fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby eggmceye » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:02 am

Someone recalls Kodiak? LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
User avatar
eggmceye
hello
 
Posts: 10092
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:55 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Devlin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:10 am

eggmceye wrote:Someone recalls Kodiak? LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON


I think I still have his Soulstealer :3 LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
User avatar
Devlin
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby SanJorge » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:10 pm

I noticed 90/10 str /dex is big nerf for RPG players. I can understand the one stat ratio base for class thing, but not the value it ended.

1 reason Why buff the strongest variant nerf other variants , 90/10 fighters had already the highest DPS and highest HP, 75/25 and 60/40 fighter took less damage (wich was ignored here XD ) and move faster before max lvl.

75/25 would have been fair.

Trying to fix the movement problem with mount in a dungeons allows me to skip barriers (annathema start and the hydra part mainly with raft) thanks.
User avatar
SanJorge
I once posted in TFIOOC!
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Tink » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:35 am

Dude.. you're like a broken record.

Dodge really doesn't seem viable with end game EUO content. Enjoy the better stat (HP), or try a rogue if you want to be a dodgey boy. :--;:
Tink
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby SanJorge » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:41 am

Dont ask me to try something , i did more than you can ever do in the next 5 years, dodge is fine, i tested it, so you are wrong about endgame so badly.
User avatar
SanJorge
I once posted in TFIOOC!
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby eggmceye » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:16 am

:psychotic: pls be kind, when euo is the last game left in the world all we will have is each other LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
User avatar
eggmceye
hello
 
Posts: 10092
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:55 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Tink » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:57 am

I giggled.
Tink
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Keighn » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:24 am

Yeah, no sense getting dragonskin panties in a bunch.
User avatar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;
 
Posts: 4952
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
Location: From the depths of Oregon he returns.... KEIGHN!!!!

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Rumper » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Personally speaking, what's the point of having other weapons in game if no - one uses them. That's why we all should think of minor advantages or funny stuff when wielding those weapons no one wields.
For example, a meat cleaver gives a 100% drop rate of meat when killing with it. A spear can hit up to to 2 blocks away. A halberd does AOE in a cone damage kind of thing, longswords get extra bling... etc I'm sure you guys can think all kinds of different reasons on why to use a certain weapon. Maybe even make mob specific weapons and not just slash/blunt/pierce resistance etc, a spear would be for example ultra-effective against kraken etc, but that's too much work.
But so far, keep the ultimate balance out. It's not worth the fun that's being diminished.
User avatar
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Mackey » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:46 am

SanJorge wrote:Dont ask me to try something , i did more than you can ever do in the next 5 years, dodge is fine, i tested it, so you are wrong about endgame so badly.


Dodge is pretty useless at level 500 with the correct ratio for rogue stats. So you’re wrong about dodge.
User avatar
Mackey
Posting from my ass computer.
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:18 am
Location: Cleveland, OH, US

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Keighn » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:40 am

Even a bow isn't always all that useful against the Kraken if you're a wimp. That bugger can grab you and rape you if it really wants to.
User avatar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;
 
Posts: 4952
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
Location: From the depths of Oregon he returns.... KEIGHN!!!!

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby eggmceye » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:39 am

Mackey wrote:
SanJorge wrote:Dont ask me to try something , i did more than you can ever do in the next 5 years, dodge is fine, i tested it, so you are wrong about endgame so badly.


Dodge is pretty useless at level 500 with the correct ratio for rogue stats. So you’re wrong about dodge.


is dodge worth improving?
User avatar
eggmceye
hello
 
Posts: 10092
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:55 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Mackey » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:48 am

eggmceye wrote:
Mackey wrote:
SanJorge wrote:Dont ask me to try something , i did more than you can ever do in the next 5 years, dodge is fine, i tested it, so you are wrong about endgame so badly.


Dodge is pretty useless at level 500 with the correct ratio for rogue stats. So you’re wrong about dodge.


is dodge worth improving?


Not sure how to balance with block and make accessible for more than just rogues. I know 5e of D&D roll dodge into AC as just avoiding damage. Defense has needed some loving for awhile now, might be worth looking into. Block, dodge, parry all add to Armour Class? Riposte remains the same, I’d say.
User avatar
Mackey
Posting from my ass computer.
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:18 am
Location: Cleveland, OH, US

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Tink » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:26 am

What if MR went away and defense mitigated all incoming damage?

Probably a terrible idea, but I feel like it would simplify so many things.
Tink
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Azalynn » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:59 am

Tink wrote:What if MR went away and defense mitigated all incoming damage?

Probably a terrible idea, but I feel like it would simplify so many things.

Just be a dwarf with full mithiril +7 def gear, two birds one stone :lesson:
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]
Azalynn
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 am

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby eggmceye » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:38 am

Tink wrote:What if MR went away and defense mitigated all incoming damage?

Probably a terrible idea, but I feel like it would simplify so many things.


nah, 2 separate defense concepts (phyiscal, magical) is a good trope ... whether or not their implementation in euo is any good or not is another story :2cool:
User avatar
eggmceye
hello
 
Posts: 10092
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:55 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby EmoMage » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:42 am

Tink wrote:What if MR went away and defense mitigated all incoming damage?

Probably a terrible idea, but I feel like it would simplify so many things.


what if we, and by we i mean egg ofc, made it more like a harry potter style thing. make all ranged spells have animation, much like VF, but slow down the animation by about half. You could see the attack coming and move/dodge it, or cast a counter attack/spell to a) take less damage or b) block the spell all together. I don't know much about shield bash, but shield bash could be a blocking move for incoming spells.

edit on the harry potter: when harry and voldemort cast spells at each other, you see the spell coming, but can cast a counter spell to not take damage. make sense?
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote:Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
User avatar
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:10 am

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby SanJorge » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:06 am

Thats right MR,Def,dodge and resistances are the basic (there is tactics,shield and some monk skill) way to avoid/reduce damage. You cant have them all , you can only focus on 1 or 2 but that makes characters different.
My Fighter/Rogue is ok at dodging heroic dragons now, lvl 534 , 1820 str 620 dex. (i use FG all the time).
But my old Fighter (there is a copy on alpha) had mithril gear 90 def, 85/15 Fighter/Priest , that worked too. I like to have options .

Dodge seem to work better with lighter gear.There doesnt seem much research about it. (How much dex is needed to dodge 50% of attacks of a certain monster for example).

EDIT: I tested is with some PvP , other Fighter with 25 dex was able to dodge arrow and VF from my vamp XBow VF , melee attacks were ok but i did dodge less than i hoped for.
User avatar
SanJorge
I once posted in TFIOOC!
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby Keighn » Sat May 05, 2018 2:20 am

DBZ > HP.
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
User avatar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;
 
Posts: 4952
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:13 am
Location: From the depths of Oregon he returns.... KEIGHN!!!!

Re: fighter (and other class) stat splits argument thread

Postby SanJorge » Sun May 06, 2018 6:06 am

Just check updates of 2017, the were 2 dodge buffs, then this threat says "dodge is useless for fighters", of course , if you dont update your playstyle it will stay the same.

Actually the force adjacted dragontype monsters to melee buffs def too.
User avatar
SanJorge
I once posted in TFIOOC!
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Germany

PreviousNext

Return to EUO General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron