Skill Cap

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Lion2301
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Skill Cap

Post by Lion2301 »

Could anyone please explain what skill cap is all about and how it is related to classes and class cap?
I am at level 35, reached the "skill cap" and cannot raise any skill anymore. How come others are grandmaster in 10 or more skills?
eggmceye
hello

Re: Skill Cap

Post by eggmceye »

http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Cl ... _to_Skills
1. Class specific skills belong under one of the following categories: Fighter, Mage, Priest, Monk or Rogue
2. The highest skill from a class category determines the class %
3. The maximum total combined class % points is 125% for humans, and 100% for non-humans.

For example, if you have stealth at 20%, magery at 50% and longswords at 30%, then you will be 20% Rogue, 50% mage and 30% Fighter.

The Skills belonging to each class category are as follows:
Fighter skills: Axes, Blocking, Longswords, Maces, Polearms, Tactics
Rogue skills: Foils, Locks, Ranged, Shortswords, Stealth, Traps
Mage skills: Magery, Sorcery
Priest skills: Blessed maces, Divinity, Piety
Monk skills: Unarmed combat, Sanctity
Lion2301

Post by Lion2301 »

Thanks, I've read this chapter but still don't understand how it is realated to skill cap and why I cannot raise skills anymore.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Example: if your locks (rogue) is 40 and your swords (fighter) is 85 and your cap is 125 (125 for human) then your skills will refuse to raise (because rogue 40 + fighter 85 >= 125) - so in that case either choose between rogue or fighter - to be a fighter trim your locks and whatever rogue skills you developed to 25 or less and then your fighter skills will start going up again.

post a screenshot of your skills tab and we'll figure it out (tho I'll be going to bed soon so someone else may have to explain)
Lion2301

Post by Lion2301 »

OK, the figure is
Fighter: 87%
Monk: 21%
Rogue: 15%
Priest: 1%
and here is my skill table:
20130603-184342.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

Yeah so, you have 87 + 21 + 15 + 1 = 125 class points which is your skill cap.
So if you want.. say GM fighter, you need to trim other skills
If you do /myskills (use pageup/pagedown to scroll through it), it will show what skill is of which class on the left
'other' skills are classless and don't require skill points to GM
Crafting skills like alchemy, enchanting, mining etc are classless so you can GM them on any character

do /limitskill and /trimskill to know how they work

The skill cap can be raised by meditating at shrine of versatility (You will have to find it first) if you are human. (2% per level)

Happy hunting! :)
Lion2301

Post by Lion2301 »

OK ,now I understand that there a some skills that are related to classes and others that are not.
However, there seems to be a bug in the game: I have reached the class cap, but sometimes the system won't let me raise a non-class skill like alchemy, especially when being in a dungeon. After leaving the dungeon and restarting the game, it is possible to raise the skill again. That is also the reason why I did not understand the skill cap rule.
Did anyone else realize this?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Anyone can have any number of 100% in General skills (really no cap but all are limited to 100%)
Cooking
Enchanting
Tinkering
Fishing
Cartography
Meditation
Armourer
Weapon smithing
Tailoring
Mining
Woodcrafting
Staves
Item Lore
Healing
**Maybe something I missed.

It only applies to CLASS skills.
Fighters:
Tactics
Block
Axes
Long Swords
Polearms
Maces

Rogues:
Locks
Traps
STealth
Foils
Ranged
Shortswords

MAges:
Sorcery
Magery

Priests:
Blessed_Maces
Piety
Divinity

Monks:
Sanctity
Unarmed

Use /trimskill (skill name) on the skill you want gone and it'll go back down to 0.
/limitskill (skill name) will limit it so it doesn't raise. try /limiskill unarmed 0 and make sure unarmed is 0 and see if it raises.

You were probably getting the red message due to class skills being over the amount 125% and it is just making sure you know. Its not really a bug but a reminder.