Ideas thread 2010

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Dolus
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by Dolus »

Keighn wrote:2 new rogue weapons:

Blackjack/sap (think of the old sock with nickels in it) 1d4 (bludgeoning dmg) (backstab weapon albeit used to the head) 90% concusion (sleep effect like IZH) 50% str 50% dex
How about a sap special move? Only usable while stealthed, sleeps a mob for 10 sec or whatever, and doesn't break stealth. You can only sap one mob at a time, and if it takes any damage the effect is removed.
~SF~
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ~SF~ »

You mean where if the mob takes dmg, its not doubled by the sleep effect? If so, that would really be the only option. Else rogues would be backstabbing and 1hit killing most anything...
"A rose by any other name is just as sweet... but there is only ONE twinkie!"
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

Flamesoffire wrote:And un-ided artifacts dont glow till its ID'ed either?

"A flash of light appears as you identify the item: You've identified a (Insert artifact name here)!"

Yeah?

No?

Maybe so?!?
They glow before id'd
~Mario
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

jumpstart wrote:
Flamesoffire wrote:And un-ided artifacts dont glow till its ID'ed either?

"A flash of light appears as you identify the item: You've identified a (Insert artifact name here)!"

Yeah?

No?

Maybe so?!?
They glow before id'd
no he was thinking that an artifact should only glow after being id'd
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Yeah, As a reply to cursed items only glowing red once they are known to be cursed.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

When searching through chest instead of just stacks of gold how bout bags of gold?
TheCrusher
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by TheCrusher »

When searching through chest instead of just stacks of gold how bout bags of gold?
How about when you open a chest the gold just goes into your inventory, like when you're killing monsters and you just get the gold. That way we dont gotta dig through all the pots and items to get the gold and then drop the items all over?
Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Broden »

Rogue stuff.

Tint/materials for lockpicks. Depending on the material, it can increase the rate at which attempts are made, add a bonus to the locks skill, other fun stuff like adding a temporary 3 second bonus to defense and MR (for picking locks while something is attacking you)

Remove probes for disarming traps and replace with cool/fun messages for how the trap is disarmed.
(rough examples of random messages)
*You pick up a twig off the ground and brace the trigger mechanism from springing.
*You pry off a magical scarab prevent the ward from triggering.
*Pouring sand into the faceplate absorbs the poisonous liquid inside.

The messages can be random or tied to a specific trap.

i.e
Paralyze trap
disarmed = You pick up a twig and brace the trigger mechanism from springing
trap activates = You are pricked by a needle laced with a neurotoxin. You are unable to move.

Lightning trap
disarmed = You pry off a magical scarab preventing the ward from activating.
trap activates = You suddenly convulse from a massive jolt of electricity and smell burnt hair.

Blind trap
disarmed = Using your lockpicks, you gentle pry out a small vial of sulphurous ash.
trap activates = You hear the sound of glass shattering followed by a blinding flash. You can't see.

--Revised--
Last edited by Broden on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

No offense but after reading all that it seemed to me your just trying to make rogues funnier but less important. That chain of traps owning you is the only reason why anyone bother's with traps. Hell even rogues dont wanna deal with it. Making only one trap per chest just makes traps a useless skill unless its added to EVERY chest.. Just my opinion though.
Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Broden »

Flamesoffire wrote:No offense but after reading all that it seemed to me your just trying to make rogues funnier but less important. That chain of traps owning you is the only reason why anyone bother's with traps. Hell even rogues dont wanna deal with it. Making only one trap per chest just makes traps a useless skill unless its added to EVERY chest.. Just my opinion though.
No offense taken :)

Thank you for explaining your thoughts on my post. The impression you got from it is the opposite of what I was going for. I have been playing a rogue recently and have found using the skills of locks and disarming traps to be kind of lack luster. Since these are some of the main abilities of a rogue, I was trying to come up with something to spruce up/make more interesting than just pressing "s" then pressing "j". For example, Wizards get the spell effect (visuals and sound) when unlocking and I think warriors get to bash the box a few times with a sound effect and visual hit when successful (it's been a while since I play a fighter so I might be wrong)

As for trap chains, I find it hard to believe that is the only reason you play a rogue. The reason I started one is for hide and duel wielding weapons :) However, I understand the point you made about my suggestion of the single activation of traps devaluing rogues.

I will revise my post. Depending upon coding, if the first trap is determined when the chest is spawned, then my other suggestions could still work. If you do not mind commenting further, what is your opinion on removing the need of probes for disarming and using messages when disarming?
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

Well, Its not the only reason. Rogues are just fun to me. But i also take pride in the badass rogue i am. The only way ive seen anything to change traps, Is if you do get auto killed, That will be the final trap. Being killed several times by the same trap is rather annoying. But i dont understand they do need a bit of excitement added to them. Thus why alot of people dont wanna deal with doing them. Ive done traps several times on PD and even then all i can think is "Meh... Time to do traps --;"

Edit: After talking to Broden, It would be nice to have a alternative to probes. So like his idea said, You can use said twig to disarm the trap. But it comes with a chance to 'break' the trap. Forcing you to have to open the chest to disarm the trap.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

While looking up the armory for the umpteenth time I came upon the thought that a new format for the display of players and their info :? . Basically :

Name : Level # : Class %/%/% : Avatar :pi:

This would stop me from constantly having to return to the armory page over and over :lesson: and then selecting players to see which would be good for partying with :jam: . Seems better than asking for some kind of auto-party function which would be most likely hard :? if not frustrating :evil: to come up with.
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

:angry: :mrgreen: :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: :? X-D :-S :twisted: :-| :knife: :knife: :knife: :knife: :dancecow: :icecream: :2cool2: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :icecream: :lesson: :uhh: :uhh:
Angelus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Angelus »

:-S X-D :D :) :smile: :( :shock: :? :cool: :mad: :P :oops: :cry: :twisted: :roll: ;) :-| :mrgreen: :uhh: :cow: :cow: :psychotic: :no: :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: :rage: :abject: :--;: :nightshade: :o :heart: :lesson: :chill: :knife: :rebel:
* angelus (52) Mage/Priest
* Jeremiah (36) Rogue
* Angelus (27) Rogue
* HunterAlpha (24) Fighter

coming soon?: Warren, Monk.

Q: Why don't lesbians make good cooks?
A: The always eat out. b-ZING!
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Great idea guys, Remove all smileys...
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Magic Lock Picks - Opens any lock regardless of skill level and still gives skill boost.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

so basically a skull key that gives a bump
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Well I was thinking it'd be similar to the magic magnfying glasses, but when you say it like that..it seems to good.
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

magic magnifying glasses dont give skill. do they?
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

ibrowniedefender wrote:magic magnifying glasses dont give skill. do they?
They do