Ideas thread 2011

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Ideas thread 2011

Post by eggmceye »

how to post in this thread
Keep it short and to the point. If you write a wall of text I will not read it. The shorter the better.

Post like this:
KingDavid wrote:Polearms should be able to attack two squares away.
or like this:
Heikki wrote:Shadow warriors should hit harder (Do about 150p damage per hit) and allso have high AS (For break players defence). Maybe immune to wound/bleed?

They are slight easy compared to xp gain now.
Heikki wrote:Regeneration ring broke too often IMO.

Maybe they should act like ORB ---> Decay on death?
(see this one got implemented - such a simple idea/fix and so concisely expressed)

There is no need for any superfluous text like 'jee what I'd really like to see' or your theories about whatever - post your idea in 10 words or less. Here is a bad example - sorry Rusty:
Rusty76 wrote:I'd like to see some way to securely trade items from player to player. I was buying ore from Kracky and had dropped my gold on the ground. He dropped the ore and I picked it up. I saw the gold dissapear so I assumed Kracky picked it up. Later Kracky came to me and asked me for the gold for the ore. I trust Kracky so I know he is not trying to cheat me out of more gold. Kracky looked through his things and was unable to locate the gold. So I figure one of three things happened: 1. The gold was left too long and disappeared, even though I don't remember the gold being on the ground very long. 2.Kracky misplaced the gold. or 3. Someone came by while invisible and swiped it.

I could care less about the gold, that's not the issue. The issue is that I don't know what happened. I think that there needs to be a better way for players to give items to each other than by dropping them. Maybe a command like ctrl-t that would let you select an item in your inventory, specify a quantity, and offer it to an adjacent player. Then that player would have to accept the offer with /take or something like that. Keep it simple, no need to develop a trade screen or anything. Just a simple mechanism to securely give items to another player.
All that was needed was:
secure trading between players
I do actually read this thread from time to time when I feel like putting in some random new thing I haven't thought of myself, but I shit you not, if I see more than 4 lines I go straight on to the next post, if not the next page.

Also discussion is ecouraged. If you like or don't like an idea say so and say why. I read all the replies about ideas, especially if they are short. Often the replies are better than the original ideas. So discussion is good, just keep it concise.
eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2011

Post by eggmceye »

here, I made a thread about 2010, in hindsight
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4195
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

plans for 2011:
Don't actually have any plans right now, but I'll happily speculate:

- would really like to finish the mining/digging maps, but don't know how to take them in the direction I want
- selectable or tintable av heads - something LM started that I should finish, but am ware of how technically successful it might be, and whether the effort will be worth it
- expand farming, seed + rare seed drops, more crops
- brewing beer
- currently trying to write some more books
- will probably add a new class
- will probably finish up skeletuns - unsure about golems
- want to add a sub artifact that is randomly generated - to fill the gap between basic enchs and low arties
- rouges are due for a revision
- revise & expand tinkering
- more materials (thorium, better glass, whateverium)
- dropped recipies for artifacts you can make with blacksmith/armourer/woodcraft - this was part of the huge crafting revision, but wasn't implemented
- ship improvements
- continually fix and tweak the shit out of everything as I have done for the past nearly 8 yrs
- toilet paper
swifty
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by swifty »

Happy new year. crit rate for non tinted weapons is still pretty low.
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

A way to move house bankers like you can the containers.

Stones to summon the pet untrainer and pet tome giver

Throwing this out there again - Map CO's in the top left corner so you don't have to scroll up to see em.
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

eggmceye wrote: - rouges are due for a revision

I love you.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

make skull keys quite rare and have them open + disarm traps and normal keys for opening chests

(maybe able to craft skull keys with alchemy - bones and some other rare stuff?)
Angelus

Post by Angelus »

Morpheus wrote:make skull keys quite rare and have them open + disarm traps and normal keys for opening chests

(maybe able to craft skull keys with alchemy - bones and some other rare stuff?)
+reusable for a set number of locks, say, 10-20.
* angelus (52) Mage/Priest
* Jeremiah (36) Rogue
* Angelus (27) Rogue
* HunterAlpha (24) Fighter

coming soon?: Warren, Monk.

Q: Why don't lesbians make good cooks?
A: The always eat out. b-ZING!
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Angelus wrote:
Morpheus wrote:make skull keys quite rare and have them open + disarm traps and normal keys for opening chests

+reusable for a set number of locks, say, 10-20.
Crafting skill involving bones. Bone weps, armor, useful items.

Lower cooldown on crafting after you GM skill.

Higher bonuses for Tactics.

Fuck mad hoodrats.
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Allow other items to be bought like arrows from the npc merchants. ex. enter 1 arrow, shift 10 arrows, tab 1000 arrows.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

pet command for pvping: /sick <name>
spoiled
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

bonus exp for hunting in a party of 5 all in one clan.

offhand orb/book/lamp artifacts

confusion spell for pvp
WildWolfofDark
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by WildWolfofDark »

In-game card game. Creatures drop cards at 0.5% rate, you can duel with random NPC's, possible PvP card games with wagers. (Yes, lots of work...)

GM's can craft -some- weak glass items.

A 'repel' spell that pushes an enemy back and possibly damages them if they run into something. (If it is another creature, they both take some damage)

<B>urned/<B>urning status. Fire attacks do small damage over time, similar to poison, but faster.

Maybe add elemental damages like fire, ice, wind, and earth with separate resistances.

Maybe a random dungeon generator like in NetHack, Diablo, or Crossfire RPG for exploration. (Random caves, houses, etc)

Vampire race (probably thought of). Can't be out in the sun without taking damage, must follow LOTL?

Perhaps purchase of mercenaries.

Equip-able pets (giving them weapons, make sure glass still breaks)

Robes/cloaks get their own equip slot, such as shoulders.

Spiked tint. Gives +1 AS/Damage and chance to bleed. Maybe spiked armor as well for 'bite back' damage.

Random attacks on Nord by low-level enemies. (Adds to the list of mini-games)

Guild CTF of cities and other places. (Some PvP if you join the CTF, others you fight NPC's.)

Monthly MapEd competitions for some addy coins, if the maps are good. (Map-pack, not just one map)

[Edit]

Overhaul on skills. Somehow right now you can pretty much max out one class skill and get 100% in a class. Fighters primarily use a fighter weapon, tactics, or block right? Rogues use search, unlock, foils/ranged/shortswords. Mages use Sorcery and Magery.
The max one class skill should ever give is 50%, and that's for mages. Can't be 100% in a class if you only have knowledge of one weapon, now can you?
Forsaken, alone, betrayed...
WildWolfofDark

Post by WildWolfofDark »

Back again. Let's talk Classes...

I won't go into details about spells or abilities unless Egg wants me to.

Bard - Instrument weapons (wood and metal), probably Dex based. AoE (Area of Effect) spells/buffs. Item Lore bonus.

Beastmaster - Whips and slings probably. Dex based. Summoning spells. Taming bonus.

Samurai - Oriental type weapons (katana, naganata, etc.) Str based. Very similar to a Fighter.

Ninja - Oriental short weapons (wakizashi, kunai, etc) Dex based. Similar to a Rogue but would move faster in shadows.

Juggler - Thrown/ranged weapons. Dex based. Due to years of practice (skill %), possibility of 'grabbing' a ranged item before it hits you.

Elementalist - Staff weapons. Int based. Elemental spells such as a firewall?

Puppeteer - Non-combatant, uses puppets to fight for them. ??? based. Uses two puppets to fight for them, gaining XP via puppets. (Puppets go in hand slots)

Artificer - Specialized thrown weapons, such as bombs. Probably Int based. Needs materials to create its weapons, maybe timed bombs for traps?

Valkyrie - Spears (of course). Must be female. Str based? No idea on abilities yet.

Marksman - Ranged firearms (Remember the musket?) Probably Dwarf-only. Dex based.

Demon Hunter - Uses 'bane' weapons (Firebane, frostbane, etc) Str based? Bonus damage to demon-types?

Yes, some of the ideas have probably been posted before, sorry if they have.
Forsaken, alone, betrayed...
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Lost crocodile hunter quest - Kind of a pain in the ass. Maybe, Expand prides fall. Make it larger somehow or something. And add a boss crocodile that drops the body. Maybe make him x2 that of a boss crocodile? Perchaps?
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

'Ready' hotkeys that work well for dual wield and shields.

Ideally, you could be able to set up a whole suit optionally including weps, armor, rings, shields and one hotkey would switch all the items at once.
Xarxias
How do I attack?

Post by Xarxias »

Sortable bank and containers, just like the inventory.
WildWolfofDark

Post by WildWolfofDark »

An up to date manual that is kept up to date.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

that's just snide
Angelus

Post by Angelus »

but true!
* angelus (52) Mage/Priest
* Jeremiah (36) Rogue