Ideas thread 2007

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Pythian
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Pythian »

Personally, I would like to see the settle time for bow users altered a bit. Instead of having a 0% chance of hitting the target if shot before the settle time, I think it should have like a 10% or even 20% chance of success.

But thats just me.
profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=475
www.methosk.com
A Personal Home Site Built From Scratch.
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Pythian wrote:Personally, I would like to see the settle time for bow users altered a bit. Instead of having a 0% chance of hitting the target if shot before the settle time, I think it should have like a 10% or even 20% chance of success.

But thats just me.
Not sure, but believe this is why I use Xbow...I'd miss several times with sling or sb after moving, missing once with Xbow doesn't bother me as much. Seems to be fair tho, how the hell do you expect to hit a moving DANGEROUS target while running--this aint Hollywood.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Pythian
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Pythian »

This also isn't real life, what I am talking about is for balance, but like I said, its just my own opinion.
profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=475
www.methosk.com
A Personal Home Site Built From Scratch.
Ulric
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Ulric »

I love the new names and I would like to see the name of the boss I killed in the dialog box. So instead of "Attack with <weapon>: Killed minotaur" it would be "Attack with <weapons>: Killed minotaur <name>"
Tabitha
on lolpatrol

Post by Tabitha »

Ulric wrote:I love the new names and I would like to see the name of the boss I killed in the dialog box. So instead of "Attack with <weapon>: Killed minotaur" it would be "Attack with <weapons>: Killed minotaur <name>"
I would have to agree with this one... would be nice to see that
Eternally Grateful To Pythian, and CIA ...TY
Mackey wrote:you guys dont jerk off to transformers? it's pleasure in disguise, dammit!

jumpstart wrote:People who call egg a EggMcFaggot should really suck his EggMcNuggets.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

It would be nice if XC had a chance of actually causing instant death PVM. Or atleast change its name...
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Careful what you wish for. Mobs would certainly get that ability also.
ZUPS!!!!
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

Actually it already says "Hit by >monstername<" but doesn't say "hit >monstername<." (Just like with clones.)
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Eclips wrote:It would be nice if XC had a chance of actually causing instant death PVM. Or atleast change its name...
Would be great!
Keighn wrote:Careful what you wish for. Mobs would certainly get that ability also.
Unless SL's XC, the only monsters that'd be able to do this would be Reds and Balrons. But the only thing i'd see here that'd make someone mad, is if a fighter or a rogue constantly get XCed down in one shot, and the only person gettting a benefit would be mages, while fighters and rouges aren't getting anything.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

XC use to be one hit kill but it was too cheesey,Sakura could one hit reds. So I dont think he'd put the one hit kill thing back in, but hey he just might you never know.
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

I liked the one hit kill thing, hence the name of the spell "Kill," not "Do a lot of damage."
"All things end in judgement."
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Thats why im saying a chance of instant death. 1in50 chance?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You think Balrons, red dragons, and undead lords are the only ones that can xc? You forget the era that euo is in. With lua anything could blast you with xc.
ZUPS!!!!
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

Eclips wrote:Thats why im saying a chance of instant death. 1in50 chance?
Again, the spell is called "Kill" not "1 in 50 chance of you killing something"
"All things end in judgement."
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

PvP town, like Felucca in UO. No guards, monster spawns, but essential shops in the town you'll need to go to. Full PvP, or maybe just pvp for people who are PvP, and drop your loot when killed, if over a certain level, or something like that. I think that would make for a great town, really exciting and such.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

[1]
How about a boost for pets that increases armour or damage. Say... shift (u)se a weapon or piece of armour on a pet and the pet will receive that bonus. So, if you use a blackrock claymore + 3 on a level 21 minotaur, instead of it doing 20-25ish damage, it'll do more like 40 damage. Put a limit in saying they can only use 1 item on a pet and if the pet dies, the item is lost and the pet's bonus is gone (but you can give them another item.) Stat items would just increase the pet's spell damage (int), attack speed (dex), and health/attack damage (str). Magic Casters would only be aided by stat items, Ranged Attackers by ranged weapons, and Melee Attackers by melee weapons. Though all would be aided by defense items, increasing their own defense.

Also having a limit such as:

Lv 5 - + 1 or + 7 stat
Lv 15 - + 2 or + 8 stat
Lv 25 - + 3 or + 9 stat

It would limit the pet bonus to a minimal (only + 3 AS and Def and 9 stats) but it would overall aid the pet and player. (Maybe also equipping a shield to a pet could allow for blocking (again, limited to minimal.))

[2]
Forget if I mentioned this, but allow drops such as Gi Torso of Dexterity + 15 or something. Currently, you are no longer allowed to find torso armour + stats and any other piece of armour + defense. You can't make it either since you took out the old enchanting. Tossing in armour + def and torso + stats would be a nice addition instead of limiting torso to def and the rest to stats/NV/MR.

[3]
I think some sort of Quest Guide would be nice, telling you what NPCs give you what quests and what words activate the sequence of texts that lead up to the quest. I don't see how someone would come up with asking Lord Byron about his wife to start their training at the keep. Some keywords aren't even mentioned or have absolutely nothing to do with the quest.

Might be helpful...
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Bk

Post by Bk »

I agree with you Rurik on the Pets using weapons, but a lvl 50 Black dragon is strong enough, but I'd have to go with ONLY Humainoids being able to use weapons, because they are humans, or atleast partially humain, and should be able to hold a weapon, and also, that pets would have to go by player requirements, so you'd have to be lvl 33 for a +3 weapon, but also the possibility for humainoids (if EVERY pet can hold a weapon), to be the only type of pets that can be wearing/holding more than one thing, like maybe three slots, for say a Torso, Sheild, and Weapon, or Torso, Leggins and Boots (if you wanted to get your pets DEF up), or any combination of items...

And I would also agree with the possibiltity of +stat torso drops, not neccessarly other items getting the + def like you find boots +2 def, but I would like to see the Torso's getting +stat bonuses, it'd make it a little more interesting when I find padded shirts or w/e.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Somewhere during one of the old patches some of the NPCs lost various text strings. Lord Byron is among those. There are also some maps that are missing items due to the old bug when you could drop items on hooks and hit h to pick up all items. Desert tower is missing a fountain, the arena is missing a fountain.
ZUPS!!!!
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

I want a ice dragon with a freeze spell (damage + reducing dex) :)
Bk

Post by Bk »

SanJorge wrote:I want a ice dragon with a freeze spell (damage + reducing dex) :)
Fixed: (damage + AEP)

IFH hurts like hell, why not let an Ice dragon also have a kickass, monster only spell!? :D And it would bring in the ability to make Ice Rod's or Ice wands with Enchanting?.