Stat Reduction: Ditch it or Keep it

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Stat Reduction: Ditch it or Keep it

Post by eggmceye »

Keeping demanding oldbies happy is a low priority concern. Getting something like newbie island fixed is a much higher priority. Sure the diminished stats affects some players more than others but it isn't stopping you from being overpowered and having a good time of it. I'll stick it on the todo list.

edit: it was already on the todo list, so all this whinging was for nothing
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

eggmceye wrote:What does it matter anyway, you are already all too powerful.
Told ya.

Raiden, you can already kill the highest level fighter on the scoreboard. A longsword fighter, the class that is least affected by the stat reduction. Enjoy that power.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Vanguard - heikki isn't 50/50 fighter, learn your facts young padawan.

Egg - thanks, even if it was all for nothing. Its just good to know its being looked into
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Sorry, you got me there. That was an assumption, seeing as how Heikki is a longsword fighter.

Well, glad that all of this is on the list of things to resolve.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
scglass

Post by scglass »

I'm in a foul mood, so I'll understand if I get banned.

maybe its about time EUO was put out to pasture, can't see how you'll move on to other things if you are sustaining this pack of ungrateful whiners. There's an enormous amount of really good content in EUO and many many hours of effort from a lot of dedicated people. Stuff I can only personally say I've really scratched the surface on.

listening to you all whine and lament the limitations of a game just makes my head spin. It *would* be a damn shame to see it archived onto a DVD somewhere, but all things must have an end.
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

It has been a while since I have been hardcore active in this game since I signed up for the military, and even longer since I have gotten on the forums and put my two cents in. Personally I say keep the diminishing stats as is. The people that get on now, well from what I can see of the new regulars, aren't just on here to grind up to a godly lvl. They all are very charismatic and get on with a buddy or two and have fun. So what if you loose a few stats? If you have two mages with 500+ int you rape the main continent. Maeondir steps up the overall difficulty, it just makes the whole "make new friends, or bring some old ones along" idea more necessary. Say, for shits and giggles, a few people start a party and they are all mages with 600+ int. They all will be doing XC dmg in the hundreds, VOG in 60-80 range, IJO for like 300 on some mobs. It would come down to the party being good, not individuals.
scglass wrote: maybe its about time EUO was put out to pasture, can't see how you'll move on to other things if you are sustaining this pack of ungrateful whiners. There's an enormous amount of really good content in EUO and many many hours of effort from a lot of dedicated people. Stuff I can only personally say I've really scratched the surface on.

listening to you all whine and lament the limitations of a game just makes my head spin. It *would* be a damn shame to see it archived onto a DVD somewhere, but all things must have an end.
Maybe not so much EUO, it keeps me out of trouble so yea, but maybe players should be put out to pasture? I know a LOT of them have quit, stopped playing as much, or made new chars already. If you really have that big of a problem with the system, stop using it or go to a different server.

My two cents: Keep the diminishing stats.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."