Enchanting Brainstorms - new craftable items for enchanters

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Enchanting Brainstorms - new craftable items for enchanters

Post by Keighn »

While Ulric beat me to the punch on the general forum I really don't feel comfortable posting idea there for everyone to see. So I suggest we either pm egg with our ideas or post them here. I have such a horrible short term memory that I'll forget the recipes anyway unless written down.

(enchanted bread) Dwarf Cake = Bread, meat, dim blue, essence of rage, nightshade (39 skill) --- sustanence as meat, Khaki & purple pot effect & possibly cursed pot for drug effect)

"Long before the residents of Kazadoom were defeated and up until their last days they manufacturted a rare enchanted bread known as Krumtagh. It was this psychedelic bread that aided them against the invasion of their home. Even then, the hordes crushed them and their king though there are rumours that some ran and hid deep underground."

Living Necrotic Helmet - brain, 3 eyes, heart, leather helmet, nightshade, sporesx6, shadow dust, ooze(at least 1 but 3 would be optimal), golem crystal, essence of lightning (60 skill) --- +3 NV, +3 MR, 3 def(light armour), +1 AS ---- side effect poison & disease self which reapplies itself each step, *cursed can't be removed(not sure if that would work).

"Long before Xile became the imprisoned; and long still before he reached lichdom did he create these foul helms. During his time as a dread necromancer he would arm his legions of the dead with these in hope of a sure success of a swift domination."
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

WOW! Thanks for that link egg. Finally I can put my ideas somewhere besides the dozens of loose sheets of papers everywhere.

Here's my initial crafting bubbles...just basic I need to fill them in.

Keighn's Crafts

I guess we can link from here or put each other in friends lists. I'll be saving two copies; one of which may be edited by friends so I can see the suggestions made directly. I'm Keighn on bubble.us. I need to read about how to link friends.
ZUPS!!!!
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Sorry for the delay, damned busy and brainnumb from store. Here's the entire list, sadly not as poetic as some other smooth posting fellow's.

Thieves Jerkin\par
+8 Dex
+2 NV
+2 Def
type: Studded Tunic

Cloak of the FireyFox
+8 Int
+2 MR
type: robe, goldweave

RageArmor
+8 Str
+2 Def
type: Splint, BR

Staff of Limited Enlightenment
+6 Int
+2 MR
+2 AS
type: staff, vampyric

Henry's Staff
+12 Int
+3 MR
+3 AS
type: Crook, silver

Thieves Ring
+10 Dex
+3 NV

Axefighter's Ring
+9 Str
+5 Dex
+1 Def

DragonShield
+5 MR
+4 Def
type: large shield

Miner's Pick
+10 Str
+2 NV
+4 AS
type: 2H Axe, diamond but with pick av....no clue how to do that trick!

Angler's Pike
+4 AS
+10 Str
type: polearm/spear, copper

Hydra's Fang
ench Vog
+4 AS
type: MG, copper

AnchorBoots
+10 Str
+3 MR
type: Plate

Gloves of the Enchanter
+15 Int
+5 Def
type: leather
uber type here, Damned hard to make...less than 5% chance?

Dork Ring
+5 Str
+5 Dex
-10 Int

Kod's Axe
+5 AS
Ench AEP IVPY
type: Venemous Labrys
reflects his personality and pk past

Extell's Wings
+12 Dex
+3 NV
type: cloak, darkweave

Pirate's Pick
+2 AS
+2 NV
type: Epee

DarkBow
+1 AS
+2 NV
type: ven sb

Lamp
+2 light units over torch
need to know if it can be time limited
wt: 2.5
single use

How about a whole series of rings that can summon? Single use only. Melee monsters only.
example:
Troll Ring
Orc Ring
Would be even better if it were to be cursed, the summons will be hostile.

BoxKey
opens reg door locks, not higher diff ones, or are all doorlocks same difficulty?
this is attempt at starter item, 0 skill to make
basically trying at a more limited version of what drops now.

Shimano Stick
+2 NV
fishing pole from oak
can this be weapon (staff) and used/broken as a fishing pole?

Telescope
SB, near the top of scale

Gold Golem
reg golem +gold title....trying to encourage making golems! and/or raising tinkering
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'd suggest figurines ala Bard's Tale. It this way you can perhaps use a few more of the pics. Too bad we didn't have 32x32 gfx, then the figs could be smaller 16x16 pics.
ZUPS!!!!
Dolus
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Dolus »

Grodst wrote: BoxKey
opens reg door locks, not higher diff ones, or are all doorlocks same difficulty?
this is attempt at starter item, 0 skill to make
basically trying at a more limited version of what drops now.
Motion to rename this the Spiderkey
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'll second that motion. God knows thats going to buff someones ego.
ZUPS!!!!
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

I'm all for "honoring" the oldtimers. Not amongst them myself, so still in awe of folks that are basically half my age in some cases! Ok, 1/3 in saki's
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Grodst wrote:I'm all for "honoring" the oldtimers. Not amongst them myself, so still in awe of folks that are basically half my age in some cases! Ok, 1/3 in saki's
is this in reply to the sticky thread or this thread?

I love old timers as much as anyone but sometimes they get their knickers in a knot X-D
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

Actually, your take is mine as well, Egg.
I was only referring to naming trinkets after the oldtimers, NOT letting buggers in here!
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Combination Enchanting...

Post by Dudle »

Hello,

Well I had this Idea awhile back about lesser artifacts. Im sure it was lost in the sea of posts that is the forums...so here it is again in buble format...and expanded I should say.

http://bubbl.us/view.php?sid=33847&pw=y ... L3RmM28ubw

Username on bubbl.us is Sandman

I thought it was too overpowered so i made the Lvl Req.'s higher...

Dudle
Last edited by Dudle on Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Forging ore in the shrines certainly lead to ideas of my own. OH, smack my brain I had an idea just now that isn't related to enchanting. Anti-Virtue Shrines that take levels away (i'll post this on a different thread).

Anyway, I could see magical ores with certain properties. You have the 8 virtues:
Honor
Honesty
Valor
Sacrifice
Spirituality
Humility
Compassion
Justice

Then Something I've been thinking on is 8 anti-virtue shrines:
I'll think of the names if I find my paper.

Forging regular ore into these would create the appropriate ingots from that shrine. However, to obtain the proper hammer you'd have to finish a series of quests. Perhaps this could bring back the quests from the other pd continent Maeondir (shadowlords) to obtain the shards of the respective shrines. The shards are required to get the hammers of virtue from other NPCs so you could forge the ingots.

What the ingots do when made into armour/weapons I haven't thought out.
ZUPS!!!!
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

I've got this:

http://bubbl.us/view.php?sid=null&pw=ya ... dXlPVXlOQQ

Gulnar on bubbl.us if anybody wants to add me there. I didn't come up with a whole lot of new stuff so far. I posted in the 1.2 bugs thread, although it wasn't really the right place about the difficulty of training enchant now. That's reflected in my bubbles. If training enchant continues to work like other skills (with 20% cap on skill gain), there needs to be more items with a high enchant skill requirement, but easy to obtain ingredients (otherwise, training enchant will be impossible). I'm not coming up with a lot of high enchant, easy ingredients items though. High enchant, hard ingredient items are more fun to contemplate.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Pets...

Post by Dudle »

Advanced commands...everyone has had ideas for advanced attack commands for pets, perhaps for pets that have evolved and/or have reached certain levels - learn new commands. The pets level dictates what commands are known.

There could also be thoughts on non combative commands to fill round-out the command structure - heal would be a great reason to not have a dragon... - a carry command could be usefull for crafters (this may alleviate the need for a bag of holding...) - perhaps using 'a' to activate your pet could bring up a list of available pet commands.

Some commands i have seen in other threads: ranged, melee, heal (as above), and i just thought of /behind (stay on the opposite side of me, from enemies/combat). I think /behind would work to adress the ranged/casting issue - keeping pets from harm while allowing them to guard you with ranged means if any...this would not serve as a way to ensure early pet growth as the pet would need to be lvl'd some ammount to achieve the command in the first place.

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

let me try this again:

http://bubbl.us/view.php?sid=34064&pw=y ... cmtza1Fucw

Looks like that should be working now.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How many of us have a bubble.us account. I found egg and gulnar but no one else.
ZUPS!!!!
Jaral
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Jaral »

Thanks for inviting me to the private forum, Egg.

Here is my idea:
Perhaps enchanters could craft wands of enchantment, one for each type (Wand of Enchant Slaying, Wand of Enchant Defense, etc.). These would be require reasonably high enchanting skill to make (75-100?). They would be single use items, with perhaps 50/50 chance to either break the item it was pointed at or add +1 to the enchant on the item (maybe 1-3 for stats).

This would allow limited enchanting of items and rescue the usefulness of other crafting skills. In fact it would make them far more useful since you would need to enchant an average of 256 items to make a +8. Also it would make hunting for high level items a must: its much easier to get from +6 to +8 (25% chance) than all the way from 0. Wands could be made hardish to get, maybe require drops or soul shards charged from a high level monster (drags and higher maybe maybe?). Also success rates could vary by item ench.. 50% at +1, 10% at +7?

I know that this means that people can eventually make a perfect set of eq, but it would take at least hundreds and more likely thousands of hours of work. Hopefully no one has that much patience...

If there is general interest in this idea I would be glad to work out some probabilities and find appropriate success rates.
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

With the new enchanting it might be a good idea to get rid of separate blue and red shards and introduce a single uniform kind. Back then they were used as 'selectors' for what enchant to make, now it's all done by a handy menu. I think it would make enchanting a little bit easier - there are steps now when the single kind of shards are needed for raising the skill, so player effectively uses only 50% of his shards output at a given moment.

Of the other low caliber ideas(only a scratch, I would forget those if I went sleep):
-artifacts that would require upkeep(possibly just like minus vigour?, faster digesting so you need more food when you carry it?, maybe slowly draining mana/stats/hp?, making player criminal when he carries it?, or not able to kill a certain kind of monsters or the enchantment would vanish?) - another solution to level requirements on items
-temporal enchantments on simple, basic items yielding skill increases, a constant work for enchanter while not simultaneously flowing the market with their creations: non-enchanter could buy an enchant that would last for some period, an enchanter could do it alone(players could incorporate enchanting to their fighting style, harvesting souls of monsters to keep their fighting possibilities)
-maybe it could be done only on 'gray', crafted items to get them more use
Foul beast approaches?!
Dudle
on lolpatrol

More Ideas

Post by Dudle »

Ill add to my bubbl.us in a bit - just wanted to get these down first...

Enchanting

Using monster parts and soulshards to enchant weapons with a damage type and strength. Make these temporary boosts to the weapon...the skill growth for enchantment can be small to encourage competitive sales of enchantments...this would be really cool...imagine really funky combinations of enhancements.

Eample: firey + 3 damage would be essence of fire and a bright shard(whatever color egg chooses).
Im sure people can help with damage types - i thought of firey, electrical (VOG & OG), venomous and vampyric that exist allready, (ess. of fire, ess. of lightning, snake venom, vampire dust).
Perhaps ess. of rage could give an increase in rage accumulation, and preserved eyes and brains acting as truesight.

Consumable's

Horn of Plenty: provides random food when used, 10% chance to break.
Recipe: 10 of meat cheese and bread,magic or reg. + 1 bright red + 1 bright blue shard + 1 horn.
*there could be 2 types providing magical and non-magical foods.

'Dudles Fishing Rod & Lure': +15% to fishing skill up to 115% & increased chance to pull maps, 10% chance to break.
Recipe: magic log, carapace, silver fillings*5, silver powder*5, spider silk*10.
*i had to name something after me 8'D

Updated... http://bubbl.us/view.php?sid=33847&pw=y ... L3RmM28ubw

Dudle

Ulric
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Ulric »

Cool, thread I need to check out all the bubbl stuff but here is an idea that I have told to a few people.

Cloak of Wisdom. When in your inv. your current map location is displayed in the right hand window. Just like the time when carrying a pocket watch.

recipe:
5 gold weave cloth
magic sextant
any item of +12 int
brilliant blue

skill of 70+
soul bound

I made changes to the recipe after some more thought.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Had an idea for a weapon 'of rage' Basically it would be a weapon that when equipped would give you a full rage bar. There would be a 1/20 chance of the weapon breaking. I figured these could be craftable with enchanting skill, something like:

Essence of rage (of course)
a unenchanted weapon (no staffs because they dont have rage attacks)
not sure if it should be a bright or brilliant red shard, but whatever is approppriate.

This would be something that ppl could use the weps made with weaponsmithing for and if you varied the difficulty of making the weapon 'of rage' depending on the weapon, it would make enchanting more trainable.