VOG and VF unbalanced...

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Dudle
on lolpatrol

VOG and VF unbalanced...

Post by Dudle »

I notice that both VF and VOG are a little unbalanced...VOG hits on average 5 to 6 targets bouncing back and forth, while VF hits a single target.

I saw a post some time ago in the 'things you'd like to see in EUO 1.3' thread by Heniek about an area effect VF - he suggested a 3x3 square - a little too much IMO, unless the damage was scaled to be close to VOG's.

I think a random selection between a + or x pattern would be a little more even...having 5 squares affected by the full damage VF normally does.

Another thought would be to have less cooloff time for VF and have VOG do less damage...

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

3x3 sounds pretty fine - monsters don't line up that often to make it significantly powerful than VOG and it also doesn't make containing explosions in confined areas a problem. The VF damage is comparable to VOG's, it's slightly lower to be precise.
I liked the VOG as it was for some brief period in one of the latest updates - higher starting hit and more steep decrease in damage in later strikes.
Foul beast approaches?!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Some of the mages I've talked to tell me how VF eventually does far less damage than a single blast of vog (hitting 1 target without bouncing). I've travelled with Raiden and also watched his IVPY take out minotaurs with ease and be close to vog in damage(according to him). There are uses for VF if you want to hit only 1 target. When XC didn't affect hellspawn it was often a spell I'd use to tactically strike a single hellspawn or undead. Now that XC is back to harming the daemonkind I find less use for it as it does far less damage in comparison.

Personally, I've thought that casting was broken for a long time. The fact that you can train spells without harming a creature or just continually healing yourself seems a tad cheesy. Sure it is time-consuming but that's it. Without knowing the damage formula per spell in relation to intelligence vs. magic resistance(probably not a factor there), I can't compare correctly.
ZUPS!!!!
Dudle
on lolpatrol

the two spells in relation to xc now...

Post by Dudle »

I thought that having the fireball randomly splash damage in a + or x would be good, so there would be some kind of equal damage for the two spells and an uncontrolable factor - like the choice of targets for chain lightning.

Maybe have the fireball automatically choose 5 or 6 secondary targets around the inital target (3 square radius), and damage them with lessened damage per square away from the impact. You could even have a bloodbolt look to the damage going to the secondary targets from the initial target.

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'