Ideas thread 2008

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Post by Turtle »

In another game I played, it was handled like an escrow service.

Player 1 creates a transaction. Player 1 puts his or her half up (for instance, ebony staff +5).

Player 2 views the transaction and puts up his or her half (for instance, 150k gp).

Player 1 approves the transaction.

Transaction complete!

If Player 1 declines the transaction, both players receive the item back in their inventories.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Here's some easy stuff that might be fixable that I'd like to see:

Regeneration Rings disappearing when you die. I got through dozens of these things and sometimes they disappear with the first hit. If not upon death then some sort of time limit.

The following boss monsters don't drop, which is annoying:

Hellcats
Hydras (blood & normal)
Firelizards
Basilisks
Gazers
Zorn (all types)
Some Golems (Fire Golems, thus far only)
Insects (meh maybe not a big deal since I don't see how they could carry something thing)
Slimes (I could see a slime carrying something)
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Sync
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Sync »

Turtle wrote:In another game I played, it was handled like an escrow service.

Player 1 creates a transaction. Player 1 puts his or her half up (for instance, ebony staff +5).

Player 2 views the transaction and puts up his or her half (for instance, 150k gp).

Player 1 approves the transaction.

Transaction complete!

If Player 1 declines the transaction, both players receive the item back in their inventories.

So your thinking of something like a "/trade" command.

I could see that too. You could talk and discuss all the prices and everything over "/t" and then actually trade them with "/trade *playername*". But, saying "/trade Sync" won't mean anything. You still would have to have something like "/trade *playername* *quantity* *item* *price*" Ex: "/trade *Rusty* *1* *Ebony_Crook_+5* *150,000*"

So it could be "/mail" or "/trade". But I really like that idea.

However, think of it this way too. As Eragon pointed out, some players are not on all the time. Typically, "/trade" would mean you would BOTH be there at the same time "trading". You can "/mail" it to some one, then when they log on, whether your online or not, they will see that they have been "mailed" an offer. They will "/mail" the money back to that person and once the money has been sent, then that person will recieve their item. meaning, when the other person logs on, they will see the transaction is complete, and the money is in their pocket, and you move on your way.

So, if this does happen, I see the "/mail" happening more than the "/trade". :roll:

Sync
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

My idea is more for a "mail" feature not a trading feature where you'd have to type in all that crazy wording for what you want in return and all that. Also, you can type in your bank list...it's in the "Find" feature, and maybe it could be altered so that you can use it to mail things, in any case, I think the whole "highlight the item and type /mail playername" would be easier that all the stuff you posted sync, sorry. Also, they way I was thinking of it it would go to your bank account not your person, so them "mailing" you a tp to come hunt with you wouldn't/shouldn't be possible. Anyway, I was just posting my two cents, later
Sync

Post by Sync »

I still like my way better. It would make trades easier and it would be safer.

Sync's idea > Eragon's idea. :dance:

Sync
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

Uhm, seeing as you got your idea from my idea, your idea is mine anyway you look at it.
Sync

Post by Sync »

Point well taken. I was talking about my version of your idea. As in "/mail *name* *quantity* *item* *price*.

Excuse me.

Sync
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

IMO real things that should be added/changed:

- Vampire wepon nerf
- Claymore are way too good for fighter and rondels are way too good for rogues compared to other weps
- Br tint is way too good for mages
- Mages do too much (or too fast) damage (Even with stat reduction) --> There should be VOG and XC damage cap
- Protection scroll should not work in pvp

Ps. Dont send self-interest post as reply ;)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Heikki wrote:IMO real things that should be added/changed:

- Vampire wepon nerf
- Claymore are way too good for fighter and rondels are way too good for rogues compared to other weps
- Mages do too much (or too fast) damage (Even with stat reduction) --> There should be VOG and XC damage cap

I don't exactly understand what you mean by "self-interest" but that whole post of yours seems to reflect something to that extent. IMO, if the current base mechanics make the game too easy then implement your own rules on your self to make the game more challenging. The last thing most people want is a communistic game directed by dictatorship.
ZUPS!!!!
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Sorry, I did not made my opinions clear :P.. Did not meaned to be so rude that it seems.

I just meaned with self-interest posts:

1) If you know that something is over powered .. you should say it even if it is your best characters skill, spell, item or anything...

or

2) Posts should NOT be like:
Boost Vampire claymores in EUO 1.3 !!!!... (Just because I play with fighter myself and I have vampire claymores and it is allready best fighter weapon)

Just meant that:
People should post fair posts...
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, my post was a tad hostile in itself. I honestly should check weapon speeds and how effective they are. Claymores are just nice becuase of damage potential at the cost of not being able to use a shield. Pre lvl 75 I usually didn't even consider using a claymore or labrys. I was constantly using a shield. Currently I use a vampy claymore of xmp vs. dragons/daemons with a sometimes switch to a labrys. Even loaded with pots I just don't think i'd be able to take the abuse without GHS and vamp. Sure, I can lure 1 at a time kill, med/bandage and repeat but in some of these maps that just isn't going to cut it with the respawn the way it is.

Tints that don't seem effective:
addled -- this almost never does anything. It might be ok for missile combat though.
Runed -- I see no significant, if any, criticals appearing (actually i see less).
ZUPS!!!!
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Heikki wrote:IMO real things that should be added/changed:

- Vampire wepon nerf

-Vampire weapon nerf
I could agree to that since it seems that vamp weapons are easily the most prefered tint of fighters and rogues. What I would really like to see is the other tints improved to be as good as vampy, but that probably isn't going to happen :-S

Actually I can kill shadow warriors slightly faster with my gloves of attack than with a claymore. I think the claymore is fairly balanced vs other weapons. Polearms are an exception, they need a boost. They are too slow for how little they hit. Another factor when comparing weapons from different skills is the effect of stat reduction. a level 200 polearms char is not going to do as much damage as a level 200 longswords char due to stat reduction. As for rondels, yea they are the best rogue short sword weapon. I don't think they should be nerfed but maybe another short sword weapon could be improved to be equal. Rogues have a hard enough time with their low AS (made worse by the stat reduction) they defintely don't need a nerf to their damage.

Actually it's not that the BR tint is too good, it's that the other tints aren't very good for a mage. The only exceptions to this are barbed and silver. Barbed works good for special situations and silver works great on undead. Vampy would be better if it gave back more than 1hp per hit.

Mages do more damage because they are physically weaker. The need to take out enemies quickly so they don't get hurt. the Idea of a cap on the power of an offensive mage spell is wrong. Would you like a cap on the damage you can do with a sword? I wouldn't think so. Capping spell damage would effectively make mages unable to attain power after a point and this is wrong.

Why not? The person took the time to train their inscription to be able to make protection scrolls so why shouldn't they be able to use them to protect themselves. I personally think pets should be usable in pvp also.
poply

Post by poply »

pvping pets soulds good to me... but there would need to be a new command for it so they dont attack players without you telling them to.

rusty is right about the... whatever he just said about the mages and rondels and stuff
spoiled
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Expansion of the ocean.

While playing around with my ship, I've realized that there isn't too much land for me to cover. The only practical use for a ship so far is crossing the high seas to quickly get to the other side of the continent. There aren't too many ships in-game at the moment, but when there are more of them, we don't have much land to cover. Maybe just increase the size of the continent, give it a bunch of ocean? Maybe some new islands that some people can start making maps for. Idk, just putting this out there.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

I got around thinking with Ugrog that maybe some weather on EUO would be neat. I started playing around with avatars and tiles, made a 4 frame rain tile and replaced my own, my pet, ugrog's and ugrog's pet's avatars with the rain, to get a feel for what it'd look like over land. Looked pretty good. Changed the water tiles with the rain, to see it in mass at my house.

I was thinking, maybe rainy days, your vision is obscurred somewhat (can't see as far, and screen is somewhat darker) but nightvision doesn't make you see further.

I'm going to try and get atraxis to summon abunch of a certain avatar that I did rain for and take a screenie of what it'll look like (there will be health bars unfortunately) and will post that later.

The pictures I took and the 4 frames are below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
poply

Post by poply »

it would be better to test the look of rain tiles with something like bandages so you dont need help and there are no health bars
spoiled
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That'd be neat but I never saw the idea for fog ever put in so I have little hope for this.

Bandages are only a sinlge tile so that'd be hard to test. Perhaps the fountain instead.
ZUPS!!!!
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

couldn't use fountains... they cost too much for me to buy 10 or so just to test it not worth it.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
laz
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by laz »

I know this is off-topic but.. a suggestions' thread with 44 pages just seems like.. it needs summarizing :-S

Or how on earth is Egg ever going to keep track of what has been said and go forward with [what he thinks are] good ideas?
X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm gonna repost this with a few more comments and more monsters I've found:

Here's some easy stuff that might be fixable that I'd like to see:

Regeneration Rings disappearing when you die. I got through dozens of these things and sometimes they disappear with the first hit. If not upon death then some sort of time limit.

If rings only took a gold nugget to make I'd probably be ok with the current usage of them. Right now they take a gold ingot = 10 gold nuggets.

The following boss monsters don't drop, which is annoying:

Alligators
Crocodiles
Hellcats
Hydras (blood & normal)
Firelizards
Basilisks
Gazers
Zorn (all types)
Some Golems (Fire Golems, thus far only)
Insects (meh maybe not a big deal since I don't see how they could carry something thing)
Slimes (I could see a slime carrying something)

Sharding:
fire golems don't leave a soul shard as the spell fails on them.
ZUPS!!!!