Help Bring the Manual Up-To-Date!

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Help Bring the Manual Up-To-Date!

Post by eggmceye »

Severian wrote:A new set of questions:

[1] Can WoTs be used on leeching weapons?

[2] What effect does wearing a shield have for mages and monks? Specifically, does wearing a shield limit these classes in any way, and if so, in what way(s)?

[3] What effect does wearing heavy/medium/light armour have for mages and monks? Specifically, does wearing a heavy/medium armour pieces limited these classes in any way, and if so, in what way(s)?
1: wot on leech will always 'fizzle' and nothing should happen
2: block doesn't work with staff equipped, and shield nullifies the casting speed increase you get from staff. otherwise you get the mr/stat bonuses
3: no effect, but doesn't the def of the armour scale to your class anyway - eg fighers get full def from anything, rogues full def only from light, etc
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

eggmceye wrote:
Severian wrote: [3] What effect does wearing heavy/medium/light armour have for mages and monks? Specifically, does wearing a heavy/medium armour pieces limited these classes in any way, and if so, in what way(s)?
3: no effect, but doesn't the def of the armour scale to your class anyway - eg fighers get full def from anything, rogues full def only from light, etc
Yeah, it still does. I was just wondering if it affected anything else apart from that (def) and walking speed.

Thanks Egg.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm going to bump this in hopes of others continuing to help update the manaul. Last entry I did was fixing up some of the tints and clarifying gold tint. I'm sure there's still much work to be had in there and I haven't seen Chris online for a bit.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

How about on entry on farming and growing plants?
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

I fixed a misleading example on the advanced crafting page tonight, and am willing to sort out anything else if (a) someone tells me about it, and (b) I can prove it's incorrect/misleading myself.

Just post a message here or PM me.

Marcus
kusofthevalley
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm curious about racial benefits. Have they changed since the current postings in the manual?
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

Keighn wrote:I'm curious about racial benefits. Have they changed since the current postings in the manual?
They're up to date in the manual.
Riksta
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Riksta »

I'd like a manual editing account. I can definitely update parts of the manual and even fix some typos.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

email me - with yr current email address and preferred username and I'll set it up
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Because I believe in the manual. Le bump
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

just did a wad of edits but still a long way to go - still haven't put in necromancers properly :fp:
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

eggmceye wrote:
Severian wrote:A new set of questions:

[1] Can WoTs be used on leeching weapons?

[2] What effect does wearing a shield have for mages and monks? Specifically, does wearing a shield limit these classes in any way, and if so, in what way(s)?

[3] What effect does wearing heavy/medium/light armour have for mages and monks? Specifically, does wearing a heavy/medium armour pieces limited these classes in any way, and if so, in what way(s)?
1: wot on leech will always 'fizzle' and nothing should happen
2: block doesn't work with staff equipped, and shield nullifies the casting speed increase you get from staff. otherwise you get the mr/stat bonuses

wearing a shield stops monks from casting any specials
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Are necromancy and vampires relatively stable?
Is anyone who knows their shit about them willing write a page each for it in the manual?
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Minor edit:
The essential controls page that comes up when you press "?" in the client still lists "m" as meditate instead of "n" and doesn't have the current "view local map" command "m"

I don't know if this is an image like the help.png file, but formatting it so that the text is larger/fits the screen would help with the vision impaired. I have to squint a bit to read it as it is.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Do glowing embers still drop from fire dragons? According to manual they should, but helped a newish player farm for them, didn't get a single drop. Or were they only dropped from nightmares/fire foxes etc?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Try fire golems. I suspect they did once on Fire dragons but its pretty rare. There are better ways to get them if you have lots of cash. About the only hint I'll give unless someone else wants to be more giving.
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

No, I'm aware of the better method. This is for updating the manual - newbie wanted help farming embers, I took him fire dragon hunting - had no joy. Will update on manual. How about the other fire mobs? :p
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What wiki does manual use. I have been considering an off-line wiki and/or editable Pdf.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_wiki

These look simple and fun in theory. I sort of miss bubble.us for brainstorming (seemed slow).
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Keighn, its the same as what Wikipedia uses but super old :P

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Contents

I've already requested Egg adding some extensions to it, just waiting for when he has time/is motivated to do it.
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

I'd personally like to see more lore and descriptions added to the Races and Classes portion of the manual.

I'm not as familiar with the lore behind the races, I've only read scattered bits and pieces, recently of shadow folk coming from another dimension or something. Creating some kind of lore for these races might spice the page up!

As for Classes:

The mighty Fighter is a master of melee combat, utilizing weapons such as axes, halberds, maces and swords to defeat enemies. They serve as the front line of any party. Whether drawing an enemy's attention from their more vulnerable allies or cleaving through the tough hide of a dragon, the fighter come ready for any challenge.

The Mage is a master of the primal forces of magic. They bring with them a readiness for any situation. Whether it be paralyzing a rampaging ogre, tearing the ground open beneath an army of orcs, or summoning a powerful daemon to his side, a Mage is always prepared for whatever is thrown their way.

The stoic Monk has studied many years with their mentor and is ready to bring enlightenment to all of New Sosaria. Specializing in unarmed combat, a number of unique fighting styles and a kit of supernatural abilities, the Monk can be relied on to always throw almost any enemy off balance and turn the tide of a fight.

The Priest isn't just your typical holy man. They've put on the garb of war and now march against all that remain unholy. Acting as a crossover warrior and healer, the Priest brings much utility to a party. They are able to heal the worst of wounds and even cast away all monsters summoned from beyond the void. They specialize in fighting off the undead with their blessed maces, but that won't stop them from bringing down a couple hellspawn in the process.

The sly Rogue is the unseen dagger in the shadows. While the Fighter or Priest may stand in the front of a fight, the Rogue will likely make their appearance from behind, backstabbing their enemies before they even knew there was danger or firing at them from afar with a lethal bow. Rogues are also masters of security, able to pick the most difficult locks and notice where traps have been set. If there's killing and looting to be done, you'll definitely want a Rogue by your side.

The nefarious Necromancer might look pretty creepy digging up skeletons in the graveyard, but you'll likely not find a better suited killer in all of New Sosaria. From blood sacrifices to a hail of bone shards, the Necromancer is a force to be reckoned with wielding their ritualistic blades and dark magic.

Necromancer and Monk could probably use a little more work, I'm not very familiar with either of those classes... and only kinda familiar with Priests because of Piety being a mage skill back in the day haha.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)