fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Tink » Sun May 06, 2018 1:43 pm

You really like Dodge.
^_^
Tink
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Keighn » Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 am

HE SURE DOES!!


He sure does......
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
User avatar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Exiled fucking again.... Georgia ATM!!!

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby SanJorge » Sun May 20, 2018 6:49 am

only 200 damage per hit with a full upgraded lvl 740 fighter (+FG) thanks to that NERF, i tried to push harder and lost a stone, was much better before.
User avatar
SanJorge
I once posted in TFIOOC!
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Tink » Sun May 20, 2018 7:29 am

:D
Tink
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Azalynn » Sun May 20, 2018 9:19 am

SanJorge wrote:only 200 damage per hit with a full upgraded lvl 740 fighter (+FG) thanks to that NERF, i tried to push harder and lost a stone, was much better before.

What the hell are you using? an untinted longsword? LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]
Azalynn
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Keighn » Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 am

A frying pan.
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
User avatar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Exiled fucking again.... Georgia ATM!!!

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Azalynn » Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 pm

eggmceye wrote:
Mackey wrote:
SanJorge wrote:Dont ask me to try something , i did more than you can ever do in the next 5 years, dodge is fine, i tested it, so you are wrong about endgame so badly.


Dodge is pretty useless at level 500 with the correct ratio for rogue stats. So you’re wrong about dodge.


is dodge worth improving?

This may be something to explore for rogues. Being able to dodge melee AND magical attacks more frequently than other classes would be a huge surviability buff to rogues but is legit. :)
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]
Azalynn
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Azalynn » Sun May 20, 2018 1:43 pm

SanJorge wrote:Just check updates of 2017, the were 2 dodge buffs, then this threat says "dodge is useless for fighters", of course , if you dont update your playstyle it will stay the same.

Actually the force adjacted dragontype monsters to melee buffs def too.

Well first off, the game has been the same for the majority of the game, there is no adaptation to deal with. New mobs, sure, but your standard dragons, balrons, daemons, etc have been the same forever. (minus dragon melee)

On that note, hes absolutely right about mitigating dragons melee damage with defense. With my Mithril plate +7 set (over 100 def) i take basically zero damage from both magic AND physical. It has its uses but its suuuuper niche. (also looks cool)
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]
Azalynn
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby eggmceye » Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 am

SanJorge wrote:only 200 damage per hit with a full upgraded lvl 740 fighter (+FG) thanks to that NERF, i tried to push harder and lost a stone, was much better before.


assuming you didn't respec ....

I still like the idea of a 75/25 stance
User avatar
eggmceye
hello
 
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:55 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby SanJorge » Fri May 25, 2018 1:00 am

Yes , no respec , this char is human Fighter/Rogue , 180 dmg melee and 250 dmg arrows (no FG) , mixed stat gear . I would ihave died a few times more with less dex, no mani only potions.

I noticed , while playing weekly, that the new stance could help to build stronger gnome fighters because you dont need a 2h weapon for it.
User avatar
SanJorge
I once posted in TFIOOC!
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby EmoMage » Fri May 25, 2018 11:09 am

Azalynn wrote:Give half trolls 10% more attack speed than what they have. They would be alot more common if they had a slight increase in power. One handed weapons just dont scale half as well as two handed (fighters) and with that slight attack speed edge on the other classes it could become comparable to the other classes. Especially with the bonuses the other races have in comparison, half trolls are lackluster. :-S
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote:Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
User avatar
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:10 am

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby SanJorge » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:43 pm

I still dont know why this was rushed, i have always some amount of rage now when i play EUO and see that the one that suggested it arent playing and the new stance isnt coming, so nonplayer served 1st.
User avatar
SanJorge
I once posted in TFIOOC!
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Keighn » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Who isn’t playing that you speak of SJ?
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
User avatar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Exiled fucking again.... Georgia ATM!!!

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby SanJorge » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Move back to page one X-D
User avatar
SanJorge
I once posted in TFIOOC!
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Keighn » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:24 am

Eh... dunno. Anyways. More dodge and abilities to deflect magic with monk fists like DBZ and charge up like my meditate and fly... yeah EUO-SUPER where we punch explosions. AND DODGE!!!!
User avatar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Exiled fucking again.... Georgia ATM!!!

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby eggmceye » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:06 pm

SanJorge wrote:I still dont know why this was rushed, i have always some amount of rage now when i play EUO and see that the one that suggested it arent playing and the new stance isnt coming, so nonplayer served 1st.


the sorta whingy tone that is going to make me leap to my feet and program this feature, standing up
User avatar
eggmceye
hello
 
Posts: 10103
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:55 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Onyxt » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:56 pm

eggmceye wrote:
SanJorge wrote:I still dont know why this was rushed, i have always some amount of rage now when i play EUO and see that the one that suggested it arent playing and the new stance isnt coming, so nonplayer served 1st.


the sorta whingy tone that is going to make me leap to my feet and program this feature, standing up

How does the dodge formula even work? Did the 75/25 ratio give that much more dodge or is he just crying like a child for no reason.
Onyxt
Posting from my ass computer.
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:54 am

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Keighn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 am

Yeah I’m curious as hell myself. Would an all dex artful dodger alt just be overkill as far as dodge goes? When does it cap out?
User avatar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Exiled fucking again.... Georgia ATM!!!

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Chedich » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:01 am

As far as my understanding goes the difference between 75/25 and 90/10 builds is somewhere along the lines of 5-20% dodge depending on your level. But seeming as SanJorge still plays with a 75/25 build I guess the issue is that he's lost DPS when all weapon builds has been changed to a 90/10 str/dex ratio?
Chedich
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:51 am

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Keighn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:52 am

It’s almost like bitching about the pizza you’re eating because pepperoni to cheese ratio is not to your liking since the party you’re at chose Dominos instead of Pappa Johns.
User avatar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;
 
Posts: 4972
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Exiled fucking again.... Georgia ATM!!!

Previous

Return to EUO General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron