Ideas thread 2008

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Bugbo wrote:How hard would it be to turn certain terrains like towns and stuff into Immobile items?
Then you could place these items on any terrain tile.
The biggest problem with this would be converting all the old maps over to use the item terrain.
Here is an example of some terrains that could be converted to items.

I think Kendal made those same tiles a while ago, and it wouldn't be much of a problem to convert the maps really considering the new lua functionality in maped.
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

some things i'd like:

* Armour to be tweeked, its a known and proven fact that armour reduction is kinda imba. This isn't only in PvP but in PvE to, why is it a level 60 or so mage can annhilate a balron due to the magic factor but a level 118 fighter or level 150 rogue because of his AS can't even break a balrons full defense? Yes I do struggle on them, I can kill them but not as easily as I should be able to kill them. I got 45 AS unbuffed at level 118, I hit a balron for about 55% or so damage. Don't get me started on PvP, put me against a level 60 fighter with full defense gear and he'll block most hits and when I do break through the block I'll hit him for 1 or 2 damage. (yes I am a fighter complaining about defense).
* Display levels ingame, you can see it on the internet, so why not ingame?

thats it from me, really.
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

:D i would like the frilly scarf added in.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

We need Alcohol.

Drawbacks:
- Drop dex and int
- Drop chance to dodge
- Drop AC
- All monsters attack drunk palyer, so no agro point counting (Drunks are irritating)
- Too much alcohol cause little green mans to attack player (only drunk player can see and attack those monster)
- Guards throw drunk players away from towns

Benefits:
- More str (Ofcource)
- Greater chance for criticals (Luck of drunk :P)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Heikki wrote: Benefits:
- More str (Ofcource)
I'd add two things to benefits:

- More AS (drunk courage!)
- When you drink enough alcohol, you can go berserk (rage bar is full after 3-4 hits, even more AS, defense is equal -30)

Drawbacks:

- when you drink really lot of alcohol, you will be unconscious for 30 seconds

:P
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

now that is wrong...
laz
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by laz »

This idea has been in my head for quite some time, and now it feels like the perfect timing to post it. Hopefully I'll gather some supporters.
In points:
)> Quake3 uses a cfg <> EUO uses a cfg
(> Quake3 has a "command line" <> EUO has a "command line" (/trimskill, /w, etc)
)> Quake3 can change cfg.vars on the fly <> :(
(> Quake3 can write a cfg to disk <> :( :(

See what I just did? X-D
Needless to say I do not know how difficult this would be to implement, BUT, I imagine a EUO 1.3 where I coud type:

Code: Select all

/writecfg laz.cfg
/rage_bar=1
/music=0 (or off, not sure)
/skin=laz_UBERskin
/endwritecfg
Not only that but also, by typing /skin=a, it would change to "a", /skin=b, change to "b", without having to restart euo.
Possible? Feasible? Not sure.
Usefull? Its what i think at least.

PS: the /writecfg and /endwritecfg would be to avoid checking if the commands to write were "valid" cfg commands, i.e., not stuff like "/msg Rusty mmmuuuuhh" or "/wc"..
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

If I could decide I'd ditch the /writecfg /endwritecfg commands.
laz
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by laz »

Yeah, i had someone telling me that as well, but it was to help commands that dont make sense in the cfg from being written, and to allow to make a cfg file other than the default.

Its up to The Dev Team to decide about it :)

Actually, about the whole thread! :shock:
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Heikki wrote:We need Alcohol.

Drawbacks:
- Drop dex and int
- Drop chance to dodge
- Drop AC
- All monsters attack drunk palyer, so no agro point counting (Drunks are irritating)
- Too much alcohol cause little green mans to attack player (only drunk player can see and attack those monster)

Benefits:
- More str (Ofcource)
I would add the following:
-x % to get a black screen, wake up in a random town with some kind of resurrection sickness and x % of your money missing. :uhh:
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

Luxorious wrote:
Heikki wrote:We need Alcohol.

Drawbacks:
- Drop dex and int
- Drop chance to dodge
- Drop AC

Benefits:
- More str (Ofcource)
I would add the following:
-x % to get a black screen, wake up in a random town with some kind of resurrection sickness and x % of your money missing. :uhh:
If two players of different sex are drunk at the same time, x% chance they both black out and wake up in bed together.
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Specialization classes:

1) This choose can be taken only once and there will be no return
2) This choose is optional
3) There will be quests for every special classes

Some ideas....

Rogues classes:

Bard:
+ Got bardic special abilities: Like provocating, peacemaking
+ Got bardic songs : Spell like abilities
- Loose ability to hide, backstab and weapon special moves

Ranger:

+ Get 2 pets at same time
+ No terrain move speed penalties
- Can keep ranged and only one melee weapon skill

Sharp shooter:
+ Got high bonus for ranged attacks
+ Longer range
+ Better special moves for ranged
- All melee skills are counted as 50% lower
- Loose disarm/remove trap and open locks

Figter calsses:

Barbar:
+ Faster rage
+ Strengt is counted 20% higher
- Can keep only 2 weapon class
- Loose warrior defence bonus on heavy armours

Paladin:

+ Get healing spells that affect paladin and full party
+ Can enchant bandages
- Lower tactics and parry
- Can use only longswords or maces

Soldier:

+ Bonus on all melee attacs
- Cannot never gain healing spells (Not even 100/100 char)
- Cannot never have rogue levels

Mage classes:

Battle mage:

+ Got weapon skill: Staffs
+ Got staff special move
+ Spell Enchanted staffs more effective
- Loose piety

Divine mage:

+ All piety spells got party affect
+ Faster cooldown on healing spells
- Weaker sorcery spells

Elemental mage:

+ Stronger sorcery spells
- Weaker piety and magery spells

Some might be too weak and some too strong... Those are just fast suggests.
Main idea is just quest based special classes.

Joke of day:
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

materia and buster swords

:smile:
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Really love your idea Heikki.

Elemental Attacks and Weaknesses

Fire + more damage vs plants, my Nightmare completely sucks vs wood golems (fire doesn't burn wood???) things like that.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

New banning/jailing rules to be added:

1. Running through hunting places and "one hit" monsters just to se if it is boss should be bannable/jailable.
2. Running through hunting places in hide + kill only certain monsters in rooms (like only IJO shadow mages) should be bannable/jailable (Counted as reverse cleaning and being so :cheese:)

Joke of day:
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

Ability to choose one skill only to go over 100%.

As a way to make the game a bit more customizable you can choose to get, not a group of class skills, but only one of your skills to over 100%. Maybe to 110, or 125. This extra percentage would count towards your skill cap, whether you choose to max a classless skill or not. If you chose to do this with a weapon skill you would gain the extra AS or whatever it is you gain with weapon skills, and maybe a new special that can only be learned at the max percentage. If you chose something like fishing, you'd maybe only ever catch wondrous fish and high end maps if you max the skill. It would be interesting and fun imo to come up with ideas for what each skill would do when it is maxed out and even more fun to choose what you want to max, and to see others choose as well. Hehe. And maybe there could be an /unlimitskill command you'd have to do once you've decided what you want so you wouldn't have to limit skills to 100 to stay safe :P
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

There is very nice switches in EUO nowdays.
Maybe little refine switch-idea:

Switches that ask words or letters to get activated.

For example:
Magical door can ask: "Say proper power word to open this door"

Joke of day:
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

I think you might be able to do that with the lua scripting.
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Message board to Nord where players can leave messages.

Joke of day:
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

I'd like to see a sort of monster run town that closes up during the day but has banks and shops open during the night. Would be a cool addition to Maeondir.

A little further up in this thread Heikki mentioned special offshoot classes from the main three classes.
Heikki wrote:Specialization classes:

1) This choose can be taken only once and there will be no return
2) This choose is optional
3) There will be quests for every special classes
He listed a few and gave some ideas, i think it'd have to be that if you chose to be a specialized class your character would have to still have the 125% class cap and would not be able to level at the shrine of versatility afterwards. Versatility is often the opposite of specialization, after all ;) I liked the idea so much, though, that I scribbled down some whimsical ideas of my own.

Rogue classes
------------------------
Bard
Description - A less brutish type of adventurer that uses the power of song to affect those around them.
Class skills - lockpicking, traps, stealth, a specialized style of unarmed (takes 80% damage bonus from dex, and 20% from str), and music (which takes 80% of skill bonus from dex and 20% from int).
Class pros - Music is the ability to use play tunes on a readied instrument - literally almost exactly the same as casting a spell - who's effects include area party buffs, and area status effects on enemies. Enchanting raises 10% faster.
Clan cons - No ranged, no shortswords, no foils. Bardic unarmed raises 10% slower, and since a two handed instrument must be readied to play tunes, using UA weapons would be unwise.

Hunter
Description - For those who seek no more companions than the land, the animals, and their bow.
Class skills - Ranged, lockpicking, traps.
Class pros - Can shoot targets farther away. Ranged is always 10% faster. Two pets are allowed at once. Pets can grow to 110% thier normal max level. Cartography raises 10% faster.
Class cons - No stealth, no shortswords, no foils. Permanent defense nerf.

Stalker
Description - The perfect assassins, they can follow anyone unseen, waiting for just the right moment to strike.
Class skills - Stealth, shortswords, lockpicking.
Class pros - Ability to gain movement speed equal to that of a horse. Ability to move over any terrain without speed reduction. Ability to move at full speed while hidden. Chance to paralyze or blind on backstab. Backstab penetrates any armor.
Class cons - No ranged, no foils, no traps. All pros listed as an "ability" can only be achieved if wearing full unarmored gear, or no gear. All pros listed as an ability can only be achieved if 80% of all stats are in dexterity - which is a slight nerf to bonus damage on shortswords.

Fighter classes
------------------------
Noble
Description - Trained from youth to be leaders in battle, they are the swiftest of fighters.
Class skills - Tactics, a specialized style of longswords (takes 25% of damage bonus from str, ans 75% from dex), and ranged.
Class pros - Defense boost when wearing full medium armor. Medium armor does not slow movement at all. Ability to dual wield one handed longswords. Can tame human-type enemies. Only fighter class with ranged.
Class cons - No maces, polearms, or axes. No block. Heavy armor slows by 50% more than normal rate, and prevents ability to dual wield longswords.

Defender
Description - Built like stone walls, they are known to be survivors in heated combat.
Class skills - Block, tactics, longswords, axes, polearms, maces.
Class pros - When shield is equipped player receives an automatic defense and MR boost when hp runs low (based on block skill, and strength). Tactics adds 10% to total hp when maxed.
Class cons - Permanent movement speed nerf. Permanent AS nerf.

Berserker
Description - Sanity is often not the mark of the seasoned warrior.
Class skills - Tactics, maces, polearms, axes.
Class pros - AS, movement speed, and attack speed are raised to 150% of normal amounts while rage is full.
Class cons - No block. AS, and attack speed are at 50% of normal amounts when rage is empty. Using rage in order to use a special will often be less effective than simply leaving your rage full for as long as possible.

Mage classes
-----------------------
Priest

Battlemage

Necromancer

I'm usually pretty bad at knowing how magic stuff works in EUO, but those seem the most obvious subclasses of mages. I hope someone comes up with cool ideas for this. It'd be badass if we ever do see this type of expansion :smoke: