Ideas thread 2009

Moderator: EUO Moderators

VataraSei
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Post by VataraSei »

Something else that needs to be updated

When you have an avatar like mine ( Hellcat ) your not exactly human anymore...so why is it when you look in a mirror it shows a humans reflection???? Same for the raft and chair.
It may have been a Cheap shot but it was the only shot I could afford!!! ( Gerrard - Magic The Gathering )
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

I was thinking that you should be able to to the Heimlich maneuver on a chair, as it has been done that way in real life. This is especially necessary for PD, since if you choke while no one is on, your as good as dead, unless you log off of course, but i still feel you should be able to run to the nearest chair (and activate it?) to cure choking.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

KingDavid wrote:I was thinking that you should be able to to the Heimlich maneuver on a chair, as it has been done that way in real life. This is especially necessary for PD, since if you choke while no one is on, your as good as dead, unless you log off of course, but i still feel you should be able to run to the nearest chair (and activate it?) to cure choking.
Due to relevantly recent discreditation of "The Heimlich Maneuver", I'd prefer to see it seen as "an interesting aspect to MMORPGs, and if you decide not to read the manual before you play PD, and decide to ignore the disclaimer on said PD server then bad luck you moany git".

Maybe LaughingCoyote could put a similar quote in the manual?
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Sync
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Sync »

I do declare that that is the BEST way that I have seen "RTFM" stated. Well done Ugrog. :D

Also, KingDavid, you can go to the healer in Nordhaven or Mon Ferrato and they will cure you, but you have to pay 50 gold. So if no one is online, and your on PD, then take your happy ass to the healer in Nordhaven.

Sync
KingDavid

Post by KingDavid »

Ah, I did not know that! Well that solves this issue I guess. Thanks Sync!

Also, I know there is no warranty on PD, kusofthevalley, and death is almost assured one way or another. But if you think I'm a "moany git" for suggesting a new feature (not whining about anything), well then :chill: out, or perhaps you'd be better off not posting at all.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
KingDavid

Ideas thread 2009

Post by KingDavid »

I was thinking it would be a nice feature to be able to shift+(a number) to use a binded item in a direction. I bring this up cause it would make it alot easier to feed hell spawn, instead of using shift+u and scrolling through your inventory to find the sulphuric ash.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Bindable actions would be nice. I'm thinking more in the line of an action or tab that would allow change of equipment (total set). A quick key to change from say a def suit to a Magic Resistance suit to something else (including weapons/shield) would be a boon.

Currently binding to a number will either use an item or equip 1 item. Shift e + dir isn't that much of a hassle to me actually. The current remapping keys is a nice improvement now.
ZUPS!!!!
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

KingDavid wrote:I was thinking it would be a nice feature to be able to shift+(a number) to use a binded item in a direction. I bring this up cause it would make it alot easier to feed hell spawn, instead of using shift+u and scrolling through your inventory to find the sulphuric ash.
Totally agree, shift+p's bindable aswell so you can heal pets and party members.

Keighn, shift+e to feed isn't a problem, shift+u is what KD was talking about.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
laz
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by laz »

Uhh.. don't want to interrupt you guys but I do have bandages bound to 1 in one of my chars and I am pretty sure I can do shift + 1 to heal my pet. Does this helps? :?
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

F9 should work for feeding hellspawn, shouldn't it? I used F9 for most of my taming training. Yeah, you've got to scroll through the list the first time, and you may have to change the direction if what you're trying to tame moves (although I mostly try to move with it, so that if I'm standing to the south of it in one place, I move so I'm south of it in the new place)
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

/post command.

- With this command players can send messages to offline players.

- Next time when "offline"-player gets online he automatically receives sended message

/note command

- With this command players can send notes to server that last about 3 week (one note per account, max 100 character long)

/wn command

- (Wiev notes) With this command players can see active notes from server

Forexample:

/note I will be online next time 2/12/2009

/wn ---> Heikki:I will be online next time 2/12/2009

Other ideas:

- Some kind "auction board" to bartertown.

- Retable special mounts from stable = 50 addy coin per month

- "Carve tool" that can be used to name items.. One use and cost 120 addy coin per tool.

- Addy coin drops (As rare as resstone in PD.. this may encourage players to buy more coins allso?)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

New item feature: Quality

Quality might be:

Poor quality: -10% to item properties (drop chance like 1,5 % of magic items) no break chance with wand of transferrence

Normal: no bonus or harm (drop chance like 90 % of magic items) no break chance with wand of transferrence

Advanced quality: +10% to item properties (drop chance like 6 % of magic items) 20% break chance with wand of transferrence

High quality: +20% to item properties (drop chance like 2 % of magic items) 40% break chance with wand of transferrence

Master work: +30% to item properties (like 0,5 % of magic items) 60% break chance with wand of transferrence

Forexample:

High quality cap str 20 = is cap that give str (20 x 1.2) = Cap str 24.

Poor quality blackrock claymore = +8 claymore that have br bonuses AND -10% to AS and -10% to Damage.
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
KingDavid

Post by KingDavid »

For alchemy i think when you make improved yellow potions since you combine two yellows, you should get one back, refined, two flasks back and etc.

Also, I really like Keighn's idea of two equipment sets that you can swap between on the fly.
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

i think it would be nice if there was a /use command for items. for example: /use long sword. would use a long sword(on a fountain or something) if you have one with you. i dont know if it would be hard to make this happen or not and i dont know if its a good idea or not. but i thought i shoudl post it
spoiled
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

There is already a feature like that, shift-u will let you try to use any item in your inventory on something or yourself (just press enter when it asks for a direction). Shift-u is the way you dip unenchanted weapons in fountains to possibly enchant them and also the way you feed pets that eat nonstandard food. Shift-u is like the generic form of shift-p and shift-e but works for all items.
KingDavid

Post by KingDavid »

What about a Float Spell? This would make you 'hover' above the ground, allowing you to travel the same speed over all terrain types and cross over lava, traps, and swamps undisturbed. Also perhaps cross a single river tile? How long you would stay afloat of course would depend on your int, say at a ratio of 1 second of floating time per 10 int. Also since Float is a divine magic it would add further depth to the school of piety.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

How about a freeze spell which slows monsters and does damage X damage over Y seconds- also have it freeze water so you can cross it - wont last long...something like 10 seconds before it melts and if your caught in water you drown. Mage's wont have to carry rafts but could die.

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

lets have rogues and fighters be able to go crouching tiger hidden dragon and hero style just slicing the water as they fly over it.
Grue

Post by Grue »

This was brought up in the bug thread, but should really be posted here for consideration, so I figure I'd move it.

I was helping someone in game to complete the Xile quest. Unfortunately for them, they had already completed the quest once, but to a mutual destruction ending. As a result, they were not able to claim Xile's Heart, and complete the quest properly. However, the trigger item that showed that the quest had been completed ( Xiles Ear ) was deposited into his inventory, so the result was a quest that remained in his quest list as active, but with no way of completing it.

The thought came up that there be some method of resolving this ( outside of pulling Egg into the middle of it ) in game, with the two thoughts so far as:

A) Some sort of in game merchant, which you could talk to to either obtain a quest to clean your broken one, or simply remove the offending trigger item from your inventory to start anew.

B) Some sort of systematic clean up, activated at time of logon, which would sweep the characters active quests, look for the trigger items showing completion ( the ear ), but without the necessary quest goal ( ie, Xile's Heart ), and systematically wipe out the trigger, thereby allowing the quest to be completed again.

In either instance, to prevent abuse, you would need some sort of control mechanism in place to check the trigger item versus the quest goal, to ensure that a quest couldn't be completed ad infinitum.

I think something along these lines would be a good addition to the game, thereby allowing for quest completion for those that run into similar difficulties. What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

"Xile's Ear" ?????
ZUPS!!!!