PVP Tournament Resurrection (2018)

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: PVP Tournament Resurrection (2018)

Post by Mackey »

2018-19 PVP Tournament rules
How it works:
To be on Reg server
Matches are in round-robin format. Everyone fights everyone in their division. You get 2 points for a win, 1 for a loss and 0 for not fighting at all.
1.) Each match consists of 3 rounds. The winner is determined by the best of those 3 rounds.
2.) Each match must have a referee or 2 credible witnesses to verify the fight.
3.) Each match will take place in the Classic Arena.
4.) After the 3 rounds are completed both combatants must submit the results to the armoury page
5.) Victor of the match gets 2 points, vanquished gets 1
6.) If a player can be demonstrated as having declined to fight w/o a valid excuse then the challenger gets 2 points and the defaulter gets 0

Rules:
1.) Once inside the ring, ONLY HEALING (YELLOW+CLEAR) AND MANA (BLUE) POTIONS ARE ALLOWED. No other pots are allowed.
1.1) You can use any pot or fountain or cheese you like to buff yourself before entering the classic arena fight area, but once you have entered, no leaving for feel great, no unauthorized buffs (clear potions, purple potions, ritual sacrifice, etc) between rounds.

2.) Only 3 heals per round allowed! This includes all healing spells, pots, foods, abilities (except vampyric attacks), etc
2.1) Included in “heals” are: Yellow potions, Mega Yellow potions, Mani, Vas Mani, Xen Mani (on self), corpses/food that restore HP, etc.
2.2) Soul Transfer does NOT count against your three heals.
2.3) Bandages do NOT count against your three heals.

3.) Only 5x of EACH SCROLL is allowed.

4.) All armour tints are allowed, all +s

5.) All weapons allowed. All tints allowed except glass weapons. All +s allowed.

6.) Most spells are allowed, NO SUMMONS ALLOWED, (use of healing spells is governed by rule 2).
6.1) Stone form is again ALLOWED.

7.) No pets allowed.

8.) No use of healing wards, fire wards, cursed bandages, or other cheesy items. If there are questions on the "cheesiness" of an item, ask the referee before the match. Interpretation of rules by referee will be decisive.

9.) Matches with vampires to begin at night and continue until completed, even if into the daytime.

10.) Breaking any of the rules or leaving the arena during the fight will result in a DQ of the current round (not the entire match).

How to submit your match result:
After you have fought your 3 rounds and agree on who won and who lost, both combatants must log in to the armoury page, and submit their results via the link at the top of the tournament page HERE:

It should be pretty self explanatory. You both must first select the character you fought with, then your opponent, then select whether you won or lost, then click submit. When you have both submitted the same result, the match will be finalized and 2 points given to the winner and one to the loser. If you can't agree who won, the match will be flagged as being in dispute, and no body will get any points.

If one player can be proven to have declined a fight (eg as evidenced in chatlogs or screenshots) then the challenger gets the full 2 points and the player who defaults gets 0.

You will be able to submit your results from the time that the tournament opens until the time the tournament ends. Any match results not submitted to the armoury will not be considered, and will not count. It is in your interest to complete your fights on time.

Classes:
1-50 Newbie
51-100 Featherweight
101-150 Lightweight
151-200 Middleweight
201-250 Welterweight
251-300 Heavyweight
301-350 Elite 350
351-450 Ultra 450
451-500 Undisputed

Entry Fees:
NO ENTRY FEES

If you find yourself unable to find a referee, or don't believe an available referee to be impartial, message me on discord and I will do my best to referee your match. I believe in sportsmanship and will call your match fairly, even if your victory would mean a bracket loss for myself.
Also, I will be attempting to record/stream matches, with consent of the combatants, so if you want your fight recorded, please message me and allow some time for me to get to my computer.
Last edited by Mackey on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

I think we're all at the point where if you're at/near level 500, you've got the best gear you can. Personally I say any gear should be allowed, with some exceptions, like glass weapons and other really cheesy shit.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

A possible variation on the PVP server could be unlimited tint wands and a better choice of gear, so that you could really see a combination of skill and preparation, i.e. Every type of armor with every possible enhancement
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I'm happy to set up a tourney
I think the format should be by popular choice, and it's either pvp server with fixed levels and a spending limit, or just have it on reg
obviously, if there are enough takers then the reg version is best, and if there are few takers then the pvp server version is the best
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You know since you have a pvp server its a wonder with all the algorythms and such thats its not fully automated with a wider variety of arenas. After entering the gateway for each participant it would be keen if say you were surrounded by mountains and a timer was counting down by say 10. Hitting zero both mountain barriers disappear then battle commences. after death, a win token ends up in inventory and both participants reset for next battle (countdown again). Fully automated and death screenies should make it simple. Always recall having a ref could be a pain to find. But i hadn't been in a tourney in ages. Just figured crazy random arenas breaks the stale age ol missionary arena.
DUTCHMAN
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by DUTCHMAN »

LOVE THAT IDEA Keighn.....

ALSO, I have a small youtube channel. If we get a PVP tourney going, I would like to make videos for every match, then put it on You tube.

Unfortunately I do not have the time or ability to capture matches. This is where everyone else comes in.

Unless if Egg can somehow put a camera in there to capture matches? if that is possible.

Let me know I would love to do this for the game.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I been screwing around with dosbox/dfend and many emulators. Its nice they can capture pics, vids, sound. Euo can scrn shot. Itd be cool if it could also record on its own. Our own go-pro euo.
ZUPS!!!!
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Based on the voting, it seems the classic style on Reg is what people wanna go with. Should I close that poll and we can start sorting out the rules?
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Assailant »

Keighn wrote:I been screwing around with dosbox/dfend and many emulators. Its nice they can capture pics, vids, sound. Euo can scrn shot. Itd be cool if it could also record on its own. Our own go-pro euo.
Sorry this is off topic, Look into Open Broadcast Software. You're able to screen capture or window capture and automatically save locally. Ton of other goodies as well.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Alright, now that the birthday weekend is over let’s get back to work on planning the 2018 pvp tournament. Based on the first two polls, it looks like people want a classic tournament on reg with all gear allowed and some restrictions on items like glass.
New poll will be up soon for all level brackets or just one level 500 bracket.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

here's the old poll results
pollresults.PNG
looks like I could scrap the pvp server and rebuild that as the battle royal server? then for the pvp tourney just do it the old way with lvl cats and basic restrictions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

That could work, especially since you already copy to PVP at 500 with no gear.

Updated poll concerning level brackets
http://www.strawpoll.me/15491371

edit: looks like classic style with level brackets is what people are leaning towards.
Please comment with items you think should be banned from the tournament and we can start sorting out the rules
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

From 2014 PVP tournament thread, edited by me:
How it works:
Matches are in round robin format. Everyone fights everyone in their division. You get 2 points for a win, 1 for a loss and 0 for not fighting at all.

1.) Each match consists of 3 rounds. The winner is determined by the best of those 3 rounds.
2.) Each match must have a referee or 2 credible witnesses to verify the fight.
3.) Each match will take place in the Classic Arena.
4.) After the 3 rounds are completed both combatants must submit the results to the armoury page
5.) Victor of the match gets 2 points, vanquished gets 1
6.) If a player can be demonstrated as having declined to fight w/o a valid excuse then the challenger gets 2 points and the defaulter gets 0

Rules:
1.) Once inside the ring, ONLY HEALING (YELLOW+CLEAR) AND MANA (BLUE) POTIONS ARE ALLOWED. No other pots are allowed.
2.) Only 3 heals per round allowed! This includes all healing spells, pots, foods, abilities (except vampyric attacks), etc
3.) Only 3x corpses eaten in wolf mode (this is a clarification of rule 2 for those who wish to fight in wolf form). These count towards your 3 total heals.
4.) Only 5x of EACH SCROLL is allowed.
5.) All armour tints are allowed, all +s
6.) All weapons allowed, except for muskets. All tints allowed except glass weapons. All +s allowed.
7.) Most spells are allowed, ONLY KXC SUMMON ALLOWED (though use of healing spells is governed by rule 2) STONE FORM IS NOT ALLOWED.
8.) No pets allowed
9.) No use of healing wards or cursed bandages.
10.) Breaking any of the rules or leaving the arena during the fight will result in a DQ of the current round (not the entire match)

To expand on rule 1 - you can use any pot or fountain or cheese you like to buff yourself before entering the classic arena fight area. Once you are in the fighting area, any use of pots & VM will be logged. If you use any pot other than yellow or blue, you will lose the current round (or next round if you are not currently fighting).

To expand on rule 6 - Vamp -VS- Non Vamp matchup, match is to be fought at night, or underground.

How to submit your match result
After you have fought your 3 rounds and agree on who won and who lost, both combatants must log in to the armoury page, and submit their results via the link at the top of the tournament page HERE:

It should be pretty self explanatory. You both must first select the character you fought with, then your opponent, then select whether you won or lost, then click submit. When you have both submitted the same result, the match will be finalized and 2 points given to the winner and one to the loser. If you can't agree who won, the match will be flagged as being in dispute, and no body will get any points.

If one player can be proven to have declined a fight (eg as evidenced in chatlogs or screenshots) then the challenger gets the full 2 points and the player who defaults gets 0.

You will be able to submit your results from the time that the tournament opens until the time the tournament ends. Any match results not submitted to the armoury will not be considered, and will not count. It is in your interest to complete your fights on time.

Classes:
1-50 Newbie
51-100 Featherweight
101-150 Lightweight
151-200 Medium
201-250 Heavy
251-300 Elite
301-350 Ultra Elite 350
351-450 Ultra Elite 450
451-500 - Undisputed
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I'm in. I'll keep an eye on when the date is.

Sidenote: I've always hated the 3 heal rule, do most people actually like it? I think have 0 heals or 1 heal would be easier to keep track of.
IGN: 1
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

n i dont feel like the person thats a vamp should just get the advantage of fighting at night just cuz they picked vamp n the sun hurts them that was there choice , they still get the vamp leech , so fighting at night or underground is unfair really
no heals would be ok ;)
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

dirtyking wrote:n i dont feel like the person thats a vamp should just get the advantage of fighting at night just cuz they picked vamp n the sun hurts them that was there choice , they still get the vamp leech , so fighting at night or underground is unfair really
no heals would be ok ;)
If you’re that afraid to fight me at night ok LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

To Mack n all other vamp, which I have one , I just don’t feel like you should automatically get the advantage of fighting in the dark you choose to be a vampire use ur shield that stops u from getting hurt by the sun ,
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

Also are we doing the tournament still? N if so when?
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Are there any more arguments for or against any of the rules that anyone would like to talk about? I want to get these rules sorted soon so we can possibly start sign ups in december. Conversation also in discord "pvp tournament" channel.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Vampires will become a real problem here. Maybe we should throw a coin about fighting night or day?
It is a very huge advantage on night OR very huge disadvantage on day. You can hit with adamantium as vampy effect... but on the day you get super damage.
Both are somewhat "tournament breaking"?
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop