Question about mining

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Belkar
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Question about mining

Post by Belkar »

Hi

I am currently in a quest that requires copper ore. I didn't find any yet. I increased the skill to 19 points at the University in the hope of boosting my mining talent but I still suck!

I am mining away at mountain after mountain and I found some stuff like emerald &c, but my skill does not increase at all even after a long time of mining!

It's still 19.0000000 - am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for your answers.
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Question about mining

Post by Assailant »

It's been awhile since I lvl'd mining but I believe in order to raise the skill you need to mine different types of ores. Sometimes the ore types can be hidden deeper into the mountains. Do you have a grappling hook by chance?
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Assailant wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:30 pm It's been awhile since I lvl'd mining but I believe in order to raise the skill you need to mine different types of ores. Sometimes the ore types can be hidden deeper into the mountains. Do you have a grappling hook by chance?
I have! Thank you for this information!
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Assailant »

So I had to check the manual to remember how it all worked, your skill probably can't be raised further by strictly mining. Your gonna need a pair of smelting tongs and a brazier to smelt those ores into ingots or other various items. You can have a look here http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Mining
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Assailant wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:42 pm So I had to check the manual to remember how it all worked, your skill probably can't be raised further by strictly mining. Your gonna need a pair of smelting tongs and a brazier to smelt those ores into ingots or other various items. You can have a look here http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Mining
I'll try this.

Thanks a lot for your help!!
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Assailant wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:30 pm Sometimes the ore types can be hidden deeper into the mountains. Do you have a grappling hook by chance?
Nope, this makes no difference at all - every mountain tile has the same chance depending on your mining skill/race.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

Assailant wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:42 pm So I had to check the manual to remember how it all worked, your skill probably can't be raised further by strictly mining. Your gonna need a pair of smelting tongs and a brazier to smelt those ores into ingots or other various items. You can have a look here http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Mining
I still don't have any ore...I'll try harder then.

http://www.flatlandcomics.ca/images/JokeMining.jpg
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

the quest that he's referring to (iirc) is the one where he has to go down to Kazadoom. Mining won't work.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

EmoMage wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:37 pm the quest that he's referring to (iirc) is the one where he has to go down to Kazadoom. Mining won't work.
This seems is the dungeon called Kurzmord'ar.
I just satisfied Lord Bri...Byron it seems :smile:
Thank you!
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

could someone please let me in on the answer to Giggles' St.Ives riddle? I am sure I have the right answer but she doesn't react to it :-S

Usually the answer is 2801 not counting the teller. But no way she will accept this :?

Edit: oh my I was stupid I found the correct answer :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: