PVP Tournament Resurrection (2018)

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

PVP Tournament Resurrection (2018)

Postby CinisterD » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:36 am

Going to try to keep this the shortest initial first post possible to keep people engaged.

We haven't had a tournament since 2015. The player base dipped a bit, and it didn't warrant even holding a tourny.

I plan on sticking around, and I've spoken to other players who are interested in bringing the tourny back.

Wanted to first get Eggs "OK", and then we can work out details. If we start ironing out the rules now, the competition should run smoothly in August.

Happy to organize, schedule, and register essentially everything.

Let's do this y'all!
CinisterD
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Re: PVP Tournament Resurrection (2018)

Postby DUTCHMAN » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 am

Like, upvote, thumbs up. Whatever you cool kids do to say you agree with something on the interwebz now a days
DUTCHMAN
BBQ ABC <3

Postby Mackey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:45 am

http://www.strawpoll.me/14865309
Made a poll about tournament type
Mackey
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Postby Mackey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:48 am

I think we're all at the point where if you're at/near level 500, you've got the best gear you can. Personally I say any gear should be allowed, with some exceptions, like glass weapons and other really cheesy shit.
Mackey

Postby Mackey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:57 am

A possible variation on the PVP server could be unlimited tint wands and a better choice of gear, so that you could really see a combination of skill and preparation, i.e. Every type of armor with every possible enhancement
Mackey

Postby eggmceye » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:42 pm

I'm happy to set up a tourney
I think the format should be by popular choice, and it's either pvp server with fixed levels and a spending limit, or just have it on reg
obviously, if there are enough takers then the reg version is best, and if there are few takers then the pvp server version is the best
eggmceye
hello

Postby Keighn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:43 pm

You know since you have a pvp server its a wonder with all the algorythms and such thats its not fully automated with a wider variety of arenas. After entering the gateway for each participant it would be keen if say you were surrounded by mountains and a timer was counting down by say 10. Hitting zero both mountain barriers disappear then battle commences. after death, a win token ends up in inventory and both participants reset for next battle (countdown again). Fully automated and death screenies should make it simple. Always recall having a ref could be a pain to find. But i hadn't been in a tourney in ages. Just figured crazy random arenas breaks the stale age ol missionary arena.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Location: From the depths of Oregon he returns.... KEIGHN!!!!

Postby DUTCHMAN » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:38 am

LOVE THAT IDEA Keighn.....

ALSO, I have a small youtube channel. If we get a PVP tourney going, I would like to make videos for every match, then put it on You tube.

Unfortunately I do not have the time or ability to capture matches. This is where everyone else comes in.

Unless if Egg can somehow put a camera in there to capture matches? if that is possible.

Let me know I would love to do this for the game.
DUTCHMAN
BBQ ABC <3

Postby Keighn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:34 am

I been screwing around with dosbox/dfend and many emulators. Its nice they can capture pics, vids, sound. Euo can scrn shot. Itd be cool if it could also record on its own. Our own go-pro euo.
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Location: From the depths of Oregon he returns.... KEIGHN!!!!

Postby Mackey » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Based on the voting, it seems the classic style on Reg is what people wanna go with. Should I close that poll and we can start sorting out the rules?
Mackey

Return to EUO General