Leveling Guide (Regular Server)

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

on lolpatrol

Leveling Guide (Regular Server)

Post by 1 »

This is a rough guide to leveling on the regular server and this is going to be an extreme work in progress. I'm open to suggestions, so let me know if you'd like me to add something.

Levels 0-39
-Do as many guard quests as possible; starting at Nordhaven Jail and Nordhaven then going to all towns until they get too hard.
-Buy spells and abilities and train them as high as possible.
-Invest in a good weapon (vampyric/adamantium/blackrock/copper) and gear (defense for everyone, vigour for spellcasters, nightvision for rogues).
-Consider joining a clan and ask for help completing high xp quests (K'van, Sceptre, Under Ogre Town).
-Check the merchant search for everything you need http://euotopia.com/msearch.htm or ask your clan for help.
-Go to Nordhaven Lighthouse, Cassandra's Tower, Bayside Ruins and Kurz-morder to hunt goblins/headless/ogres if you want to dungeon bash.

Levels 40-79
-You should do the Lycan cure quest and all the stone quests if you haven't done so already.
-Get more defense gear to take on Minotaurs at River's End, Minotaur Halls, and Netherterra.
-Try hunting Imps at River's End and Anathema (requires white stone), get some MR in place of defense if they're too hard.
-If Minotaurs and Imps are too easy, consider switching to heroic minotaurs and imps or switch to regular dragons in Tangled Forest, Dead Forest, Minotaur Halls pit.
-Daemons are also good to hunt if you have the MR to resist or cut down the AEP (hold) time.
-Try forming parties with players between levels 40 and 79 to take on harder monsters and maps.
-Consider getting taming to 100 and getting a dragon pet, they make hunting other dragons much easier.

Levels 80+
-You are no longer restricted to hunting with players 1-79 so try to befriend players that are higher levels so you can hunt together.
-Regular dragons should be easy but don't be discouraged if you're still leveling off of heroic imps and minotaurs.
-You can also hunt Shadow Warriors and Mages at City of Shadows if your defense is decent.
-Once regular dragons get too easy, try shadow creatures in Deja Vu or blood creatures in Bloodmoor.
-Partying is a fun, easy way to get xp; if you get invited by a much higher level player, accept the invite and do your best!
Last edited by 1 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Leveling Guide

Post by Turtle »

I think a great goal after level 50 is to hit 500 MR and begin fighting daemons. You will get XP much faster than against minotaurs, and around level 50 it is easy to grind them. At level 64, MR +4 becomes available too.

I think the transition from minotur to daemon is the first time MR becomes important. Since most late game mobs (except SWs) are casters, this is a critical stepping stone.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Leveling Guide

Post by Keighn »

Perhaps the guide should state that this is toward REG play and not PD or NG. Just in the title. Leveling Guid [REG SERVER]. Because the rules are way different on some aspects for pd.
on lolpatrol

Re: Leveling Guide (Regular Server)

Post by 1 »

I just added something about hunting daemons. I'd personally rather hunt heroic imps instead of daemons though. Daemons can get out of control if they summon daemon and spam AEP. If you have the MR to deal with multiple daemons, I think you should be hunting blue, green, and white dragons instead.

I also updated the title to reflect that this is for regular server.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Cool. Maybe If I have time I'll start a Leveling Guide for the PD server. Mostly because some of those guys are friggin CRAZY. :psychotic: :rebel: :knife:
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

What should a player solo around lvl 200?
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

Turtle wrote:What should a player solo around lvl 200?
Depends on gear and class. I would probably say shadow creatures in Deja Vu would be a good choice for a high powered player or even the first half of bloodmoor. Otherwise I would say the dragons and shadow dragons around City of Shadow walls would be a good choice.

At level 200, leveling is much easier in a party doing Bloodmoor, heroic Anathema, or heroic City of Shadows.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

I agree with the party thing, but unfortunately I don't party all that often.

I'm at the point where dragons are easy, but I can't MR resist anything tougher than heroic whites. So, I can only take 1 shadow mob at a time. I should retry BM now that I have mani/vas mani though. Thanks.
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

Turtle wrote:I agree with the party thing, but unfortunately I don't party all that often.

I'm at the point where dragons are easy, but I can't MR resist anything tougher than heroic whites. So, I can only take 1 shadow mob at a time. I should retry BM now that I have mani/vas mani though. Thanks.
Based on this I'd recommend the heroic blues and heroic white dragon section of Heroic Anathema and also City of Shadows walls (non-heroic). Good luck.
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

I am currently testing this guide on PD so far with good results (starting out as a human priest and switching to rogue priest at level 75). Priests and fighters are durable at lower levels so this guide may not apply to rogues, monks, and mages on PD.
roadkiller64
BBQ ABC <3

Post by roadkiller64 »

Thank god i found this !

Just what i needed thanks so much !
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

roadkiller64 wrote:Thank god i found this !

Just what i needed thanks so much !
You're welcome. Remember, hunting in a party gives bonus xp!
IGN: 1
Gildur
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Gildur »

If you are capable of using a shield, grab a blackrock towershield and do some shadow/blood warriors, they are great exp and you will block most of their hits. The only downside to this is that they cleave, so you need at least 50 in healing to cure it and survive.
my God, it's full of stars...