The level cap.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

The level cap.

Post by Onyxt »

What are the chances the level cap on reg could be lifted? Ever since I hit 450 on Sephiroth I've tried to work on alternate characters, but I dont have the same spark when I play Seph. I do play on him on occasion, but it seems like a waste since he cant grow in power anymore.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Re: The level cap.

Post by Flamesoffire »

I too would like to see it lifted. Sooner or later there will a A LOT of people who have reached 450, And begin bugging for a life anyway. Why not beat them to the punch and lift it. I mean i would love to play Flames more often. But being 450 and having no real point to hunt other then the handful of crappy items ill find, I lose inspiration to play him and call it quits. I do love my fighter. And would play a lot on a Necro when they come out. But nothing gives me as much enjoyment as Flames. In short, Would love to see it lifted.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I can't agree more. Even though my character is at level 351 as of today. I don't play as much because I'm afraid of hitting the level cap and not playing any more.

Why not make the level cap only apply to non-subscribers? If the person stops paying, they revert to level 450, once they start paying again, their level would be restored. It would be win-win.
IGN: 1
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

leave it to WoWz to get mad and start protesting. --it's like Raiden never left! xD

jk. love you kiddos. ain't seen y'all in a while. :D

I know i'm not even close to maxxing, but i'd like to see it get lifted, too, just because there are so many level 450's already.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Doesn't uh... oh what's his name have like 4 alts that are max at 450? God Nooooo I can't remember his name.. my euo memory I leaving... Severian.. that's it. Ask him if it should be recapped to a higher level. And I vote you all take more screenshots and post them. Maybe I'll get readdicted it certainly is always scratching in my brain like the end of Diablo... always crawling to grind.......
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

*cough* pd 2000 *cough*
eggmceye wrote:

Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

EmoMage wrote:*cough* pd 2000 *cough*
Get out of here. This isnt about PD
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

When the cap was implemented, wasn't the concern that there is not enough content to accommodate higher levels?

After the further implementation of hard mode instances, it seems more sensible to have a lift... But I don't get it, I have a hard time staying on for more than a week because I'm usually stuck grinding out CoS, not to mention if I were to get to a bit higher, it'd be Blood Moor. You guys must have fun just grinding, but I get burnt out easy looping around the same map all day.
~Mario
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

jumpstart wrote:When the cap was implemented, wasn't the concern that there is not enough content to accommodate higher levels?

After the further implementation of hard mode instances, it seems more sensible to have a lift... But I don't get it, I have a hard time staying on for more than a week because I'm usually stuck grinding out CoS, not to mention if I were to get to a bit higher, it'd be Blood Moor. You guys must have fun just grinding, but I get burnt out easy looping around the same map all day.
It's not about grinding. It's about the lack of motivation to play when you can no longer get more powerful. There is more high level content now then there has ever been. Since there is an increase in high level content with the potential for more (heroic blood moor anyone?) then there should be a higher/unlimited ceiling. No one is forced to grind when there are a dozen places to hunt at level 350+.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

1[WoWz] wrote:
jumpstart wrote:When the cap was implemented, wasn't the concern that there is not enough content to accommodate higher levels?

It's not about grinding. It's about the lack of motivation to play when you can no longer get more powerful. There is more high level content now then there has ever been. Since there is an increase in high level content with the potential for more (heroic blood moor anyone?) then there should be a higher/unlimited ceiling. No one is forced to grind when there are a dozen places to hunt at level 350+.
This is correct. I have probably gotten 3 levels on Sephiroth (the exp in the corner has cycled through a few times) and I've been casually killing things on him whenever.
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

1[WoWz] wrote:

Then this goes to show how our play styles differentiate.

I'm more of a player who just wants to experience most if not all the content, after that, I really don't care. This is one reason I couldn't stay into WoW, once I did a raid once, I had no interest of going back. Though I'd be lying if I didn't want to get the best gear, I just hated spending the time to do so.

You on the other hand, seem to be more motivated by playing and having your character more to show for it and to become more powerful. You're in the majority at least, I'm somewhat the same, but not as much. My motivation is to have fun, no matter what my goals are, whether that be leveling or just fucking about.

You say there is more content at 350+. I've been out of the loop for some while, so I don't really know what is available now for content as opposed to 3 years ago. And to me, while heroics do put a new spin on older dungeons, just don't cut it for me. With all that said, I can understand that I'm in quite a unique situation.
~Mario
Thedirtyking
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Thedirtyking »

I think we need the cap raised or eliminated for now at least,
With a heroic or epic BM u would need over 450
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

good thing there is no heroic bm then huh
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
eggmceye wrote:

jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

I say raise the cap.

That doesn't mean I take back what I said in the past entirely, I still think there should be more content, but I can understand that is easier said then done especially in a small game like this.
I find myself neutral in this situation because I honestly don't care, however I don't see any noteworthy downsides to no cap.

If a bunch of loyal players want to keep playing and enjoying the game, I think the best thing to do at this time is scrape the cap.
~Mario
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

eggmceye wrote:good thing there is no heroic bm then huh
Regardless of raising level cap or not, heroic BM would be awesome.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Hehe, remembering back when level 200 was the cap (I think)... :lesson:
Djanno :smoke:
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Egg should just make an addy coin item to raise the level cap for your character.

When I get to level 450 I'd pay 150 or 200 addy coins to keep leveling.
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

Djanno wrote:Hehe, remembering back when level 200 was the cap (I think)... :lesson:
So do i. I think it was Heikki that got that cap first in just a few months.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Content can be a bit of a problem. Making a map can end up a few ways.

1. Big and colorful and rather empty (more of a flower show)
2. Same as above with lots of written content (again more of a flower show but you have to really explore and use look and other commands)
3. A simple grindfest from beginning to end.
4. A grindfest with a good loop to do it again and again and again.
5. 3 or 4 with some mega bosses.
6. A Puzzle map utilizing your brain and well placed switches and patterns of using things or killing x to get further in the map.
7+ Some sort of combination of the above.

Naturally its nice to have a story line and more in a map but even drawing maps on paper (unless you just absolutely are in the zone) can be tedious. Filling it in with mobs and events and colorful text is even more taxing. One might get burnt out fast on grinding but the constructors can get burnt out even faster esp if they believe no one will appreciate the entirety of the map (and as P&P D&D simple map maker of yesterday I can say you usually want all your content explored)

I'm rather pleased EUO has all the maps that it does (although I do miss scrolling off a map in a horizontal fashion (no gauntlet maps I guess where red warrior can eat all the food).