Monthly PD ladder - soon to be a weekly ladder

Permanent Death and No Grind specific discussion goes here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Monthly PD ladder - now LOTL

Post by eggmceye »

I'm not really sure what the problem is .. you're no longer invincible? :shock: don't you get bored not dying once every couple of hrs
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

death is about the only thing that keeps ya goin on PD(you know you're gonna get dicked from pawnshop/carto ) ...speaking of which I SPENT 8 MILL AT PAWN SHOP BEST I GOT IS IJO HATCHET! Spent 2 mill on nothin but +1s once!
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ijo hatchet is good, right

... getting more MR won't help you once you are fully resisting (ie resisting 75%)

actually my original idea before the always letting at least 25% dmg get thru was this:
you don't get xp if you didn't take dmg from the mob you killed (or some variation like no xp if yr def and/or mr is so high you won't take dmg)

I might put the max resist up to 85% and then ban anyone who still complains ... how about that!

You can't win with morpgs - they are a utopian, but flawed concept. Your char should die of old age on reg.
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

God mode would be cool!!!! Not really. I still die plenty when I push my limits, but it is more fun now without having to res quite so often. And yes, you can't please everyone, and you really shouldn't try. I think you have already done a good job with this game. I didn't mean I had a problem with the way it is, just commenting on someone's post.
Last edited by L1ndaP on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I still say there should be an extremely hard assed server but egg is right; people like their utopian easy society.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

Here's how I've always seen it.

People hitting level 1k = time for a wipe. New players don't want to play! "Omg he is a thousand fucking levels higher than me what kind of chance do I stand" So new players->find a new game..simple logic. Once then hit about 30 on reg(if they play) towels getting thrown in because there's people over..400 is it? I haven't looked in a while but do remember being slightly repulsed by the sight of it. Bottom line?

-WHEN 'NEW' PD CAME UP THERE WAS 10 PLAYERS ON STEADY
-THERE WAS NO LADDER
-IT WAS A FRESH START, COMPETITIVE AND FRIEDNLY TO NEW PLAYERS

It's not like the current PD has to go to shit, can't the plyr saves be backed up? Right now euo just kinda sickens me -no offense meant- but it seems it does for almost everyone. I don't see lvl900 happening for me, whats the point? I really think we've needed a fresh start for a while. "NO WARRANTY ON PD" <- thats askin for it

oh and IJO hatchet I guess is ok, but I wouldn't pay 8-10 mill on it...was just playing around to see what I'd get...more than 7mill went to +1s...I think I dropped everything but 2 items, drags drop better
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it pleases me that someone who is barely 55 on reg wins the pd ladder!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You know, I don't see the huge problem with people that have 800, 900, 1k in levels for the main ladder. They want to spend all their time in a game let them have a small reward of being on a ladder. I think its been like that for ages. The montly ladder is there for others (albeit LotL only). Seeing someone at lvl 1k and then saying fuck the game is just pure envy eating at your heartstrings. If anyone would even think about quitting would be those that grinded to that point.

Threaten to erase characters for too high of a level, too uber of items, or not playing is just going to erradicate your paritioners.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

wishIwasDM wrote:Here's how I've always seen it.

People hitting level 1k = time for a wipe. New players don't want to play! "Omg he is a thousand fucking levels higher than me what kind of chance do I stand" So new players->find a new game..simple logic. Once then hit about 30 on reg(if they play) towels getting thrown in because there's people over..400 is it? I haven't looked in a while but do remember being slightly repulsed by the sight of it. Bottom line?

-WHEN 'NEW' PD CAME UP THERE WAS 10 PLAYERS ON STEADY
-THERE WAS NO LADDER
-IT WAS A FRESH START, COMPETITIVE AND FRIEDNLY TO NEW PLAYERS

It's not like the current PD has to go to shit, can't the plyr saves be backed up? Right now euo just kinda sickens me -no offense meant- but it seems it does for almost everyone. I don't see lvl900 happening for me, whats the point? I really think we've needed a fresh start for a while. "NO WARRANTY ON PD" <- thats askin for it
While the newer players may not get on the scoreboard, they can achieve those high levels if they play long enough. Rather than I wipe I would suggest enlarging the scoreboard to at least the top 25, after all regular has the top 100.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

if it all it boils down to is getting people off the scoreboard then you just gotta bribe those guys into retiring

in my current state of mind about mmorpgs & levelling, I think a reg scoreboard and even non lotl pd scoreboard sends the wrong message
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How about a good behaviour scoreboard?
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

I can only say try it, when PD came up it was booming -- plenty of retired players who've got sick with reg hopped on for months(hawk example) with all the new changes/ladders/tinted artys...you can't mathematically measure enthusiasm, but it would attract more players. What more can you gain being high as shit level anyways? Ion's doing pure lotl alts now cause it's BORING
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

There's always EGO. Maybe EGO + LOTL.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightbringer
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Nightbringer »

Blackthorn wrote:First, congrats Beldragon on x2 ladder wins.
Thanks, though there is barely anybody doing the ladder seriously anymore. Seems like nobody's doing this month's ladder either.

January? Bug, perhaps?
Raiden
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Raiden »

You can recycle the name if the character dies, and it will retain the award badges. Look at ion's alts for example.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I believe what he's impling is that he won the December ladder and that badge should be labelled December and not January. Easy fix I'm sure.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
FatAdam
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by FatAdam »

I won the very first ladder and everyone hated my guts for it. That ladder winner is my main character now. I'm better than everyone and I win the game?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't like bringing up crap but you won that from joining a party and sucking xp from someone else. Hell I recall Rush even raising an eyebrow.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

congrats ted/khelben !
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

eggmceye wrote:congrats ted/khelben !
Cheers!