bards

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: bards

Postby SanJorge » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:08 am

New fans worked fine on PD with 1k char , one of my favorite. It works on summons.
SanJorge
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Postby CinisterD » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:06 am

Charm is a weird effect in euo in general. I would suggest maybe looking at another ability to replace it with.

Maybe an AoE sleep song? No clue what to suggest, but new fans feels like a definite placeholder.
CinisterD
Here for the lesbians.

Postby Mackey » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:29 am

Rage buff is kind of useless. With the dmg buff I seem to be generating rage at the same rate.

MR buff is way too low to be viable.

Possible replacements are AS buff and a % based MR buff.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby Keighn » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 am

For lowbie newb levels its ok. Saved my bacon a few times. Mostly testing out the loot bonus. I'm not sure if that's mob-based, chest-based, both or works with loot artifacts?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby Mackey » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:34 am

Is magic parry/riposte based on AS or just skill?
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby Keighn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:05 pm

I don't suppose I can get an explanation on how +loot works with the lute. Does it stack with the +loot on artifacts? Is it mostly for chests or bosses? Is it working on all servers correctly? I ask because I'm not sure if say a mob drops oh +7s weapons (non tint), then should it with +loot drop say +8s or more tints?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby LaughingCoyote » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Keighn wrote:I don't suppose I can get an explanation on how +loot works with the lute. Does it stack with the +loot on artifacts? Is it mostly for chests or bosses? Is it working on all servers correctly? I ask because I'm not sure if say a mob drops oh +7s weapons (non tint), then should it with +loot drop say +8s or more tints?

Chests and Drops appear to work on a scale of 1-16. Sort of like treasure maps lvl 0-15. +9AS weps come from level 15-16 drops (maybe 14,15,16), +8s from (13,14,15) etc. Loot bonus works bumps up the level of the drop, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a normally +8AS drop becomes a +9AS drop.

It has, as far as I know, no effect on artifact drop rate. That seems to be flat rate chance, around 1/200 drops is an arty, regardless of the level of the drop.

Also as far as I know, there are no artifacts with a +loot bonus - at least none that I've been told or reported on the new artifact thread.

Loot bonus does not stack with other loot bonus auras - so having two bards with loot bonus aura on is redundant. If +loot aura exists in the new arty weps, I would assume that it wouldn't stack either.

Can't say if it works on all servers correctly, but it definitely works on Reg.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.

eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
LaughingCoyote
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Postby DannyOrange » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:40 am

Eclips wrote:I think you made stealth and music mutually exclusive bc Backstab would be OP on the build. I agree with that sentiment, but think there's no reason a bard couldn't also be stealthy. I suggest switching stealth with short swords..

Started as a newb bard. This is how I thought the class would play. I assumed assassin moves wouldn't be available but I didn't expect no stealth at all. Seems noticeably more challenging just starting out compared to the other classes I've started. Definitely for Eclips' suggestion here :)
DannyOrange
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Previous

Return to EUO General