Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Ideas thread 2009

Post by wishIwasDM »

health dropping/uber suckage usually = big clue
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Grue »

Here's an ironic twist that would be neat to encorporate . . . for weapons with the XJ enchant . . . if you're fighting something that is in the water ( sharks, serpents, 'gators, etc ), and they change into a rat, the rat drowns. :lesson:

May not be feasible, but just a twisted thought that came up.
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
Zellon
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Zellon »

I have a couple ideas. I don't think they're totally needed or anything... but it'd be nice to have them.

Caverns while mining: Sometimes while mining you open up a cave in the mountains. Very similar to treasure map caverns. You'll find zorns inside and see random piles of different kinds of ore. Maybe gems and gold nuggets too. I don't know if there should be a chest or not. These caverns should be more rare than gold nuggets. Maybe for every 10 nuggets, 1 cavern? Needs high level mining to reach.

Throwable weapons: Currently, fighter is the only class without ranged weapons. I think there should be weapons you can throw. This would give items like daggers and cleavers more reason to exist. You should be able to throw pretty much any weapon. The lighter the weapon, the farther it gets thrown and less damage it does. Maybe you should be able to throw ore or maybe rocks should be added to add a low level throw item. Throwing would allow better use of offensive potions. If throwing is added... perhaps there should be a ring of throwing or something to increase throwing distance and power. Throwing should probably be classless.... either that or make ranged classless. Then we wouldn't have to worry about throwing. This one needs some thought for sure. It needs tweaking. Ammo for ranged is incredibly easy to make and find. Throwable weapons are harder to make and harder to find. Ammo is also a lot lighter.
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Zellon wrote:I have a couple ideas. I don't think they're totally needed or anything... but it'd be nice to have them.

Caverns while mining: Sometimes while mining you open up a cave in the mountains. Very similar to treasure map caverns. You'll find zorns inside and see random piles of different kinds of ore. Maybe gems and gold nuggets too. I don't know if there should be a chest or not. These caverns should be more rare than gold nuggets. Maybe for every 10 nuggets, 1 cavern? Needs high level mining to reach.

Throwable weapons: Currently, fighter is the only class without ranged weapons. I think there should be weapons you can throw. This would give items like daggers and cleavers more reason to exist. You should be able to throw pretty much any weapon. The lighter the weapon, the farther it gets thrown and less damage it does. Maybe you should be able to throw ore or maybe rocks should be added to add a low level throw item. Throwing would allow better use of offensive potions. If throwing is added... perhaps there should be a ring of throwing or something to increase throwing distance and power. Throwing should probably be classless.... either that or make ranged classless. Then we wouldn't have to worry about throwing. This one needs some thought for sure. It needs tweaking. Ammo for ranged is incredibly easy to make and find. Throwable weapons are harder to make and harder to find. Ammo is also a lot lighter.
Both sound pretty sweet. :cool:
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

if you could pick up throwable weapons after you throw them then it would be easier to supply yourself with ammo. Perhaps there should be a % chance that the thrown weapon will break when it hits and be destroyed.

I really like the mining cave idea, maybe you could have the same thing with woodcrafting too.
Zellon

Post by Zellon »

Oh yeah! I forgot about the % chance to lose thrown weapon...

I like the woodcrafting idea. Would it be a hole in a big tree or something? :?

EDIT: I also had an idea about having a prospecting tool of some sort so you can see what ore a mountain tile contains before you actually mine it. I thought it would be useful because having to drop all that unwanted ore all the time is a hassle. Thing is though, You wouldn't get as many gems and nuggets because you wouldn't be mining every tile.
Last edited by Zellon on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Assailant »

Zellon wrote: I like the woodcrafting idea. Would it be a hole in a big tree or something? :?
Probably a chance of chopping down the tree and you find a secret hole under it or something. Possibly even it being a "fake" tree somehow. Let the imagination run wild
Zellon

Post by Zellon »

Assailant wrote:
Zellon wrote: I like the woodcrafting idea. Would it be a hole in a big tree or something? :?
Probably a chance of chopping down the tree and you find a secret hole under it or something. Possibly even it being a "fake" tree somehow. Let the imagination run wild
Whatever it is... there should be wisps in it. Unless there is sentient beings inside... I don't know if random log piles would be realistic. I bet a few of those magic casting trees (I forgot the names) could have a good home inside.

....Maybe some caches of nightshade...? :nightshade: X-D
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

How about the tree turns out to be an ent and he drags you to a secret glade to beat the living snot out of you with his woodland pals.
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

1) How about using old inactive alts as opponents instead of deleting them. I think about a "town of lost souls" or something.
2) Enchanted arrows and bullets.
Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Grue »

LordMortiferus wrote:1) How about using old inactive alts as opponents instead of deleting them. I think about a "town of lost souls" or something.
OUCH! . . . can you imagine some of the great lost souls from this game . . . some of those in the high hundreds of levels, coming back to haunt us like that . . . both cool and scary at the same time.

I'll stay active thanks . . . I wouldn't want to see what this game could do with my meager character . . . I would probably be extremely surprised by the outcome.
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's an interesting concept - but the only chars that ever get deleted are under lvl 10, so it wouldn't be like some AI Akyla kicking yr ass
Blackthorn
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Blackthorn »

Some kind of bird monster that drops feathers you can craft (tinkering? woodcrafting?) into quills.

The ability to craft blank scrolls. (from logs? with woodcrafting?)
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Turkeys! Or get flaming quills from phoenixes! The paper making idea has been suggested before... its a good one though.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Zellon

Post by Zellon »

LaughingCoyote wrote:Turkeys! Or get flaming quills from phoenixes! The paper making idea has been suggested before... its a good one though.
Maybe there could be scrolls that can only be inscribed with the phoenix quill? That'd be pretty cool.

I like the paper idea... 30 gp a pop coupled with the fact that incription is one of the slowest craft skills to raise... you have yourself a pain in the ass. At least inscription never requires more than a blank scroll... Enchanting may raise easy... but getting all those shards is a pain. (Especially for non-mages who have to use IMJ scrolls...)
Khelben
on lolpatrol

Post by Khelben »

30 gp per blank scroll is a good money sink in my opinion.
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

Good money sink and one of the easiest to train.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

L1ndaP wrote:Good money sink and one of the easiest to train.
Yeah it should stay as is. Blanks drop in piles of 6-10 so I don't see why they even want them to be craft able.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

It's nice when everything is findable and craftable tho. And eventually if I ever get around to it, inscription would require all sorts of fancy inks and papers as opposed to what it is now.
Zellon

Post by Zellon »

Inks and such? That'd be pretty cool. It would, of course, make things a little more complicated... Whatever. Maybe inks could be craftable via mortar and pestle? That'd be pretty neat too.

How is inscription one of the easiest? I'm sorry... but when it takes around 100 blanks to raise you little more than 1%... that's not easy.