look for it and bring the conversation there.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

egg, please make a "=setpriceall #######" option for our merchants. i can't stand doing every single fucking item 1 by 1.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ok future classes should do for ideas.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Epic 2x2 or epic hybrids should drop only tinted items!

Monk upgrade corner:

Turtle aspect should be changed.
2 possible alternatives are:
- Scale aspect with lvl so that it gives lvl/4 MR and lvl/40 def
- Mitigate damage according to what one wears. For every monk class equipment one is wearing reduce damage received by 5%. So if one has a full set of Gi (torso, pants), cap, sandals damage would be mitigated by 25%. However if one was to wear a robe then he wouldn't get the 5% damage reduction. This is quite handy to offset quite low hp from the 50/50 str/dex ratio. Though we have the mirror images ability, after a ceratin amount of damage dealt to a 2x2 or hybrid it won't let aggro go to clones anymore.