Rare ingredients (especially for LotL characters)

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Catherine
English correct bastard.

Rare ingredients (especially for LotL characters)

Post by Catherine »

Just a general thread weighing the stuff that's hard / rare / almost impossible to find as a LotL character:

Khaki potions - seems only from high level chests, you cannot polypile these. Drop rate is orgasmically low - philosopher's stones are one of the hardest to craft items because of this.

Wands - Petrification, Transference - not on the high level chest loot, seems only from either (super super rare) boss drop or cartography. I got x2 of these from a level 6 cartography chest, so it's worth doing them all. Aka, seems a random chance a la artifacts, do all cartog maps. Drop rate is orgasmically low - currently at 3:1 drop for petrif / transference, having done 100+ maps. (Only a single artifact, but that's expected)

Gems - use a wand of deconstruction on peer gems, then polypile the rubies. Only real source of gems for LotL chars (chest drops are insanely rare, and forget mining for them, waste of time).

Spices - only drop from mino shamans -common, but worth noting for dragon rations.

Devil corpses - there's not many devil spawns in the game, using cartog maps & getting the hellspawn level (9 or 10?) is your best bet. - Used in cans of heroism. There's devil spawns in VoT, but not a great amount.

Crystal coins - realistically, there's no way a LotL char [non-fighter] can ever get these, apart from farming the Kraken.

Will add more, but -- khaki & wands of pet / trans are the rarest items ingame atm, as far as I can see. Put it this way: at level 575, I have x5 mystic essences (one used) and three artifacts but I've only been able to make x2 philosopher's stones and x3 rods.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Rare ingredients (especially for LotL characters)

Post by Onyxt »

Catherine wrote:Devil corpses - there's not many devil spawns in the game, using cartog maps & getting the hellspawn level (9 or 10?) is your best bet. - Used in cans of heroism. There's devil spawns in VoT, but not a great amount.
Level 3 of Farimonds Dungeon sometimes has a ton of devils, its one of the better ways to get them.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Catherine wrote:Khaki potions - seems only from high level chests, you cannot polypile these. Drop rate is orgasmically low - philosopher's stones are one of the hardest to craft items because of this.

Spices - only drop from mino shamans -common, but worth noting for dragon rations.

Devil corpses - there's not many devil spawns in the game, using cartog maps & getting the hellspawn level (9 or 10?) is your best bet. - Used in cans of heroism. There's devil spawns in VoT, but not a great amount.

Crystal coins - realistically, there's no way a LotL char [non-fighter] can ever get these, apart from farming the Kraken.
Hi, and welcome back :)

-Khakis can be polypiled from anything, really low chance tho, so bring alot to polypile.
-Spices can be gained by polypiling food.
-For devils, there are some in Anathema (Farimonds dungeon is good too). If you do alot of maps; lvl 12-13 has devils in them.
-For crystal coins you have the huge crab too. It wont insta-kill you in pd. The statue hunt works too sometimes.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Actually you can poly pile and get those items. Milk cows and get thousands of milks. Polypile the milk.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

MoonGoat wrote: The statue hunt works too sometimes.
what do you mean sometimes?
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Keighn wrote:Actually you can poly pile and get those items. Milk cows and get thousands of milks. Polypile the milk.

I did a test run on 500 milk, only got food items, so I thought the tables were locked.

Hmm, looks like COWWY is going to have sore nipples.

Did 3k milk. Results below - missing a load of apples, bread, fortune cookies, carrots and spices. So, overall, not a great method to fame, fortune or rare items - it is indeed 99.9% food items. Having 90+ fortune cookies did allow me to read them all though, which was a plus :)

p.s. I was hoping olives + hammer = oil :dancecow:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Catherine on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

eggmceye wrote:
MoonGoat wrote: The statue hunt works too sometimes.
what do you mean sometimes?
By "sometimes" i just meant when you have too many petr. wands or feel like spending addys.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

The chance for a khaki potion from polypile is about 0,166%:
1/25 chance for something rare to happen
1/3 chance this is a rare item
1/8 chance the rare item is a khaki potion
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Maybe being a monkey George is just luckier. I do know I filled the screen with Neutral animals while my golem killed the bad mobs. Yeah cowwy was sore.
ZUPS!!!!
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

you have 71 apples up there.

I don't know why you don't have bread.

fortune cookies aren't really a "food". it's a drop item type thing.

and spices isn't a food, so it won't be in that list anyway.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

EmoMage wrote:you have 71 apples up there.

I don't know why you don't have bread.

fortune cookies aren't really a "food". it's a drop item type thing.

and spices isn't a food, so it won't be in that list anyway.
Catherine wrote:
Did 3k milk. Results below - missing a load of apples, bread, fortune cookies, carrots and spices.

Given that I ended up with ~100 odd bread, 90 odd spices and 90 odd fortune cookies and 80 odd carrots (on top of what I already had), yes they're all products of this polypile table. As is the sextant & flame ward. (the 0.1% rare chance in action there). That isn't my 'f' list btw - it's just the tail end of my inventory; foods that I already had obviously were missing.
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

Finally got all my tradeskills on Ghworg up to 100 so I can now mythic things, then I went and looked at all my ingredients I have on hand. In over 600+ levels I have only 2 Orbs.... Not sure if Egg has upped the chance of Orbs dropping lately but not being able to craft them limits me to just 2 mythics. If anyone knows of a spot/monster to get a better chance at a NON-could be trapped-chest please say so. Thanks
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Kracky wrote:Finally got all my tradeskills on Ghworg up to 100 so I can now mythic things, then I went and looked at all my ingredients I have on hand. In over 600+ levels I have only 2 Orbs.... Not sure if Egg has upped the chance of Orbs dropping lately but not being able to craft them limits me to just 2 mythics. If anyone knows of a spot/monster to get a better chance at a NON-could be trapped-chest please say so. Thanks
Chests are usually the place to get things like orbs so if you can't open chests, of course you won't have as much of the hard to find loot. Do you pick up everything that drops because you may have overlooked orbs, a lot of people do.

I can think of a few ideas, you could try polypiling runes and rods and you might get orbs, it may or may not work, I've never tried it but looking at the polypile info on the forums it looks like you might have a shot..

Check ikea in dryden to see if they crystal balls, you could deconstruct them and get an orb. If you're LotL then this won't work.

Your best best is just to trade someone for them. If you're LotL then this won't work either.
IGN: 1
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Yeah I see orbs in chests a lot. If you're worried about a trapped chest read a scroll of protection and eat charred blue drag meat.
Djanno :smoke:
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

Does anyone know of a item that can be polypiled and have a chance to get a Orb from the polying ?

Yes I know that I could have protection+ blue dragon lightning resist, But I am the person with the kinda luck it would not be enough to keep me alive in the one in a million chance a trapped chest kills me. Unless/until Egg states for a FACT that protection+ blue drag lightning resist is makes me 100% safe from ANY trapped chest I would like more options to find orbs.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Have you considered the fact that anyone being able to open chests makes rogues far less useful? I've never heard of anyone dying from a trapped chest when they have blue dragon meat buff. It's -40% lightning damage, so if you're at 100% health, I don't see it killing you.
IGN: 1
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Kracky wrote:Does anyone know of a item that can be polypiled and have a chance to get a Orb from the polying ?

Yes I know that I could have protection+ blue dragon lightning resist, But I am the person with the kinda luck it would not be enough to keep me alive in the one in a million chance a trapped chest kills me. Unless/until Egg states for a FACT that protection+ blue drag lightning resist is makes me 100% safe from ANY trapped chest I would like more options to find orbs.
Just dont eat anything else while opening the chests. I once ate a carrot, got +1 NV instead of the resistance and died.
―Cave Johnson
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

1[WoWz] wrote:Have you considered the fact that anyone being able to open chests makes rogues far less useful? I've never heard of anyone dying from a trapped chest when they have blue dragon meat buff. It's -40% lightning damage, so if you're at 100% health, I don't see it killing you.
Even without full health you survive with the buff. The damage will be less than 100% of what your current hit points are.
Djanno :smoke:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

It seems pretty well established that blue drag meat will prevent you from dying from trap-electrocution.

The max electrocution dmg is 110% of current hp, but with lightning resistance, from blue drag I believe is 40%? the max damage you can get is 1.1*0.6 of current hp which is 0.66
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

as for orbs:
You can polypile rods and runes into orbs
plus I'm adding orb to tinkering next update