Crafting and Trade Skill Concerns

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Re: Crafting and Trade Skill Concerns

Post by Flamesoffire »

I actually had an idea about this once. Making it easier near end and what not. Wasn't the best of ideas, But hey, Here we go.

After you're done with a set, Say.. Just a plain ass +5 ingot. Well, That will get you from 35% to 80% (Provided you have enough.) Well, You've hit 80 now. But still have a metric fuck ton of +5 ingots. Well heres where the idea begins. 10% after you stop gaining exp from making a weapon. You start being able to make +6 weapons using +5 ingots. (Example: A +5 hoe takes 35 skill. Getting you from 35-55. At 65, You can begin making hoes +6) Giving you more options to raise skill. But here's the kicker. Each time you try to make a +6 weapon. You have a chance to "Ruin the weapons integrity" and you lose them ingots. Yeah, Getting the ingots is a pain, But at least this way, A) Ingots go a lot longer way if you have more then enough. And B) With this, Silver and Copper (10 items to make each) can get you to 100, And seeing as from 95-100 it's ven +5 only. This is giving you more then 1 option.

Also, Mithril weapons. (Way i pictured mithril isss..) Mithril can be a mix of copper and venomous.. But a weaker of each. So maybe 5% attack speed and less chance to poison. (I'd also like to see poison do something useful against monsters but this isn't the thread for that, But i do have several ideas for that), And have Mithril match venomous standards for crafting. Giving again, More options to get to 100.

Another bit, This one i dont see being used as often, But hey who knows, Enchanted weapons. Tired of that venomous claymore AM? Well! With this idea, Deconning enchanted weapons, Give twice as many +5 ingots! And yes, I've thought this over, No, I would not like it be end up being something where you decon an enchanted weapon and get enchanted ingots to make into a different weapon. Just get the +5 ingots. But still, Back to that claymore, Venomous claymore normally is 9 ingots. But an enchanted venomous claymore can be 18 ingots. That would save a bunch of time if your lucky.

Lastly, Something would greatly help, "Crafters Wand", A deconstruction wand that you can obtain that is basically like the GWoT of decon wands. Breaks just as much as a normal decon wand, But gives a higher chance to give back all ingredients, Allowing you to make those ingredients last just that much longer. Like a 50% chance to get back all the items you put into your item. Now i don't know about for you guys, But for me, Decon wands hardly last most of the time.. Mean shit, I had like 112 at one point. 940 or so deconned potions later, I had to go out and get more to finish deconning the damn near 2k potions left. That was damn near 1 in every 10 potions.. So keeping the high rate to break should be fair for that greatly raised chance to get back all ingredients. But, To make it fair, Make regular decon wands last longer. Cause those fuckers break left and right. Not even kidding, I have had 5-6 break in a row.

In conclusion. I am the Almighty Fawf. Read my words and.. I don't know. Eat a bagel with some cheese. (mmm bagels..) I don't care what you do.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

bring back old weapon smith with the same skill gain that we have now..... we can make plain weapons till (i think around about) 70's? then copper to 80, silver to 90, veno to GM. but they shouldn't have a +. that (IMO) is what made it such a pain to me. however........
eggmceye wrote:here we go!
vi) " .... where you could make shitty veno maces and bless them, enchant with IOY to make them +6, read cursed scroll of uncurse to unbless the mace, disenchant to +5, decon, and bam...+5 veno ingots" - I love this stuff, shame it got fixed. Such a good cheese. Let's put that back in somehow. Stuff like this makes the game interesting.
let's git 'r done.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Grunkk wrote:
EmoMage wrote:something else. bring back capture teh flag
Capture the flag still exists, in Izumi.

i know, i didn't word that correctly...

bring back capture the flag but with a twist*. i know it stilll exists, but put a twist to it so that we can win shit useful.
eggmceye wrote:

EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT, i got it.

people wanted to bring back use for gold.

in the university, where you can "buy" skill level till 50, after 50, be able to buy ingots that will get us to 55. after we've gained a few levels, it'll have new shit at the merchant we couldn't see before.

(kinda like enchanting (or other crafting) skills.) at 50 enchanting, i can only see what i can make at 50, not 51. so as we gain skill, we can see more to make.

DOET.
eggmceye wrote:

Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

EmoMage wrote:PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT, i got it.

people wanted to bring back use for gold.

in the university, where you can "buy" skill level till 50, after 50, be able to buy ingots that will get us to 55. after we've gained a few levels, it'll have new shit at the merchant we couldn't see before.

(kinda like enchanting (or other crafting) skills.) at 50 enchanting, i can only see what i can make at 50, not 51. so as we gain skill, we can see more to make.

DOET.
I actually like this idea, it's like buying your way to 100, yet you still have to put in SOME effort.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Finally, Kevin had a great IDEA.

WEWT
eggmceye wrote:

Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

It had to happen some day >.>.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

what, me and you agreeing on something? xD
eggmceye wrote:

Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

That, and you having a slightly intelligent idea. :)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

OHH yeah....

im so.... from a couple of weeks i was garthering all the stuff and Disenchant it, and deconstruct to rise skill and now i see all of this fkin work was useless now all the stuff i gather (+15 from armory and tailor) are crap and useless...TY egg..

all in all i just realized how deep in ***** I am right now.
Last edited by SiNeR on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

better kwitchurbichin and get to huntin.
eggmceye wrote:

SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

Em... i now relized that getting to GM some of skill will be even HARDER that it was before... you just deconstruct all 21, 22, 23 etc to +15 .... now you will have Mutch less ingredients from specific "+" to raise skill. For now if i understand it correctly we will need same amount +26, +27 as +15 was before... it makes it like x2, x3 harder????
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh I fucked that up

first goal was to make it easier, but then I thought about making it more useful by letting it go to +30 ... hence breaking it again

I'm putting the +5% per + back for time being, until I maybe scrap armourer
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

I think being able to create uncommon and rare items with crafting would be pretty nifty. Almost like crafting greens/blues on WoW. :whistle:
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:yeh I fucked that up

first goal was to make it easier, but then I thought about making it more useful by letting it go to +30 ... hence breaking it again

I'm putting the +5% per + back for time being, until I maybe scrap armourer
Being able to craft better items is a good thing. I think that crafting lower level things should still raise your crafting skill.

I believe crafting something at like 20% below your skill raises it, why not change it 50% below your skill raises it?
IGN: 1
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Why oh why would mithril be a weaker copper and have poison ? That sounds like it would not only suck but make no sense at the same time. Mithril is the Dwarven racial advantage, whatever fancy weapons that may come out of it should rival any artifact, otherwise it aint much of a perk.
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Ah it's the Dwarven Union Rep. .. looking out for dwarves everywhere since 2012
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:Ah it's the Dwarven Union Rep. .. looking out for dwarves everywhere since 2012
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. He works hard for Dwarven affirmative action. Most people try to keep their agenda on the down-low, but not Thane!

Also, here is a question: if some tints are so good that making them WOTable would be too strong; why not buff the weak tints or nerf the "strong" tints and make them craftable/WOTable?
IGN: 1
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

eggmceye wrote:Ah it's the Dwarven Union Rep. .. looking out for dwarves everywhere since 2012

I've gone easy on you :D been playing other games, fighting for Dwarven rights! I think my hard campaigning has won over the team for Albion, which will have Dwarves a playable race someday <3

Also, i've finished the boots for my set. Felmythic +5mr mithril boots. now for the rest..
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit