PD Kraken

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

PD Kraken

Post by Zilverlight »

The Kraken has always been a super powerful creature, made for inspiring large parties to combat it. On PD however, this seems to be... unnecessary? The Kraken simply one hits anyone foolish enough to try to enter Shoreline (Which is a major quest town) preventing players on PD to level up and quest the way the game was designed to do.

I feel the Kraken would be better placed away from Shoreline and instead placed somewhere in the middle of the sea, or in a portion of the sea that is nowhere near a major town. (On PD if not on the other servers) This way players would be able to come and go through Shoreline without requiring to be lv 150-200+ just to survive reaching it.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Re: PD Kraken

Post by DrRude »

Zilverlight wrote:The Kraken has always been a super powerful creature, made for inspiring large parties to combat it. On PD however, this seems to be... unnecessary? The Kraken simply one hits anyone foolish enough to try to enter Shoreline (Which is a major quest town) preventing players on PD to level up and quest the way the game was designed to do.

I feel the Kraken would be better placed away from Shoreline and instead placed somewhere in the middle of the sea, or in a portion of the sea that is nowhere near a major town. (On PD if not on the other servers) This way players would be able to come and go through Shoreline without requiring to be lv 150-200+ just to survive reaching it.
I gotta admit, I've had to check my shorts once or twice while being on PD and coming around the bend to find the Kraken by Shoreline.

Does it always spawn by Shoreline or just sorta ends up there?
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

As far as I can tell it spawns at Shoreline in the exact same spot every time. Shoreline is inaccessible because of this on PD and sadly you have to walk to shoreline first before you can get the boat ticket from Shoreline to Kingswood. (So far as I remember)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I believe you can sneak in via Izumi.

If kraken is Niven then the book ingame makes no sense. I think egg went over this. Pity I can't play. I'd hook up with players via phone. MSG me and bam I'd have kalimari steak. Crystal coin baby!
ZUPS!!!!
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Keighn wrote:I believe you can sneak in via Izumi.
If you're talking about by boat Shoreline is only accessible from Kingswood and Mon-Ferrato. No dice with the Izumi connection...
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

You have to get both tickets (Shoreline - Mon Ferrato and Shoreline - Kingswood) from INSIDE Shoreline. Meaning you have to get past the Kraken to do so.

Kraken just needs to be moved. If there is a story about it terrorizing a town, create a small town in the middle of nowhere that has no ties to any quests and let it terrorize that one haha. I just think it has no place anywhere near a major city that prevents all but level 200-300+, or whatever it takes to kill it, from entering that city to do the quests.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

My bad. I meant Mon-Ferrato. You see... me not playing and my knowledge offhand is fading... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

All that needs to be done is fix its aoe radious effect so that those hidden or invisible aren't affected by it. I mean its a giant squid not god of the squids with lazer vision and telepathy. Shoud have been fixed ages ago IMHO.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Or just don't have it blocking a major city. Higher levels can stealth, invisible, read scrolls or use items that make them invisible. However, new players wandering around exploring can't. Not to mention, to enter a major city and to complete main city guard quests, you shouldn't have to be sneaking in and out of a town like Shoreline. Without stealth or invisible, your only option is to run and hope you make it. And being unable to enter that town cuts off major experience quests, such as the Minotaur Halls questline, and the KTOS Daemon quest. It cuts off your ability to acquire the grappling hook, (which is used for a Seftonvale guard quest) as well as the ability to purchase boat tickets to Mon Ferrato and Kingswood and the Mage spelltomes sold within. And the Lycanthropy cure quest has a branch that goes within Shoreline. This is just of my knowledge important features for Shoreline, making it quite an important city for the game. To have an "uber" monster blocking it off... You understand the point. It's not so much a matter of taking away it's truesight and super long range (taking me out from on the other side of the mountain range) It's a matter of it's position within the map, or being on the main map in the first place.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Welp, we know Rurik is back. Let the super mega whine fest begin.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Tink wrote:Let the super mega whine fest begin.
:heart: !!

Apologies to sound like a whiner. I don't often notice things that I find I feel could be beneficial if changed, the good way.

If you feel differently, you are welcome to post so! I'll try to keep a mental note to stop posting giant messages.
Riksta
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Riksta »

I just lost a character to the Kraken after getting frustrated that I couldn't continue my quests. I thought that maybe I could rush into Shoreline, but nope. Please change something to allow people to get into Shoreline.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Riksta wrote:I just lost a character to the Kraken after getting frustrated that I couldn't continue my quests. I thought that maybe I could rush into Shoreline, but nope. Please change something to allow people to get into Shoreline.
As stated previously in this thread (and others?), it is possible to get around the Kraken. For starters, it's not always there. Sometimes we get lucky and one of the demigod-status players comes along and kills it. As twisted as this may sound, I've lost characters to it, too, but I still think it's a great thing. Stumbling into that beast and managing to get away from it is definitely an adrenalin rush.
Riksta

Post by Riksta »

DrRude wrote:As stated previously in this thread (and others?), it is possible to get around the Kraken. For starters, it's not always there. Sometimes we get lucky and one of the demigod-status players comes along and kills it. As twisted as this may sound, I've lost characters to it, too, but I still think it's a great thing. Stumbling into that beast and managing to get away from it is definitely an adrenalin rush.
I don't see that anybody stated a way to get around the Kraken. If you mean getting to Shoreline via boat, it is my understanding that to even get the tickets, you first need to get in Shoreline somehow.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Riksta wrote:
DrRude wrote:As stated previously in this thread (and others?), it is possible to get around the Kraken. For starters, it's not always there. Sometimes we get lucky and one of the demigod-status players comes along and kills it. As twisted as this may sound, I've lost characters to it, too, but I still think it's a great thing. Stumbling into that beast and managing to get away from it is definitely an adrenalin rush.
I don't see that anybody stated a way to get around the Kraken. If you mean getting to Shoreline via boat, it is my understanding that to even get the tickets, you first need to get in Shoreline somehow.
Some food for thought:

1) Res stones are like toilet paper -- you won't give it much thought most of the time EXCEPT that instant when you need it the most... and being caught without it is gonna get messy.

2) Egg and the other developers may be diabolical bastards, but they are not heartless. Every problem has a solution. Some have more than one.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Can the Kraken reveal hidden/invisible players? Whenever I'm out of town I always try to be in sneak mode.
Riksta

Post by Riksta »

Bugbo wrote:Can the Kraken reveal hidden/invisible players? Whenever I'm out of town I always try to be in sneak mode.
Yea, it can. :abject:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

maybe simply removing the reveal is the answer
and maybe moving it spawn position slightly away from town?
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

eggmceye wrote:maybe simply removing the reveal is the answer
+1 and +1
Riksta

Post by Riksta »

eggmceye wrote:maybe simply removing the reveal is the answer
Sounds good!