The Stygian Pirate Trade

EUO clan threads go here.

Moderator: EUO Moderators

The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Re: The Stygian Pirate Trade

Post by The Oracle »

Hey pirates.
I'm just taking a little break gimme a week or two and I'm sure I'll be back into it again. That's how it usually goes :roll: In the meantime I hope everyone's making good use of the hall and still having fun playing the game and leveling. I need to start back up doing bloodiest pirate of the week and get some recruiting done soon as I start playing regularly again.
poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply »

(JUST A JOKE)----> :dance: What better time to plan a mutiny then when captain Toadie is gone for a week or two! :dance: <----(JUST A JOKE)
spoiled
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Yarrrrrgh!!! Ye be walkin the plank with me blunderbuss in yer back fer speakin that nonsense!

(Meet me on ye poop deck to be speakin that nonsense in more detail)
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Greetings, all,

I landed here on EUO about a week or so ago, yet another traveler of Time and Cyberspace in search of adventure and fighting off rabid fits of boredom. Once upon a few lifetimes ago I used to roam an incarnation of this world -- back with 5.25" floppy disks, Madonna was still Like a Virgin and MTV was less than 5 years old.

As a newbie scrub I don't have much to brag about yet. So far, achieving level 28 has taught me how to make regular deposits, use bandages, chug potions and leave pizza-style corpses scattered throughout the land like bad Easter Eggs. I've also mastered doing the March of Shame, spending so much time in the nearest shrines that I'm starting to get email there. Truth be told, I'm beginning to think that Resurrection Sickness and tequila hangovers are one in the same -- with both you wake up looking like Hell, smelling like Hell, and you're not fit to be in decent society until you've gone somewhere to clean yourself up. Explains why merchants won't deal with the freshly revived. Life's tough in Sosaria when you're homeless.

Anyway, nuff of my rambling. Thanks to Mariah and Toadie for their helping hand and thanks in advance to you all for welcoming me into the crew.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Well put DrRude, and welcome to SPT :)

I was thinking that, if Toadie agrees, that I would start running "rolling for gold" events regularly again. I want to try to have it at a time or times so that everyone can attend so i need everyone to let me know what times they would be available. I'm planning on having gold and maybe other prizes to roll for, should be a lot of fun.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

I agree! Let's start throwing gold around again!
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Welcome Doc and Assailant! Look forward to working with you two.

Vimly and I have been working on party tactics that would work with large groups. I've recently been put in charge of leading our Army of Brigands into dungeons.
So... lets get down to it. Please read and memorize these, for they will aid you when we decend into the dark depths of the unknown.

Rules and Guidelines:
Rule #1: If you are injured and nearing death. DO NOT FLEE! Mages will be able to heal or res you as will several of the other players. (I will also donate healing wards for our mages to use when we find a place we must defend.)
Rule #2: If you die. Don't move, your ghost will still be able to block monsters from entering further into our ranks.

Rogues: Stealthed Front Line Defenders. If you are a melee rogue or are particularly great at dishing out melee damage (due to better shortswords than bows). You will stealth and stand in the front, the fighters will then stand on top of you so that we can have more players fending off the hordes. Rogues who have a fighter on top of them will be excused from Rule #2 because we cannot res you with someone on top of you. If you know someone's on top of you, you may fall back and wait to be res'd. If you are a ranger... simple. Stay in the back and shoot! Party will donate arrows and/or bullets to aid you.

Fighters: Front and center. Fighters have a particular skill for dishing out the heavy damage and with specials, several can even attack multiple monsters... thus. we need them right up front and right in the center where they can do the most good.

Mages: Protectors of everyone else. You are the backbone of our formations. The stronger mages (noted before we begin the hunt) will be offensive mages. The lower level mages, or any who may prefer, will be the healers. It's your job to make sure the fighters remain alive. You will be given the healing wards to aid us if you so deem neccessary or I say it's neccessary.

CODE WORDS:

Vimly and I will be shouting out commands before each fight, so be listening (would be nice to keep combat messages off, but we understand if you like to see your damage.)

"BLOCK!" means you must form the formation described above. This is the most commonly used formation. There will be either an indicated opening or doorway. You must form the line to block any monster from passing beyond that chokepoint. Melee Rogues stealthed in first, fighters follow and stand on top, healers form second row, black mages and rangers complete the second row and make a third row if neccessary. I will typically be the one to lure, so I'll lure the monsters through... then we unleash all hell. I may ask the mages to not use VOG at certain times when the opening is too wide and monsters are too powerful, but otherwise... have at them.

"BLITZ!" means you charge forward and attack anything you see. if there are already several players attacking 1 monster, skip it and go to the next one you see. This is another commonly used tactic that follows the BLOCK formation. I will never say "BLITZ" unless there is a clear wide room with enough room and not too many monsters. So if I say "BLITZ" don't fear you may be rushing into impending doom. Some may die (low probability) but you'll be risen right away to rejoin us in the fight.

There may be several instances where there is 1-2 monsters in a small confined room. We will not bother ourselves with these, instead there will be a designated 'Special Forces' that will be called upon to take them out. Te Special Forces or SF for short will consist of 3 players, more commonly, two melee players and a mage. The rest of the group will continue on and prepare for the next fight. Vimly will (if able) be leading the SF.

We ask that you bring plenty of NV gear or some other method of light. You won't need to be at your absolute best if the group if large enough. Some volunteer rogues will be sent off to explore some areas before we engage so we get a lay of the land before we meet shields with the foes.
For scouts, when you enter an area with monsters, you will be asked to relay messages saying how many and of what type of monster are ahead. Example would be "3 white dragons and 2 blues. Medium sized room"

Another uncommon but still used formation would be: "BLACKOUT" When this is called, everyone must cast SL (fighters will be given SL scrolls) and rogues must hide. Everyone enters the targetted room and stands around the monsters occupying it. The leader will say "NOW" and at that moment everyone unleashes hell upon the unsuspecting monsters. This formation is more wreckless, but proves to be more fatal to the monsters.

I will be happy to help anyone with any questions they may have about any of this. I would also ask that rogues who wish to be scouts come to me for testing.

Short Version:
"BLOCK" = block the door or opening
"BLITZ" = run forth and attack anything
"BLACKOUT" = hide in any fasion, enter the room, wait for the signal, then unleash hell.

RULE #0!!!!: HAVE FUN, Drops will be rolled for by any who may want it. Winner of the last drop may not roll for the next drop so that we keep it fair. The reason for this is so that even low level players (taking Assailant for example) will be able to take part in the slaying of mighty beasts (Balrons and Shadowmages for instance)Only using Assailant because he was one of the lower levels with a hunting party, but he showed extreme courage and never faultered in the face of danger. He was actually quite often enough the first one to charge the monsters.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Hunting party tonight (Short notice, I know) 5:00PM Central Time. Will be hunting all night long, you are free to come and go as you will, would prefer you to join early and stay late.

Anyone who would like to join, please log on sometime before then and tell me if possible, so I get a feel of how large our group will be.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Feeling sick lately. I'll be checking the forums. But I'm just in no mood for the game. I wanna clear my mind. Just been sitting in bed playing guitar a lot :-|

None of that "get better" stuff by the way. Ugh. Dunno why but that peeves me :roll: Seriously though. Hope you get a turnout for the raid Rur! Thanks for doing stuff that keeps the clan exciting even when I'm being a stick in the mud :cool:

Oh! By the way. I asked Kendal the other night if I could have WoWz. I just straight up asked her for it. I know it was insane, and she said no. Not to my surprise. I've chatted a bit with Kendal before, though, and I knew she probably didn't really want leadership - I was right, by the way - and I figured maybe she wouldn't care who WoWz ended up with, and maybe she'd figure I could do good for it. Imo it was stupid for Raiden to abdicate her without knowing her feelings on the matter. So, I figured it was worth asking. I would have just let Van have it and we would have been ally clans if she had been cool with it. She wasn't though and I was ok with that. I didn't push it. It was just me seeing something possibly in my reach, asking to have it, getting turned down, and then respectfully understanding and forgetting about it. No sinister intent, but for some reason that bent some people out of shape. Maybe they saw it as an "evil scheme" or somesuch bullshit. If you got upset and you are in SPT or if you are egg - sorry. You can always pick a bone with me, pirates. It's not like I see myself as a tyrant or anything :--;:

Anyways, again, Rurik, I wanna tell you you rock. So do all the pirates. Love you guys 'n all that shit ;) :heart:
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Didn't quite make 100 last night. Had to take an early retirement. Will be getting it soon though.

From now on: The Hunts will take place every friday night at 5PM Central Time, 6PM Eastern. If I am unable to make it, I will let someone know and Vimly will lead it instead if he is able. Chances are I will be there, but sometimes I travel on fridays, so I might be late.

I want to again ask for volunteers for the certain parts that the hunt will require. We need Special Forces (a fighter or melee rogue and a mage), a few scouts (rogues with high level stealth and good dexterity/NV), primary healers (mages with high chance to cast XVM, or low mages can try XM and will just have to keep casting that. High vigour is required), and some crafters to make certain items we will need. (Includes: High level Enchanter (Healing Wards), High Level Alchemist (Greater/Mega Yellow Potions) and Insciptor (Health Scrolls and other useful scrolls (perhaps IMJ included)) We may could have a volunteer fighter who is front line to read IMJ scrolls to IMJ monsters as we kill them. Would help with enchanting. All players would be required to carry soul shards if we do this.

Thank you for cooperation and I hope we have a good group gather this friday.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Wanted to update my char info, since I'm proud of my pirate lately.

Turtle
Lvl 40 as of this edit
Stats: Str 100, Dex 34, Int 180+83

Combat Skills:
Sorcery 100%!
Magery 59.7
Piety 79.8
Block 20.3 (an increase of 0.1 since last posting!)
Unarmed 14.6
Tactics 12.0

Other Skills:
Item Lore 52.7
Meditation 38.7
Fishing 26.3
Woodcrafting 15.6
Taming 15.2
Healing 0.2 :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:

I also got a player merchant! Check out "Turtle's LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON" at coords 7 47 in Bartertown West (I luckily got my own building!) to see my collection of noob gear, plus a few nice items.

I am also now bound in Maeondir, and exploring dungeons over there. If any players want to explore with me, give a shout.

Currently looking for: Tomes of magery (VSL, KBR, WQ, IMJ, IP, KXQ, KVX, KXC), Sorcery (INH, IZH, XMP,), and Piety (ABC). I want to know every spell :twisted: Any info on where I can pick these up?
poply

Post by poply »

ph34r n07 t3h n0wl4g3 Turtle :lesson:

VSL is a a quest item you can get in Pendragon.
you can buy WQ in Bakyre.
you can buy IMJ in Xile's underground castle(before the locked door).
IP is hidden in Kingswood.
ABC is sold in The Resort.
you can only get KXC from killing daemons or from another player.
KVX is said to be in Netherterra or something like that.

i dont know where IZH is... but i do know INH is in The Resort!
spoiled
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

I figured I would BUT I REFUSE TO MAKE THE NAME LINK TO MY PROFILE!

Rurik
Lv 99 (Almost 100)
Stats: Str 181, Dex 357, Int 100

Combat Skills:
Ranged 100
Shortswords 100
Foils 100
Stealth 100
Block 31
Unarmd 30
Tactics 29.9
Maces 27.2
Longswords 8.4
Polearms 7.6

Crafting Skills:
Mining 100
Fishing 100
Inscription 100
Item Lore 92.4
Enchanting 90.4
Alchemy 86
Woodcrafting 79.1
Tinkering 74.2
Cartography 71.4
Weaponsmith 66.3
Tailoring 31
Armouring 7

Other Skills to Note:
Healing 100
Taming 100
Traps 97.4
Meditation79.5
Locks 78.5

Currently working on... fighter weapon skills I guess, raising my class % every level I gain at this time, shooting for 100 in all of them. Want badly to get Enchanting, cartography and alchemy to 100. working on alchemy atm, enchanting, I need lots and lots of brilliant soul shards (I'll buy/take any that anyone has to offer) and cartography is going by... slowly.
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

The clan of goemon's brain has thought this over...

we being totaly whoop ass ninjas

we need to be enemys

ninjas and pirates in harmony? pffffttttt...there is only room for one in EUO...

I SUMMON ALL OF SPT AND ALL OF THE CLAN OF GOEMON'S BRAIN TO HAVE A WESTERN SHOW DOWN AT THE ARENA!

hows friday?

PREPAIR FOR CANS OF WHOOP ASS TO BE OPENED BY THE ARMY OF ONE noob!!
poply

Post by poply »

read my signatire goemon

but that will still be fun
spoiled
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Thanks Vim!
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

>.< Lets move that date to sunday or saturday. I have family in from out of state and I'll be visiting them for the day.

:P Sorry! I was looking foward to it too!

* on my post it says this was posted on saturday...my computer's date is messed up and i dont feel like fixing it. :P
khellendros
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by khellendros »

I will be gone for a while longer I am sorry that I have been absent for the past few weeks again without letting anyone know. The baby needs some looking after and I will not be around for some time.
poply

Post by poply »

:shock: I (vimly) am now leader of SPT! new clan ideas can now come to me, along with old ones that no one ever talked about(if there are any). some time i might need to make a new clan post because i cant edit Toadies main post.
spoiled
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Yep. I am pretty much done with EUO. It's been cool, and I owe a lot of inspiration to the game, but I just need to cut it out. I felt bad leaving the clan like that though, so it's yours vim. Have fun with it, I know I did. Do whatever you like.