Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Post by KingDavid »

I've kinda always liked how unsecure trading is in EUO. I think it makes players act with some decency or else end up being shunned by the community.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

KingDavid wrote:I've kinda always liked how unsecure trading is in EUO. I think it makes players act with some decency or else end up being shunned by the community.
Seconded.

I'd like to see the title system rewritten. It's a major annoyance when certain titles take over others. So how about a command based system, which lets you to choose the title?

An example: A guy with 30 in meditation, 90 in longswords and 100 in inscription writes /title or something:
/title
Available titles:
Neophyte Stoic
Master Slasher
Grandmaster Scholar
/title Neophyte_Stoic and the dude would be known as a Neophyte Stoic.

What say you? :psychotic:

:uhh:
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, I've kind of thought of a small idea. Basically someone could make a small minimap or amend one of the other maps (like betting ring) that has lots of guards and a bank. I wonder how hard it would be to had some sort of area effect (true seeing) in the area that's always on. This would be an ideal place to trade. The banker would ideally be standing with nothing around him so people could get on all sides of him. I think that'd allow a maximum of 20+ people to bank at a time.

xxxxx
xxxxx
xxbxx
xxxxx
xxxxx

Corners might now allow banking so perhaps it'd be more like:

.xxx.
xxxxx
xxbxx
xxxxx
.xxx.

b=banker, x=bankable spot, .=can't bank.

Also, betting ring should not cause permanent death(like arena if on pd). No ressickness from death in betting ring. Betting ring should be moved to somewhere people might actually use it (personally i'd put it where the well is in Nord as that is a very central part that everyone would see). Should be some guards in betting ring to notice theft of gold or items placed for bet. Naturally, no crim from striking other people as that'd just piss guards off.
ZUPS!!!!
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Rogues with high dexterity should be able to dodge some spells (Like fireball and lightning)

Maybe new rogue skill "Evansion".

1) Skill 100% gives base dodge chance 10%
2) +1% dodge per 100 point in dex

So:
Rogue with Evansion 100% and Dex 1000 would have 20% dodge chance against some spells.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

There should be map in regular server where best monsters drops max:
def 7, Weapons +9 , nv 5, mr 5, vig 20 and stat up to 40 items...

- Death in that map cause permanent death.
- No res stones and restore in regular server.
- Players under lvl 75 can not enter map.
- Players in party can not enter map with other players town portals.
- All players that get killed in map gets his/hers name to "Hall of fame"-board in Nord :)

Good way to reduce high lvl players in reg server :mrgreen:

Joke of day:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Heikki wrote:Rogues with high dexterity should be able to dodge some spells (Like fireball and lightning)

Maybe new rogue skill "Evansion".

1) Skill 100% gives base dodge chance 10%
2) +1% dodge per 100 point in dex

So:
Rogue with Evansion 100% and Dex 1000 would have 20% dodge chance against some spells.
Seems like it'd be better as a generic skill IMHO. This would be a pretty tricky skill to get up I imagine as how are you going to train it, get hit by spells all the time for the increase?
Last edited by Keighn on Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

get hit by spells all the time for the increase
Yes.. I thought something like that

Joke of day:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I wouldn't mind seeing some armour of spell absorbtion or reflection as well. "RIGHT BACK AT YOU MR SHADOW LORD."
ZUPS!!!!
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

I wouldn't mind seeing some armour of spell absorbtion or reflection as well. "RIGHT BACK AT YOU MR SHADOW LORD."
I totally second this!

Joke of day:
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Rusty76 wrote:I'd like to see some way to securely trade items from player to player. I was buying ore from Kracky and had dropped my gold on the ground. He dropped the ore and I picked it up. I saw the gold dissapear so I assumed Kracky picked it up. Later Kracky came to me and asked me for the gold for the ore. I trust Kracky so I know he is not trying to cheat me out of more gold. Kracky looked through his things and was unable to locate the gold. So I figure one of three things happened: 1. The gold was left too long and disappeared, even though I don't remember the gold being on the ground very long. 2.Kracky misplaced the gold. or 3. Someone came by while invisible and swiped it.

I could care less about the gold, that's not the issue. The issue is that I don't know what happened. I think that there needs to be a better way for players to give items to each other than by dropping them. Maybe a command like ctrl-t that would let you select an item in your inventory, specify a quantity, and offer it to an adjacent player. Then that player would have to accept the offer with /take or something like that. Keep it simple, no need to develop a trade screen or anything. Just a simple mechanism to securely give items to another player.
It would be nice to have a secure trading system.
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I agree, secure trading would be nice, but there does seem to be a failsafe already with npcs around. I suppose this comes into question when trading in clanhalls and houses or on the continent.
Last edited by Keighn on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZUPS!!!!
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

secure trading is one step closer to Evil! what next? 8 character length passwords? including numbers? ingame bank passwords? one or two things might be ok... but just dropping is very nice to be able to do
spoiled
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

poply wrote: what next? 8 character length passwords?
Passwords are already 8 characters. X-D

I don't have any problems with the current trading "system". If you're worried about security, then trade by an NPC who will notice when people pick things up.
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

accidently posted twice, my bad.
Last edited by Rufio on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Cirrus wrote: I don't have any problems with the current trading "system". If you're worried about security, then trade by an NPC who will notice when people pick things up.
But if someone were to jack your items/gold :rage: , the GMs have to look to see if the trade really happened, find who stole it, blah blah blah really it takes like a month to get the trade that could of took 10 seconds than to risk it. :shock: But i kinda see where you are coming from.
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Keighn wrote:Rufio, why do you even care? Considering you're a blatant thief yourself, why do you care?
...Thanks Keig.
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Shadow warriors should hit harder (Do about 150p damage per hit) and allso have high AS (For break players defence). Maybe immune to wound/bleed?

They are slight easy compared to xp gain now.

Joke of day:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Shadow Warriors do 5d12 (5-60 dmg) and Blood Warriors do 11d12(11-132). So you're saying they should be more powerful than that. You want to unbalance various maps that have shadow warriors already in them (and I'm not alking about City of Shadows or DF).

I can understand the bleeding thing. Then again, it has never been officially stated that shadow creatures don't have blood and are just weird beings from some other plane (though Ultima lore will in fact tell us that Shadow Lords were the epitome of anti-virtue and a being that was just not meant to be killed normally without a specific ritual).

I could honestly see the following being immune to bleeding:
Undead
Golems
Creatures of Pure energy or unknown magical substance(as per shadow essence).

AS to the xp per creature, well perhaps that needs to be tweaked. From the old dat I've organized mobs into various order by xp (cutting out most of the information but leaving: mob name, HP, AS, AC, DMG, xp, and spell ability. I should have left int and MR in there.. damn me.

All games need a tweaking now an then.
ZUPS!!!!
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

You want to unbalance various maps
I did not said that I want unbalance maps.... Why should I?

I just said that SW difficulty level versus XP gain ratio needs tweak.

150p damage was just "example".. not exating value....

Joke of day:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sorry about that Heikki, sometimes I start my sentence the same and that came out waaaaaay wrong. I meant to say it would unbalance various maps. I didn't mean for it to blatantly state "you wanted it to unbalance." My error completely on that.

The best solution would be newer mobs with different abilities. Believe me, various personaages on pd state how easy various maps/creatures are so you're not alone in that thinking. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the lua coding and failing terribly. It seems as much as I try to learn to program I fail at it. Here's my solution to toughening up or making mobs much more interesting and or difficult.

Elemental abilities of varying strengths:
Fire:
Burning
Fiery
Pyric
Fuming
Flaming
Seething
Scorching
Blazing

Cold:
Icy
Frost
Freezing
Cold

Electric:
Sparking
Shocking
Lightning

And others like Acidic, varying toxic levels.

Abilities in-game that are available to players that I think would be very interesting for monsters to utilize:
Blocking
Special attacks: parry, riposte, cleave, flurry, bloodbolt, disarm, headshot, quivering palm, thunderclap (mace), old stun from maces, backstab (obviously including hiding in shadows for monsters or use of invisibility).

Here's an oodball idea... tinted monsters: silver, copper, adamantite, addled, barbed, blackrock, gold, runed, vampyric, venemoous, and crystal (for those who don't know about this tint it combines vampyric and adamantite together).

Some other weird ideas would be monsters with Auras like varoius games (ala diablo). Basically a mob with a various aura affects various mobs or characters in different ways according to the aura attached to it.

I have no idea the amount of coding it would take for a lot of that but that would be a temporary soulition.

And again Heikki, sorry for that accusation which I didn't itend.
ZUPS!!!!