Extended Play Ideas

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Extended Play Ideas

Post by Keighn »

Something I mentioned in the other thread was anti-virtues. We know the following 8 virtues:
Honor +3 int/+3 str
Honesty +6 int
Valor +6 str
Sacrifice +3 dex/+3 str
Spirituality +2 int/+2 str/+2 dex
Humility +0 stats - removes criminal status
Compassion +6 dex
Justice +3 int/+3 dex

There could be the 8 anti-virtues
Medding at these could invoke criminal status (perhaps pride only). But the most useful would be reducting a players level by 1 and reducing their stats accordingly (i.e. The shrine of Cowardice would reduce your level by 1 and confer a -6 str reduction. The only cheese I forsee would be people medding at pride and having their stats reduced by 0 then medding at another regular shrine after obtaining a level and getting that shrines bonus. My solution would be:

Medding at Pride for a sec infers criminal status instantly. Medding for the period to lose a level makes the subject loose -6 to str/dex/int.

Now if Karma is brought into the game this could lead to an entirely different series of events depending if you're good or evil.
ZUPS!!!!
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Added fun!

Post by Dudle »

Ok heres another synthesis of several ideas...from other threads. :smoke:

Having several 'gods'and picking one to characterize your playing, combinations of pvp, nonpvp with good, selfish, anarchist, evil= 8 types, one for each shrine...alignments reflect your relationship assocciated to said 'god'(how well your acts reflect the alignment you chose)...monsters having alignments and being associated with a 'god'...players and monsters associated with the same god being neutral to each other, killing one would not be good to your alignment & would anger your 'god' and you would be attacked by a swarm of them and struck by ijo, xc, xj, aep, poisoned and plauged?...making alot of offerings to the shrine associated with your 'god' to recieve a random artifact associated with your 'god' (one 'god' related item in your inv at a time). :cool:

What do ya think?

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I can't remember if it was Catherin's or Aky's idea about meding at humility to gain say +1% to maximum Class Skill %. Thus say you already have filled out your 100% fighter and 25% mage and you're lvl 200. Well, when you get your "Gain a level" message you could med at humility for said level and gain 1 more % for a total of 126% to max skills. Perhaps eventually getting up to 300%.
ZUPS!!!!
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Repost

Post by Dudle »

Dudle wrote:I think the real problem for most people is not getting anything after lvl 200 for your experience. If there was something for going from 99% to 0% xp then I think people wouldnt be as annoyed about the cap.

Now if there was a check to determine if the character was level 200 or over while medding at a shrine (at 99%), you could insert different effects.

Here are some of my thoughts...

Allow the player to shuffle 3 stat points around around by using S, D & I to take points away - and s, d & i to add points.

Have a 0.5% increase to the class cap every 'level' past 200. This would take 150 'lvls' to get a 200% class cap(max.).

A small (5%) chance of an Shrine Artifact appearing, (an appropriate level item for the character - weapon or armour), with a relation to the shrine itself, dex items and related weapons from the dex shrine, int items and related weapons from the int shrine, ect...new artifacts might need to be made with +4 MR or +4 NV and +8 AS (weapon) or [+40 or +20 & +20] stat gains (armour) that reflect the nature of the shrine.

I know the last one will never happen though...8'D

Dudle
That was my post in the lvl 200 cap complaint thread. Guess I could be wrong about the last sentence in the quote though...or this sentence.

Dudle

:smoke:
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Keighn wrote:I can't remember if it was Catherin's or Aky's idea about meding at humility to gain say +1% to maximum Class Skill %. Thus say you already have filled out your 100% fighter and 25% mage and you're lvl 200. Well, when you get your "Gain a level" message you could med at humility for said level and gain 1 more % for a total of 126% to max skills. Perhaps eventually getting up to 300%.
Ye, I suggested the extra 1% skill cap.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Me and Keighn were talking and had an idea for remort for reg. Instead of it working like it does on PD what would happen is this:

You would be able to remort at level 100
you lose all your stats(except for 25 in each stat + 5 in a stat of your choice) and you go back to level 1
You keep your skills
your skill cap is increased to 200%
Here's where it gets interesting, you can choose to train a different class than you already are (100% in 2 classes) or continue training in the SAME class you were up to 200%. So for example if you were a lvl 100 fighter and you remorted you could train to be a fighter 100%/ mage 100% combo or as a fighter 200%. The extra 100% would allow for higher AS and Def for fighters and maybe some other special moves. for rogues 200% would mean higher AS and extra abilities. For mages 200% there would have to be some new uber spells that they could have access to.

Another idea we had was the idea of 'retiring' level 200+ characters. Not manditory retirement, but by retiring your character you would gain some sort of cool benefit. It'd be nice if there were an in-game Hall of Fame where level 200+ players could be immortalized. Maybe if a 200+ player does 'retire' then a NPC version of them could be made and put in the game somewhere. They could be made part of quests and such should quests be added after they retire.